Survivor 47 - Wednesdays 8/7C on CBS

Chaos Angel

Dee is my favorite player since Shan :heart: need them on The Traitors together 

Edited by Pink Whitney
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Komet

• Chamoy

• Harmonizer

They trolled Drew so hard in the edit tonight. Having him talk about making the final 3 with Austin and how amazing their duo has been :skull:

• Haha 2

I’m guessing the final 3 will be one Reba with Jake and Katurah goats (unanimous Reba winner)

It's clear to people paying close attention that Dee is a great player who's essentially been running the strategic gameplay of the season from start to finish, but if she wins, it will be soured by the fact that the editors of this show will have once again proven how completely incapable they are of editing female winners :deadbanana: Dee spent the vast majority of the pre-merge being portrayed as a third wheel to the bigger Austin/Drew duo, then she basically disappears from the show for most of the merge, and now that she's popped up again, the show is focusing almost exclusively on a showmance that was completely absent from the first 10 episodes of the season and reduces a strong female player's storyline to her relationship with a man :biblio: A male winner would never get an edit like that, which is super frustrating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

D E E :jonny5:

J U L I E :jonny5:

Best duo since... idk, Parvati/Amanda ?

Also this season in general is the best one in a LONG time, it doesn't feel like a 'new era' season at all.

Edited by Komet

Dee was able to keep up appearances with Drew/Austin that didn’t tip Julie off, won immunity, got let in on Jake’s plan when he specifically asked Katurah not to tell her which suggests Katurah is probably a lot closer to Dee than the edit is letting on, got out her desired target, has a shield for the final 5 in the form of Julie, and is effectively an immunity/FMC win away from becoming the most dominant and cutthroat winner in the new era 

e5aea9387ef70cdc179225749bb49e68c455c538

Edited by Gossip_Boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m rooting for mother keturah but it’s definitely Dee’s to lose at this point. as long as makes final 3 she’s taking it

• Like 1

LEGEND JULIE survives another day! Honestly thought she was gonna go this ep, glad to see she pulled through :jonny:

Good riddance Drew, don't let the door hit you on the way out! Showed his ass yet again, and the edit dumped on him :laugh:

Personally I would like Julie to win but from a storytelling standpoint I would be frustrated if anybody but Dee (and Jake, though I don't see it happening) wins because none of the others really have a compelling enough story/narrative

4 hours ago, Komet said:

D E E :jonny5:

J U L I E :jonny5:

Best duo since... idk, Parvati/Amanda ?

They have been running the show these past few votes, why were Drew and Austin's alliance pushed in favour of these two premerge :rip: Another Erika/Heather mess

I'm finally seeing Dee's power in this season, with her and Julie really being a power duo like Erica/Heather... and similarly the edit made that hard to see :biblio:

I don't really agree with the Erika/Heather edit comparisons.

The Dee/Julie duo has always felt more important than Drew/Austin. I never saw Miss Dee Spradlin-Shallow as their third wheel, but maybe that's because I zone out every time Drew and Austin are on screen. They showed how cutthroat Dee and Julie could be very early on with the way they handled J Maya. Most of Drew and Austin's screen time has revolved around advantages, which makes Dee/Julie washing said advantages all the more satisfying. 

I'm kinda glad they didn't give Dee a straight up coronation edit if she does end up taking it. The fans would've been even more insufferable about this season being boring if they did. I'm already rolling my eyes at the "she only seemed dominant because she played with a bunch of idiots" discourse. Women would receive so much more criticism if they gave them the same bloated edits that they tend to give their male winners. Dee's still getting a bit of backlash from those villainous moments that they have included here and there. The way her swearing on her family would've been edited out a few years ago.

Tony who? 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, they've shown Dee directly influencing the voteouts of J. Maya, Kaleb, Kendra, Emily and Drew. Not counting Sean's quit, that's 5 out of 7 tribals she attended; if they managed to get Sifu out on that tribal, they would've prob given her credit for that too.

Personally I do wish we saw even more from her, but 1) winners with edits like Emily's get tedious to watch no matter who they are, and 2) Dee and Reba 4 were practically on auto pilot until the end game tbh - first Lulu imploded and then Belo, it would've been weird if they were constantly showing her as a mastermind and telegraphing her win when most of her active game moves were made later in the game. 

I think its clear to most of the viewers that if Dee wins, she'd be one of the most dominant and controlling winners in a while and that's mother. 

Edited by Komet

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, Chamoy said:

I don't really agree with the Erika/Heather edit comparisons.

Not at all. They’ve shown Dee controlling the outcome of every post-merge vote. Others talked, she got results. At this point, she would be the most deserving winner by far.

dee was amazing in that one challenge :WAP:
when her and katurah said drew's names in unison :lmao:

austins glow up :WAP:

good ep. good vote. glad austin lost his protections. he should go next imo

Phenomenal season. Every episode has featured riveting gameplay and characterization. I love how the editors showed the parallels between Austin and Dee sitting on the beach for the past two episodes pre-tribal, having a dilemma about their decision to tell the other person about a secret, and making completely opposite decisions. This final 5 also feels complex given the time we’ve been allowed to spend with them. We’ve witnessed and been on everyone’s journeys since the start. 

Best season since Kaoh Rong IMO.

4 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:

Best season since Kaoh Rong IMO.

I agree! Funny how it's the one where all the different advantages, journeys and twists made the least impact in a while, isn't it? Or at least they had more time to show actual story besides all that due to 90 minutes

Yeah I can't see past a Dee win now but for some reason hadn't considered her much before this episode. It seemed a weird choice to target Drew but I'm not complaining.

Dee Spradlin is taking it :jonny5:I won't accept any other options!

(except Legend Julie who would be an alright winner :gaycat4:)

It’s crazy how they did 90 minute episodes this season and they still couldn’t manage to give proper character arc edits. I didn’t even know Dee & Julie’s names until about eight episodes in (I thought Julie’s name was Dee). Now we’re supposed to believe Dee is some strategic Survivor genius and one of the greatest ever ?

• Thumbs Down 5

• ATRL Moderator

The season became unwatchable after Emily's exit. Such a shame, the characters seem fabulous but production has truly dropped the ball 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 5

5 minutes ago, khalyan said:

The season became unwatchable after Emily's exit. Such a shame, the characters seem fabulous but production has truly dropped the ball 

After Emily’s exit? She nearly made it to the end.. only 2 eps after her exit. Lol

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, The Closer said:

After Emily’s exit? She nearly made it to the end.. only 2 eps after her exit. Lol

I watched the episode Emily got eliminated in last night and it was edited so poorly, I really couldn't be bothered to continue.

The only reason I think I made it as far as I did this season was Emily was such a great person to root for at the end. But with that taken away, there is no reason to keep watching.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.