37 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

:lmao: 

She had every right to mock him because that call was a travesty. :rip:

1 hour ago, geddymonster said:

She had every right to mock him because that call was a travesty. :rip:

what did he say lol

15 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

what did he say lol

Riske hit it off the opponent’s leg and said “I’m sorry.” The umpire thought the opponent hit it with her racket, so he called a let and awarded them the point.

16 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

Riske hit it off the opponent’s leg and said “I’m sorry.” The umpire thought the opponent hit it with her racket, so he called a let and awarded them the point.

:rip: hawk eye for everything

i was just watching some old highlights from the golden age of women's tennis when serena, venus, henin, clijsters, davenport, hingis, etc were all fighting for every title and it made me sad to realize how much of a sh*t show the WTA has been for the past like 10 years 

6 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

i was just watching some old highlights from the golden age of women's tennis when serena, venus, henin, clijsters, davenport, hingis, etc were all fighting for every title and it made me sad to realize how much of a sh*t show the WTA has been for the past like 10 years 

I agree. Although I'm more ambivalent about the ATP than I ever have been. I usually love the Australian Open but going into the second week I'm struggling to keep interested with so many leading players underperforming.

new king

nc-35b4ebe7f258c70bb7a4acf5934bb3df.jpg

the fact he didn't win a single GS match and now he's in QF:jonny:

said for Iga, wanted her to win but those STROKES rybakina was hitting :skull:

7 hours ago, brenda-walsh said:

i was posting some ancient matches of serena, justine, venus, capriati etc i don't wanna sound like an old prude with nostalgia issues but yeah i agree

another king with czech roots :party: 

Lehecka got my attention at the Next Gen ATP Finals last year, so I'm glad to see him with a strong start to 2023.

I feel like Tsitsipas is coming for his first slam, especially with Novak not 100%.

Tsitsipas can always lose to anyone, but we'll see.

Hopefully Novak really does go out soon

the vika match :skull: c'mon belarussian banshee

28 minutes ago, Sensation said:

Lehecka got my attention at the Next Gen ATP Finals last year, so I'm glad to see him with a strong start to 2023.

I feel like Tsitsipas is coming for his first slam, especially with Novak not 100%.

yes king jiří came prepared, will be an interesting match with tsitsi

that sinner match, he let him dream a bit before destroying him .. let's see, novak still plays really well, depends how serious the issue really is.

I’d love to see Azarenka have a dream run. First mother to win a Grand Slam (I think?).

8 minutes ago, geddymonster said:

I’d love to see Azarenka have a dream run. First mother to win a Grand Slam (I think?).

Girl what

article-1213326-066B8786000005DC-170_634

chsyddmvl8k60x455gbw.jpg

(and I dont think Kim was the first either)

Edited by okgo

Thank god Vika won that match. Also bye Iga!

11 minutes ago, okgo said:

Girl what

article-1213326-066B8786000005DC-170_634

chsyddmvl8k60x455gbw.jpg

(and I dont think Kim was the first either)

Oh yeah, forgot Kim had had a baby already when she made her first comeback.

6 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

said for Iga, wanted her to win but those STROKES rybakina was hitting :skull:

i was posting some ancient matches of serena, justine, venus, capriati etc i don't wanna sound like an old prude with nostalgia issues but yeah i agree

1990-1992 Seles-Capriati was the last great women's tennis rivalry, in my opinion. It's a shame that it all fell apart long before it was supposed, and we never saw their true peaks. After Seles was stabbed and Capriati started doing drugs, the women's game went into the crappers. I'm just glad Capriati was able to come back years later and even win slams against the next generation (Serena, Justine, Venus, etc.), but that level of play in the 2000s was nowhere near that of the early 90s.

That said, look out for Linda Fruhvirtova. I believe she is the most talented player in the women's game since Seles and Capriati.

Edited by pride4jc1222

2 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

1990-1992 Seles-Capriati was the last great women's tennis rivalry, in my opinion. It's a shame that it all fell apart long before it was supposed, and we never saw their true peaks. After Seles was stabbed and Capriati started doing drugs, the women's game went into the crappers. I'm just glad Capriati was able to come back years later and even win slams against the next generation (Serena, Justine, Venus, etc.), but that level of play in the 2000s was nowhere near that of the early 90s.

That said, look out for Linda Fruhvirtova. I believe she is the most talented player in the women's game since Seles and Capriati.

nahh early 90s was literally just Seles and Graf :skull: in the 2000s you had at least 8-10 women who were all fighting for the same titles.

Seles-Capriati had like one memorable match at the US Open while the rivalries between Serena-Venus, Henin-Clijsters, Davenport-Hingis, etc all were multiple high quality matches over a 5-10 year period 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.