Tennis | Hasta luego, Garbiñe

supaspaz

Ugh Emma again with blisters all over her right hand.

Pretty entertaining first set. Cornet with some absurd defense at times

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

Emma losing was probably the most predictable result of this R1

Tbh this might be good for her in the big picture, the pressure and expectations was overwhelming. Now she's free and can start over

Osaka out and Collins playing the best I’ve seen her since the Australian Open.

asian legends flopping. 

with serena retiring soon, who am i supposed to root for

Danielle played outstanding, Naomi just can't cut it like this playing part-time.

Also Garbine has to deal with Fruhvirtova in R2, who's the next Czech great. Garbine might flop in that match tbh.

22 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Both men and women fields are insanely open

Nadal coming off injury and Medvedev not playing that well

At least wait for both of them to be OUT to make that comment:huh:

Right now a Nadal vs Medvedev Final remains the most likely scenario:celestial5:

7 hours ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

Also Garbine has to deal with Fruhvirtova in R2, who's the next Czech great. Garbine might flop in that match tbh.

mess I didn't see she was playing Linda, yeah it's over :gaycat6:

Apart from the usual over-hitting, Naomi played pretty great last night. She just needs to play more matches and get her rhythm and confidence back.

Serena, you absolute ******* legend. :worship2:

The best match she has played in YEARS. The serve, the movement, the shot selection, the mental strength, the fightback after set 2, just incredible. She has let go of the anxiety over getting another slam  and is just playing for the love of the competition and the sport and wanting to enjoy every last minute on court.

A stunning match from Serena. Even close to retirement she is still able to dismantle top 10 players. 

Really incredible the way she was able to put the second set behind her and go into the third set with a clear head. It would have been easy for her to start panicking knowing what was on the line.

An incredible competitor through and through.

So pumped to watch Legend V and Serena on prime time tomorrow. :wanda:

She's so not retiring after this :rip:  

I feel she made the decision because of the injuries and cause she was playing badly this past year, but with the level she's playing this week... shes absolutely coming back next year to chase 24 (if she doesn't win it already)

4 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

I feel she made the decision because of the injuries and cause she was playing badly this past year, but with the level she's playing this week... shes absolutely coming back next year to chase 24 (if she doesn't win it already)

I don’t know… She’s seemed pretty unwavering about it being her last tournament, but who knows.

Just now, geddymonster said:

I don’t know… She’s seemed pretty unwavering about it being her last tournament, but who knows.

She was pretty vague when they asked her in the R1 press conference and said "you never know..."

I think tonight is the best she's played in a very long time. She could easily go on if the body holds up.

8 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

To me it sounded like the main reason is her wanting a 2nd baby and her interests outside of tennis

This is on pace to be the first year since 1994 without a tour level match win from Venus

I'm not a serena fan but i'm glad such a legend will retire after doing a great job in a tournament! i think she'll make it to 4R 

that user saying she wont retire :rip: why are you acting like she's not only in third round?? plus she made a big vogue cover to announce it. she'll for sure retire unless she wins it all

Edited by Sharapov

17 minutes ago, Wizard said:

serena :duca: she's playing so well

The serve is not clicking. :rip:

If Tomljanovic is the one to send Serena into retirement. :rip:

Time to step it up, S!

On 9/1/2022 at 6:43 PM, nooniebao said:

Do you guys think Ajla will be tough to beat on Friday? 

Yes :coffee:

My heart cannot handle this. I’m an anxious wreck. :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.