• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Komet

• Chamoy

• Harmonizer

I've not been enjoying the recent seasons but that episode was more entertaining to me. I couldn't stop laughing at Brandon trying to climb the ladder and not making an inch. The gym owner randomly and obviously spying on his tribemates. Hannah an absolute mess and Emily somehow not targeting either of the other easy options to vote out but still surviving.

• ATRL Moderator

I'm just starting

1. Why is someone crying already

2. Why is that white girl upset the man who hit his head in the very first challenge is back like he has an advantage? 

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

I'm so embarrassed how is the boy who was crying in the beginning so physically weak he can't even climb a ladder?  How did he get past casting like that's such an obvious safety issue?  If I was on his team I'd be PISSED 

• Haha 1

Hannah ruining the first big twist of the season. :heart:

John Powell: If you had stayed who was going home at tribal?

Hannah Rose: It was going to be Brandon or Emily. That depended on a myriad of factors including if Brandon would play his shot in the dark. Kendra was at our camp for hours from the Belo tribe. That was a whole plot-line that no one saw, which I think was good to know…

John Powell: I was going to ask about that. Can you explain that twist that we didn’t see?

Hannah Rose: Absolutely. I just think it’s really good for the fans to realize like you are not seeing everything. You would never know Kendra’s there.

Then, we see a boat coming up and it’s Kendra. Everyone goes to say hello to her and I am like: ‘No, I can’t do this. I walk into the jungle very angrily…I am kind of glad that didn’t air. I apologized to her later that day. I was like: ‘Listen, you’re so full of joy and enthusiasm and bubbly and it was like the antithesis of everything I was feeling.’ I went up to her and apologized. We love each other and it’s great. She’s so wonderful. We didn’t know she had a secret vote and Sabiyah ended up telling me because Kendra told her. I was like a game of telephone right before tribal. That’s when I knew I wasn’t writing Brandon’s name down.

It was Day Three and I’m not a Survivor player. I’m just not. I wouldn’t write Brandon’s name down. I don’t want Emily to go because I love Emily and I would go to war for her but I would rather it be Emily than Brandon but I still felt really badly. Then, I found out about the secret vote and that Kendra was going to write Brandon’s name down as a back-up. All of those things culminated at tribal and I’m sitting there I’m like: ‘It will devastate Emily or Brandon. It is like their worst nightmare and I’m not going to slide through the first tribal just so that I look good on TV.’

https://www.globaltv.com/hannah-reveals-the-twist-we-did-not-see/

"After the Immunity Challenge, we had a twist," Probst says. "The winning tribe was allowed to send one player to the losing tribe's beach. And that person would get to hang out while Lulu is scrambling, trying to decide who to vote out. So that player's there gathering lots of information."

"That player also had power in that they got to secretly cast a vote against one of the Lulu players, and it would count at Tribal, and nobody knew," he reveals. "But there was no vote because Hannah quit. So it never came into play. So when it came time to cut scenes, we decided this had to go because it didn't have the kind of impact we intended."

https://parade.com/tv/survivor-45-twist-jeff-probst-podcast

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, Chamoy said:

Screaming at her deciding to audition for the first time after being so disgusted by the S43 winner

Wait, slay a bit. She was really annoying and awful, except for dragging the weirdos who believe in aliens. But maybe there's some hope for her after all!

• ATRL Moderator

Mess at Hannah quitting because she needed a cigarette. A reverse Shane experience!

• Haha 2

I'd rather see a mess of a tribe that Lulu is spiraling to be... Villain Emily, Emotional Brandon, Alien Pyramid Weirdos Kaleb and Sabiyah, Quitter Hannah then there's Sean although overall there weren't that stand out personalities that the Tika Three were. Also, if you put me in a tribe with Kendra obsessed with signs, I would lose it. :rip:

Overall, this wasn't a great episode just because the challenges were boring and production is adamant that the 100% success rate of Savvy or Sweat is broken this time with the 2 tribes by combining both choices. :rip:

9 hours ago, khalyan said:

I'm so embarrassed how is the boy who was crying in the beginning so physically weak he can't even climb a ladder?  How did he get past casting like that's such an obvious safety issue?  If I was on his team I'd be PISSED 

They recruited him for this excact reason. He's obviously naive person who believe he was chosen because he is special and his humiliation makes for a great tv. We see it all the time

Edited by stupidjock

• ATRL Moderator

Emily pulling a Kyle BB and making it seem the black people are in an alliance against the whites :rip: 

God this season is horrific 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

They recruited him for this excact reason. He's obviously naive person who believe he was chosen because he is special and his humiliation makes for a great tv. We see it all the time

It’s way worse than usual though, I’m fine with the struggling but to have an apparent panic attack because you can’t go one step on a three step ladder is atrocious. It makes me not want to watch. 

I would rather watch half the cast get injured like last seasons premiere over a person who can barely stand up, a racist immediately targeting the black contestants, and someone who quit when so many people try to get on this show for years. 

5 minutes ago, khalyan said:

It’s way worse than usual though, I’m fine with the struggling but to have an apparent panic attack because you can’t go one step on a three step ladder is atrocious. It makes me not want to watch. 

I would rather watch half the cast get injured like last seasons premiere over a person who can barely stand up, a racist immediately targeting the black contestants, and someone who quit when so many people try to get on this show for years. 

Oh but I agree with that 100%. For me it's more pathetic than entertaining but I guess whatever it takes for the ratings. Unless that nerd is gonna have some kind of amazing journey to finale where he finds his inner strenght and learns that he can overcome anything. When you think about it, it kinda makes sense since he's such a big fun of survivor

Edited by stupidjock

Emily has to be the worst player the show's ever had :deadbanana4: your tribe is weak af, why would you want to go after the strongest male in your team :rip:

If Brandon is going to be Gabby 2.0 he needs to go next ep, I cannot stand the constant crying

Jake and Katurah are so funny :ahh: as a future lawyer I must say I rolled my eyes at the amount of lawyers on this season but they've delivered

On 9/29/2023 at 2:06 PM, khalyan said:

Emily pulling a Kyle BB and making it seem the black people are in an alliance against the whites :rip: 

God this season is horrific 

I’m not gonna lie, the way to spoke about/to Bruce, Kaleb and Sabiyah was starting to rub me the wrong way but I’ll stay quiet

One of the worst episodes/premiere of all time :biblionny:

i am so shocked that none of the tribe or Jeff said ANYTHING to her about how much of a loser she was being for quitting. Also half the cast is a bore or just unlikeable, what is going on ? 

yeah this cast seems pretty meh so far and the only entertaining/interesting ones are screaming first boots but we'll see.

Anyone been playing Survivor - Castaway Island? It's a pretty fun game, but it's not an amazing game, if that makes sense

I love that we got so much tribe dynamics and social bonds in tonight's episode. These 90 minute episodes are kinda eating :mandown:

I was rooting for Brandon, but I would've made the same decision tonight. He flopped a few too many times I fear :'(

• Like 1

Brandon is like scotts tots The guy has no confidence. He's always always looking down. Hair covers his eyes. Poor guy. Watching this back is not going to help. 

• ATRL Moderator

Not them casting a nerdy "Survivor" superfan this season who wasn't even good at puzzles. Poor Brandon. What a flop he was. Maybe they can lay off this archetype a bit in the casting.

• Like 1

Emily her redemption came too soon but she's still fun. Brandon can consider himself lucky he survived one elimination.

Glad Brandon is gone, his unconfident, weak and self deprecating schtick got old real fast and he was annoying :skull:

Brando is adorable

• Like 1

the long episodes are so much better, they gave us a better understanding of the tribes dynamics. Brandon was giving J'Tia, I'm glad he's out

Brandon :deadbanana4:

Compared to the other two nerds in other tribe who ate that puzzle in the immunity challenge

Lulu Lemon is cursed. I can see they lose again and again until they merge or they might bring back swap when there’s only 2 of them left in the game

• ATRL Moderator

:rip: Brandon was a disaster. I don't even know why they would consider getting rid of Emily over him. Emily's shot in the dark stunt was a pretty interesting stunt... would have been a scream if it didn't work.

90 minute episodes really helping the new format because they would have just focused on yellow tribe with nothing on the others.

I'm currently actively rooting against Drew and Bruce :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.