Tennis | Sabalenka, Sinner, Legend V win at US Open

supaspaz

15 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

Coco :rip:

She's definition of overachiever. Imagine if Ruud had won GS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

with the quicker courts and lighter balls its really over for coco :rip: 

• Like 1

I love when I see old Federer statements resurface, he was so salty and arrogant. His PR machinery really fooled people into thinking he was nice.

Imagine Novak saying this today about Alcaraz or Sinner

18 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

She's definition of overachiever. Imagine if Ruud had won GS. 

Not really, Coco bursted onto the scene at age 15 and was expected to be great. The real definition of an overachiever is Jasmine Paolini. I would have never expected a season like this from her.

In the long run, winning a GS so early may have been bad for Coco. Her second serve and forehand are still huge liabilities.

Coco was never going to be an all time great with her mechanics but I do wonder where her ranking will even out long term 

Cincinnati QF

Men

Sinner v Rublev

Zverev v Shelton

Hurkacz v Tiafoe

Rune v Draper

Women

Swiatek v Andreeva

Sabalenka v Samsonova

Pegula v Fernandez

Pavlyuchenkova v Badosa

I'm all up for breaking rackets and I'm glad Alcaraz showed human side of it, because it is natural, in any sport.

Players are not robots and they should let their feelings out despite PR machinery of certain players gaslighted people into thinking it's not ok.

But then again double standards of it bother me so much, I mean look at commentators during the match saying 'what a passion, look at how much he wants to win this match' 

2 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

I'm all up for breaking rackets and I'm glad Alcaraz showed human side of it, because it is natural, in any sport.

Players are not robots and they should let their feelings out despite PR machinery of certain players gaslighted people into thinking it's not ok.

But then again double standards of it bother me so much, I mean look at commentators during the match saying 'what a passion, look at how much he wants to win this match' 

It's not okay when anyone does it. It damages the court surface, and it's tone deaf to be destroying $300+ racquets when a lot of people can't even afford to a decent racquet. Plus it's just stupid because you can hurt yourself when you do it. There's a difference between being passionate and emotionally immature.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

It's not okay when anyone does it. It damages the court surface, and it's tone deaf to be destroying $300+ racquets when a lot of people can't even afford to a decent racquet. Plus it's just stupid because you can hurt yourself when you do it. There's a difference between being passionate and emotionally immature.

Well players are not doing that every single match. Oh please give me a break, you literally repeated Nadal's line. It's also stupid to take a shower every day when so many people in the world don't even have water. 

5 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Well players are not doing that every single match. Oh please give me a break, you literally repeated Nadal's line. It's also stupid to take a shower every day when so many people in the world don't even have water. 

Comparing taking a shower to millionaire tennis players destroying racquets like petulant children. :rip:

6 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

Comparing taking a shower to millionaire tennis players destroying racquets like petulant children. :rip:

Comparison was very on point but you have selective point of view. 

2 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

Comparison was very on point but you have selective point of view. 

Under your logic, Shapo never should have been punished for hurting the chair umpire's eye and Zverev never should have gotten in trouble for nearly hitting the chair umpire with his racquet because they were just being "passionate."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

Under your logic, Shapo never should have been punished for hurting the chair umpire's eye and Zverev never should have gotten in trouble for nearly hitting the chair umpire with his racquet because they were just being "passionate."

Breaking a racket and hitting something or someone with a racket are two different things. Stop.

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, geddymonster said:

This is your brain on Djokovic

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, supaspaz said:

This is your brain on Djokovic

And this is your

GUtJXyJWMAAlF72?format=jpg&name=360x360 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Sabalenka def Swiatek 63 63 to advance to Cincy finals

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

And this is your

GUtJXyJWMAAlF72?format=jpg&name=360x360 

You misspelled Venus Williams’ name

5 hours ago, stochastic said:

Sabalenka def Swiatek 63 63 to advance to Cincy finals

love seeing the annoying Swiatek stans on Twitter fuming :jonny5:

• Haha 1

Loving how the fast courts in Cincy are shaking things up. Enough with the slow courts!

Pegula def Badosa 62 36 63 to advance to finals tomorrow

On mens side,

Sinner def Zverev 76 57 76 to face the winner of Tiafoe v Rune

On 8/17/2024 at 8:24 AM, NoAngelus said:

The Alcaraz favoritism is honestly over-the-top. As an American, it was super annoying to hear the commentators rave there way through a match in the Olympics even as he was playing an American. Every little comment is tied back to him. "WOW! What a great shot by Tommy Paul! You have to see how perfect it is to get it past Carlos."

We get it. He's new, young and exciting.

12 hours ago, Exodus said:

The Alcaraz favoritism is honestly over-the-top. As an American, it was super annoying to hear the commentators rave there way through a match in the Olympics even as he was playing an American. Every little comment is tied back to him. "WOW! What a great shot by Tommy Paul! You have to see how perfect it is to get it past Carlos."

We get it. He's new, young and exciting.

But it's expected. He comes from a rich posh country, has super strong sponsors. People behind the scenes decided he was gonna get that treatment. It's not fair but stuff like that happens in tennis. Xenophobia is still an issue in tennis.

Nothing has changed since Navratilova spoke about it decades ago...

Btw I can't believe he was forced to release PR statement/apology about breaking a racket. People in suits were worried.

Edited by NoAngelus
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, supaspaz said:

You misspelled Venus Williams' name

I really haven't paid attention to Venus Williams since like 7th or 8th grade when she used to be populartop player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.