Tennis | Sabalenka, Sinner, Legend V win at US Open

supaspaz

That was such a great final. I was expecting a more one-sided match but Pegula played really well to make it competitive and keep the pressure on Sabalenka.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

• ATRL Moderator
22 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

I am also disgusted by this sport and sponsors and Italy who hid doper and whole tennis world tried to hide it and force doper to #1 while he should've been suspended. I honestly wanna stop watching this sport because of that.  

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

Sinner needs another pair of shorts. It’s not working with those scrawny chicken legs.

Sinner wins slam #2

Next up is Davis Cup, Laver Cup then the Asian swing.

2000s born kids have started to dominate the tour!

Poor 90s born players have no enough time to shine:rip: The 2 GS they won happened during the height of Covid too...

2023 Djokovic winning 3 GS ->  2024 Sinner/Alcaraz winning 2 GS each

God help us if boring Sinner starts to dominate the game.

I need Sabalenka to win Wimbledon next year. She should've won last year. 

5 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

God help us if boring Sinner starts to dominate the game.

Don't worry. Amazing Alcaraz is here. 

On 8/30/2024 at 2:33 PM, NoAngelus said:

She needs to shut the hell up.

Top players 15, 20 years ago used to play at least 20 tournaments per year with full on Asian swing and hard court indoor with WTA finals taking place there.

Asian swing/Indoor hard court swing is just as important as any other part of the season. Why is she not asking for shorter clay season??

And tennis seasons are not made only for richest top players, there are other players who need to play to earn money and a lot of times players used to gain momentum in those part of seasons like Zvonareva and Jankovic, and in recent years Kontaveit.

I used to like the fall schedule when Virginia Slims was the sponsor. All those epic matches with Navratilova, Graf, Seles, Capriati, Sabatini, etc made women's tennis in the fall must-see TV. The Asian swing, as currently constructed, doesn't really do it for me. They either need to get rid of it, make it for U21, or move it to start a new season in November (and move up the WTA Finals to the 2nd half of September, following the US Open). The Asian swing in November would be a seamless ramp up to the Australian leg in late December/January.

19 hours ago, supaspaz said:

the way my messy ass thought you thread banned him ffff :rip: 

Anyways, yeah Sinner is boring so I'll be rooting for Carlos (+Fils, Mensik etc) for the next 15 years I guess

• Like 1

The fall ATP schedule is ass backwards. If I were in charge, I'd do it in reverse:

Sept 16 (1500): ATP Finals
- season end break -
Nov 4 (250): Belgrade, Metz
Nov 11 (1000): Paris Masters
Nov 18 (500): Basel, Vienna
Nov 25 (250): Almaty, Antwerp, Stockholm
Dec 2 (1000): Shanghai Masters
Dec 9 (500): Beijing, Tokyo
Dec 16 (250): Chengdu, Hangzhou

Then after this, you can just seamlessly transition into the Australian leg of the season.

Some highlighted entries for upcoming Asian tournaments:

WTA

Seoul: Swiatek, Rybakina, Pegula

Beijing: Swiatek, Sabalenka, Gauff, Rybakina, Paolini

Wuhan

ATP

Hangzhou: Rublev, Rune, Khachanov

Tokyo: Hurkacz, Ruud, de Minaur, Tsitsipas, Fritz, Shelton

Beijing: Sinner, Alcaraz, Zverev, Medvedev, Rublev, Dimitrov,

Shanghai

Penko you better successfully vulture Guadalajara :jonnycat:

I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me to do the Asian swing now, then go to Europe in October/November before doing the ATP Finals, especially considering the Asian cities have a warmer climate in the fall/winter than the European cities. It makes more sense to end the season climatically with the ATP Finals fresh off the US Open, then stay in Europe for November (after the month-long season end break), before doing the Asian swing in December, and finally moving to the Australian leg in late December/January. Makes a lot more sense and a lot less travelling for the players.

okay. Penko if you don't win Guadalajara now :rip:

Collins ending the year and therefore her career like this is sorta sad

Had the honor of meeting the legend today :clap3:

I've seen him play dozen of times but never stood neck to neck with him, feels surreal, he's a real person after all. 

e2113275-5170-4edf-bae0-a73298952a33.jpg

On 9/13/2024 at 5:44 PM, Sensation said:

Swiatek withdrew from Seoul

Osaka split with her coach and apparently is going to be coached by Mouratoglou now

The Seoul field is embarrassing. The fall schedule has been a mess since the WTA dropped Virginia Slims as a sponsor. The WTA either needs to make these tournaments U21 or move up the WTA Finals to the last 2 weeks of September. I have seen high school girls tennis tournaments field better than what we have at Seoul.

On 9/13/2024 at 5:44 PM, Sensation said:

Swiatek withdrew from Seoul

Osaka split with her coach and apparently is going to be coached by Mouratoglou now

The Seoul field is embarrassing. The fall schedule has been a mess since the WTA dropped Virginia Slims as a sponsor. The WTA either needs to make these tournaments U21 or move up the WTA Finals to the last 2 weeks of September. I have seen high school girls tennis tournaments field better than what we have at Seoul.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.