Tennis | Follow the red clay road to Roland Garros

supaspaz

29 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

I hate him but Novak is clearly playing much better. Much better than Alcatraz from the very first point. 

Dont agree with that. 

Absolutely thought Alcaraz was finding his game and winning this at the start of the third

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

45 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

In the first set for sure, but in the second Alcaraz came back. And he had the upper hand in the third before the injury.... now it's over

19 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Dont agree with that. 

Absolutely thought Alcaraz was finding his game and winning this at the start of the third

The Big 3 curse.
Before Zverev got injured against Rafa last year, the match was very tight too…

The luck. :skull:

Ruud is the last hope. Imagine a Djokovic vs Zverev final. I never thought I would root for Djokovic breaking the slam record but I may end up doing so.

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Dont agree with that. 

That’s the thing. Tsitsipas and Musseti were two sets up against Djokovic and see what happened. 
God I miss my Federer so much. 

43 minutes ago, skyandground said:

The Big 3 curse.
Before Zverev got injured against Rafa last year, the match was very tight too…

That match was something else. Sascha was on fire that day, still bottled that 1st set tiebreak. 

Philippoussis at 1999 Wimbledon was worse than Zverev last year or Carlos today. I'm a huge Sampras fan, but I have to admit that Mark was dominating him that day until the untimely injury. I'll always wonder what if Mark never gets injured that day.

Let's go Casper!  

let's defend those finalists points boo

Badosa going from that insanely hot model boyfriend to Tsitsipas :rip: oh it was bad for her 

Casper. :alexz: Class personified.

QueenofCopyPaste

Leylah Fernandez in the FINALS of Women's Doubles with Taylor Townsend :duca: :flame:

10 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Dont agree with that. 

9 hours ago, Steve Johnson said:

That’s the thing. Tsitsipas and Musseti were two sets up against Djokovic and see what happened. 
God I miss my Federer so much. 

People never doubt Carlos can overpower Djoker for a set or two.

The main question is: Does Carlos have the physical fitness to keep this intensity needed to beat Djoker for 5 hours in a GS? We got the answer…

We’re witnessing 36-year-old Djoker is physically outlasting 20-year-old next great hope:michael:

Of course I believe Carlos will keep improving his physical fitness and solve this one day.

Edited by skyandground
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Dont agree with that. 

Finding his game :dies:

Djokovic literally handed him set with unforced errors!

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Lovesong said:

Finding his game :dies:

Djokovic literally handed him set with unforced errors!

And Alcaraz played awful in the first set. The 2nd set wasnt bad at all from Novak. Was a really good match at that point

5 hours ago, skyandground said:

People never doubt Carlos can overpower Djoker for a set or two.

The main question is: Does Carlos have the physical fitness to keep this intensity needed to beat Djoker for 5 hours in a GS? We got the answer…

We’re witnessing 36-year-old Djoker is physically outlasting 20-year-old next great hope:michael:

Of course I believe Carlos will keep improving his physical fitness and solve this one day.

The cramps were nerves, not fitness

4 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

The cramps were nerves, not fitness

It’s a lesson for Carlos.

He has to improve both his physical fitness and mental strength to have a chance against Djoker in a GS match next time.

You know damn well Djoker will make sure the match will last at least 5 hours long. It will never be easy to beat him.

4 minutes ago, skyandground said:

It’s a lesson for Carlos.

He has to improve both his physical fitness and mental strength to have a chance against Djoker in a GS match next time.

You know damn well Djoker will make sure the match will last at least 5 hours long. It will never be easy to beat him.

Carlos played insanely long matches at his US Open title.

Of course Novak is different, but the match yesterday wasnt insanely physical or anything.

Was a damn shame the match ended like that

Anyway. Can Muchova wake up please. And remember her 5-0 record gainst top 3 players. 

I want Iga to win, but doesnt have to be in an hour

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Anyway. Can Muchova wake up please. And remember her 5-0 record gainst top 3 players. 

I want Iga to win, but doesnt have to be in an hour

:worship2:

Iga won 6-2, 5-7, 6-4. 

Edited by Steve Johnson

Legend :clap3:

Was expecting iga to win in straights, I was so nervous during the third set :gaycat6:

Happy for Iga.  I like both Novak and Casper so whoever wins will be fine by me.

Grass tournaments start next week with Kyrgios, Berrettini, Venus returning

Regarding Carlos Alcaraz, only time will tell. For all we know, Carlos may have already peaked and in 20 years time, we may be looking back at the Djokovic match in the same light as Hewitt-Agassi in the 2002 US Open semifinals. Hewitt was 21 and already won 2 slams. Nobody would have thought that day that Hewitt would never win another slam.

Edited by pride4jc1222

Casper needs to start unleashing on the forehand, even if it means he throws in a few errors.

The crowd booing Novak for getting a net chord :bibliahh:

Love them

Rafa's coming back next year to restore order to RG. He will win one final French Open, and a singles gold medal for good measure.

Medvedev 1-3

Thiem 1-3

Ruud 0-3

Tsitsipas 0-2

…Alcaraz 1-0

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.