Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

• ATRL Moderator

Remembering that Sloane has a major title always gives me a good chuckle

9 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

Sloane Stephens seems to be in great form. I couldn't stay up late enough to see the full match but she was stomping on Clara Burel at 6-0 3-0. She could win her second title here.

I hate u ffff

Auger-Aliassime, Khachanov, Tabilo are seeds that lost

Sinner, Medvedev needed 4 sets

Raducanu needs to rethink her strategy. Why did she think she'd be fine to play just 1 tournament before this? Her record is now W-R1-A-R1 at the USO :rip: Serving Vondrousova at Wimbledon realness  

People forget how great Seles and Capriati were. No way Iga beats this version of either player: 

22 hours ago, supaspaz said:

Remembering that Sloane has a major title always gives me a good chuckle

Honestly one of the biggest flukes ever

10 hours ago, abelfenty said:

Raducanu needs to rethink her strategy. Why did she think she'd be fine to play just 1 tournament before this? Her record is now W-R1-A-R1 at the USO :rip: Serving Vondrousova at Wimbledon realness  

I watched highlights from her match and her play is so amateurish, like I have no words, it's terrible.

I wasn't rooting for her back in 2021 because Fernaznes had one of the best runs at GS and deserved it more, but it's such a shame her career will end up being the worst ever for GS winner or top 10 player. And we can mostly blame UK for that because they are so desperate in making a star they kept throwing all the money and sponsors to her last few years, she simply doesn't care. People on twitter say she is missing tournaments because she doesn't wanna play qualies. 

I don't know what happened to Fernaznes, I really thought she would explode.

And Kennin is lost cause, she had few really big wins last year and it didn;t do anything for her game or confidence. 

Tiafoe and Shelton won and will play each other in R3

Rybakina withdrew

Korda, Hurkacz

Andreeva so far among the losses today

Rybakina seriously became the biggest joke of the tour

• Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/41029670/iga-swiatek-stars-say-tennis-tours-ignore-players-health

I think the first thing we need to do is gut all the tournaments in between the US Open and ATP/WTA Tour finals. Two weeks after the US Open should be the ATP/WTA finals. With these extra 2 months, the ATP/WTA can better space out the tournaments. If you really need those fall tournaments, then make them such that only players under age 21 are eligible to play in them. This will give better exposure to younger players, and help them develop their game for the next season.

Wow, Alcaraz is out!!!

Lost in straight sets to van de Zandschulp.

One of

Van de Zandschulp

Draper

Goffin

Machac

De Minaur

Evans

Arnaldi

Thompson

will make the SF 

Edited by Sensation

Wozniacki, Pegula had wins

18 y/o Mensik came back to win in 5

Edited by Sensation

The hate for Sloane is so uncalled for, yes she's unbothered most of the time but it has gotten her a GS and another GS final, which is more than a lot of other one slam girlies. She has decided to not make tennis her entire life, and that's totally up to her and completely fair. Cannot deny it's frustrating to see her play but I kinda live as well. She has one iconic Slam and she's fine with that, slay

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, Sensation said:

Wow, Alcaraz is out!!!

Lost in straight sets to van de Zandschulp.

My mom was texting me very upset. She loves Carlos.

Carlos's weakness seems to be that he doesn't bounce back from big losses well. He went into a rut after the Cincinnati loss last year and is in one again after the Olympics loss.

21 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/41029670/iga-swiatek-stars-say-tennis-tours-ignore-players-health

I think the first thing we need to do is gut all the tournaments in between the US Open and ATP/WTA Tour finals. Two weeks after the US Open should be the ATP/WTA finals. With these extra 2 months, the ATP/WTA can better space out the tournaments. If you really need those fall tournaments, then make them such that only players under age 21 are eligible to play in them. This will give better exposure to younger players, and help them develop their game for the next season.

She needs to shut the hell up.

Top players 15, 20 years ago used to play at least 20 tournaments per year with full on Asian swing and hard court indoor with WTA finals taking place there.

Asian swing/Indoor hard court swing is just as important as any other part of the season. Why is she not asking for shorter clay season??

And tennis seasons are not made only for richest top players, there are other players who need to play to earn money and a lot of times players used to gain momentum in those part of seasons like Zvonareva and Jankovic, and in recent years Kontaveit.

6 hours ago, geddymonster said:

Carlos's weakness seems to be that he doesn't bounce back from big losses well. He went into a rut after the Cincinnati loss last year and is in one again after the Olympics loss.

It's funny because it happened 2 times in finals against Novak. But I don't think he will waste the rest of this season like he did with previous one. 

Anyway i predict Novak losing tonight 3:0.

I watched both of his matches today on yt and he was so bad, like I have no words, I understand age and tiredness, but he probably came to US open hoping to phone in first week and find form for 2nd week, but with the draw he just had he probably won't survive R3.

So we can all agree Shelton is the worst player ever?

The fact that he is so disrespectful when he plays his FRIENDS and fellow Americans... He didn't learn a single thing from last US Open.

Gauff won in 3

Badosa, Zheng, Vekic, Navarro won

Wang beat Azarenka

• Like 1

Let's go team Taylor 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.