• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

hmm, who's left to root for on the women's side?

i suppose asians + slam finalist Coco Gauff

2 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

?-ra Kvitová says hello.

Still think she's playing next year lol but we'll see

Not much to say, the tennis spoke for itself - as always. If it's really the end, it was hell of a way to go.

Man, watching this made me realize I'm not even close of being ready to see Rafa retire too. I will be absolute sobbing, depressed MESS :rip:

It's surreal to see these players go. I've been watching them since I was a kid. It's hard to picture tennis without them.

I'm glad Serena didn't go down without a fight. Thanks for everything, legend. :clap3:

7 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Man, watching this made me realize I'm not even close of being ready to see Rafa retire too. I will be absolute sobbing, depressed MESS :rip:

It's surreal to see these players go. I've been watching them since I was a kid. It's hard to picture tennis without them.

My earliest tennis memories are of Venus, Serena, Roger, and Rafa. Tennis will really be upended when they’re all gone. :weeps:

that match was so nerve-wracking! i got so stressed i had my hands over my eyes because i just couldn’t take it anymore lol, but very well-played to both.

couldn’t help but cry when venus cried. serena has had a legendary career longer than i’ve been alive it’s so hard to believe it’s over! :cries:

9 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

you stan people because of their race? its giving-

3 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

you stan people because of their race? its giving-

giphy_s.gif

if you're trying to say i'm racist because i'm supporting people from my parents' nation, that says more about you than me, xoxo 

ab6761610000e5ebcdce7620dc940db079bf4952

664.png

ANYWAY...per wiki, after the williams sisters, the biggest female slam winner still on the circuit is Osaka, currently #44 and super spotty since she said she wanted to avoid speaking to the press. I wonder if she might end up a 20something retiree like Miss Barty.

I went to the open Wednesday and Thursday.  Saw Serena's match against Anett and her and Venus practicing.  Another highlight was seeing the Tsitsipas brothers play doubles!

I'm not too upset with Serena.  I'm glad she went out on her own terms and she seemed happy in her post match presser.

Whew my girls delivered :jonny4:

Sad for Garbi cause she was finally playing great this week, but LFG P3tra :jonny5:

13 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Whew my girls delivered :jonny4:

Sad for Garbi cause she was finally playing great this week, but LFG P3tra :jonny5:

Petra is just so incredible. Happy to see her win. Muguruza is equally incredible. 

2 hours ago, Sensation said:

Looking forward to Medvedev vs Kyrgios tonight

Should be a mess, and I'm here for it!

US Open has been sooo entertaining so far! Rooting for King Kyrgios and Collins/CoCo. Apparently Alcaraz and Ruud have a chance to hit #1...they would need to win the tournament right?

Medvedev isn't at his best right now. He was unable to exploit NK's weakness so many times in this match:cries:

Last year's Meddy would be able to neutralize NK's game today:coffee2:

Hopefully Meddy will bounce back after this difficult season:heart2:

Where is Djokovic when you need him the most? I'm afraid Nadal in his current form won't be able to block NK:monkey:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.