Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

One more WTA American withdrawal, please

9 hours ago, supaspaz said:

What a disaster the Olympics is turning out to be

I think the biggest problem is timing. Wimbledon should have probably been moved to August (and the US Open to October) to accommodate the Olympics. Going from clay -> grass -> clay was just too much to ask for some players.

At least the Friday, July 14 start date of the 2028 LA games will force Wimbledon to move its date (either to the late May/early June slot of the French Open, which would likely push the FO to the fall after the US Open like in 2020 - or - to early August after the Olympics).

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, pride4jc1222 said:

I think the biggest problem is timing. Wimbledon should have probably been moved to August (and the US Open to October) to accommodate the Olympics. Going from clay -> grass -> clay was just too much to ask for some players.

At least the Friday, July 14 start date of the 2028 LA games will force Wimbledon to move its date (either to the late May/early June slot of the French Open, which would likely push the FO to the fall after the US Open like in 2020 - or - to early August after the Olympics).

They need to be more conscientious of this, though. If they’re going to keep tennis in the Olympics, they need actual players to show up for it to be taken seriously.

:jonny5:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

:jonny5:

She's improved a lot over the years. Really interested in seeing what more she can achieve.

Wimbledon main draw comes out Friday 10am local time

Raducanu got her first top 10 win beating Pegula in Eastbourne

The biggest problem with the Olympics is that they stopped awarding ranking points.

11 hours ago, Sensation said:

I really hope Raducanu pulls off a win against Alexandrova. It's going to be tricky but she's been looking good her last few matches. If she does win I can see her equally her 2021 result of R4

Wimbledon day 1 schedule

Centre Court

Alcaraz v Lajal

Raducanu v Alexandrova

Gauff v Dolehide

Court 1

Kovacevic v Medvedev

Bektas v Sabalenka

Sinner v Hanfmann

• ATRL Moderator
On 6/28/2024 at 8:04 AM, geddymonster said:

The biggest problem with the Olympics is that they stopped awarding ranking points.

I kind of like it standing as something apart, rather than just another tournament. But yeah, it does undermine the incentive to participate. Unless you’re Legend V, the most patriotic queen.

thanks for the thread title change @supaspaz :jonnycat:

-

Neighomi (since she's on grass, idk someone make a better nickname pls) made a complete mess of it but got through :jonny2: 

Azarenka also withdrew due to a shoulder injury

Day 2 schedule

Centre Court

Bouzas Maneiro v Vondrousova

Djokovic v Kopriva

Murray v Machac

Court 1

Rybakina v Ruse

Baena v Zverev

Swiatek v Kenin

On 6/28/2024 at 8:04 AM, geddymonster said:

It would help, though, if they altered the schedule during an Olympic year to accomodate for the Olympics. Like move Wimbledon to late May/early June (when the French Open normally takes place) and move the French Open to fall (like they did in 2020). The schedule as it stands is very crowded between the FO and the US Open. Adding the Olympics makes it even more crowded.

I personally don't like the idea of Wimbledon being played in late June/early July. This is the time when high schoolers here in the US are off of school. I believe the WTA should have a mid-season break here. This would definitely help the quality of play during the second half of the season.

Bronzetti serving real life Disney villain rn with the way she's screaming at these ball boys :rip: Canadian queen legend icon player Fernandez better shut her DOWN

On 6/28/2024 at 7:14 AM, piotrert said:

awful draw for iga. well, more time to prepare for olympics :bird:

she just won in straight sets :gaycat3:

• Like 1

Day 3 schedule

Centre Court

Muller v Medvedev

Osaka v Navarro

Sinner v Berrettini

Court 1

Todoni v Gauff

Alcaraz v Vukic

Raducanu v Mertens

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.