• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

Iga was shook. Still think Aryna is gonna take it all. Need her to whack that other billionaire's daughter tomorrow

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Only one top ten player in the men’s SF is interesting!

Iga out I love this song

• Like 1

iga's sorta like mid-2000s Nadal, with french domination that didn't quite translate to the other majors yet

good for American men finally being able to get to a major final after 15 years

Edited by fridayteenage

4 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

iga's sorta like mid-2000s Nadal, with french domination that didn't quite translate to the other majors yet

good for American men finally being able to get to a major final after 15 years

Iga is nowhere near mid-2000s Nadal. Her age 18/19 season in 2020, the French Open was the only title she won. In Nadal's age 18/19 season, he won 11 titles that season. Plus, Nadal went up against a peak Federer, which is the biggest reason why he didn't win more slams outside of the French Open prior to 2008. Even then, at age 22, Nadal beat Federer at Wimbledon and the Australian Open. Iga doesn't have a rival close to the quality of peak Federer. Not to mention, Iga has 22 titles. At this point in Nadal's career, he had 36. Nadal is way more dominant than Iga.

I'd even argue that mid-2000s Nadal is more dominant than current Alcaraz. Nadal had 23 titles at the end of his age 20/21 season. Alcaraz is only at 15 titles.

Edited by pride4jc1222

5 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Iga is nowhere near mid-2000s Nadal. Her age 18/19 season in 2020, the French Open was the only title she won. In Nadal's age 18/19 season, he won 11 titles that season. Plus, Nadal went up against a peak Federer, which is the biggest reason why he didn't win more slams outside of the French Open prior to 2008. Even then, at age 22, Nadal beat Federer at Wimbledon and the Australian Open. Iga doesn't have a rival close to the quality of peak Federer. Not to mention, Iga has 22 titles. At this point in Nadal's career, he had 36. Nadal is way more dominant than Iga.

I'd even argue that mid-2000s Nadal is more dominant than current Alcaraz. Nadal had 23 titles at the end of his age 20/21 season. Alcaraz is only at 15 titles.

While not saying she's exactly like mid-2000s Nadal, it's also not that much of a stretch. To say she's nowhere near it, is really pushing it. Let's not forget she broke through during covid, which must've been really difficult and to then compare that season, when she was only able to play 6 tournaments, to a season Nadal played 20+ tournaments, is really off base. I do agree she does not have a rival like Federer and by now, she should have made more use of that but a rival can also push you to the next level.

If you look at their win ratio's, which I think is a better indication, those are actually quite equal so there's certainly similarities to their path at the moment. If she can now pivot this into going deeper at other slams and winning them, keep dominating RG and back it all up with more weeks at #1, she might actually surpass him. She's already got one Tour Finals title more than him :mandown:

• Like 1

Impressive turnaround from JPEG. Always a tall order to beat a world number one and then have to show up for the next match. A rocky start, but she was on fire by the end of the second set. Hopefully a good final!

• Like 1

the billionaire kinda eating I'm ngl :rip: I saw her win in Toronto live and the crowd was NOT feeling her (understandably so). But she's been on quite a tear at the USO and she took out Iga so we might have to stan (personally hoping Sabalenka wins it all though)

• Like 1

Win it all Big Lenka :jonny:

But yeah, the JPEG wealth thing ofc doesnt sit the best with me, but she seems to be super likeable (altho the video on the train was cringe)

Taylor's girlfriend looks ridiculous in that outfit. :rip:

5 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

Taylor's girlfriend looks ridiculous in that outfit. :rip:

Taylor cares more about his influencer girlfriend over the child he had with a random woman when he was 19. Where's that child now? 

Taylor Always Wins, let's go!

Sinner and Aryna for the win. AO, Cincinnati, now US Open :jonnycat:

• Like 1

that wouldn't be very dope

Hoping Aryna wins today and that Fritz can make it at least competitive tomorrow.

I am also disgusted by this sport and sponsors and Italy who hid doper and whole tennis world tried to hide it and force doper to #1 while he should've been suspended. I honestly wanna stop watching this sport because of that.  

• Like 1

Pretty high quality final so far.

What an amazing final! So happy for Aryna :clap3:

Amazing match. Some shots Aryna hit last night was unbelievable. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.