• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

Legend V has had no luck recently with the injuries.

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, geddymonster said:

Legend V has had no luck recently with the injuries.

Props to her for pushing through and giving people what they came for.

I never really liked the short turnaround from the French Open clay to the Wimbledon grass. They need to experiment having Wimbledon in August next year, and possibly the US Open in October. I'm not really interested in Masters events, especially international ones, in between the US Open and the ATP/WTA Finals.

If there needs to be tournaments in the dead of summer after the FO, then move up the October Masters events there.

26 minutes ago, pride4jc1222 said:

I never really liked the short turnaround from the French Open clay to the Wimbledon grass. They need to experiment having Wimbledon in August next year, and possibly the US Open in October. I'm not really interested in Masters events, especially international ones, in between the US Open and the ATP/WTA Finals.

If there needs to be tournaments in the dead of summer after the FO, then move up the October Masters events there.

It would be better if the clay season could be shifted forward. There’s a huge gap between the Australian Open and French Open.

17 hours ago, geddymonster said:

It would be better if the clay season could be shifted forward. There’s a huge gap between the Australian Open and French Open.

Or we could move the Australian Open to February and Indian Wells to between the US Open and the WTA Finals (like in 2021). IW in early March always seemed out of place to me.

It’s going to be interesting to see what happens with tournaments like Washington DC and Winston Salem (1) when Toronto and Cincy go to 2 weeks in 2025, and (2) if Cincy moves to Charlotte. If the Cincy Masters goes to Charlotte, then the Winston Salem tournament is as good as gone.

Edited by pride4jc1222

It's been a minute! What it do

Novak still trash but don't see why anyone still bothering with the GOAT debate. 

Wimbledon my fav major but their shitty organization is just :rip: why are people playing FIRST sound matches tomorrow? 

Win it all Aljona, my fav

Girl killed, others injured as car crashes into Wimbledon school

A girl was killed and several others were injured Thursday when an SUV crashed into an elementary school in Wimbledon, about a mile from the site of the Grand Slam tennis tournament, Metropolitan Police said.

Police had listed seven children and two adults as injured before announcing that the girl had died. Metropolitan Police said the incident was not being treated as terror related.

"This is tragic news and our thoughts are with the girl's family and friends, and everyone affected today," Detective Chief Superintendent Clair Kelland said in a statement. "We remain at the scene and are continuing our investigation into the full circumstances of the incident."

Police were called to The Study all-girls school at 9:54 a.m., along with paramedics in ground and air ambulances. The driver of the vehicle, a woman in her 40s, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, police said.

Stephen Hammond, Wimbledon's representative in Parliament, said the section of the school where the crash took place caters to younger children between the ages of 4 and 8.

Unlike the Grand Slam event, the school is located in a fairly remote area surrounded by local parks, horse trails and golf courses. The road where the crash took place on is very narrow.

Police extended a large cordon around the school, and television pictures from overhead showed the SUV up against the wall of the building.

Hard to believe, but today marks 2 years since Federer played his 1526th and final match, a straight sets loss to Hubert Hurkacz in the Wimbledon quarterfinals. Two days earlier, Federer defeated Lorenzo Sonego in straight sets for his 1251st and final win.

Tsitsipas d. Murray in 5 sets

Berrettini and Zverev both won and will play each other tomorrow

Djokovic d. Wawrinka in straights

Sabalenka, Andreescu won in 3 

Women's draw 4th round

Swiatek v Bencic

Azarenka v Svitolina

Pegula v Tsurenko

Vondrousova v Bouzkova 

Jabeur v Kvitova

Haddad Maia v Rybakina

Keys v Potapova/Andreeva

Alexandrova v Sabalenka

-----

Alcaraz, Rune, Medvedev, Berrettini, Tsitsipas all won today

I'm glad they're not doing that stupid tradition of no play on Sunday. There are some great matches in R4 in both draws and it'd hard to keep up if they were all on the same day.

Swiatek, Svitolina, Pegula 

Sinner, Rublev, Dimtirov advanced today

17 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

I'm glad they're not doing that stupid tradition of no play on Sunday. There are some great matches in R4 in both draws and it'd hard to keep up if they were all on the same day.

I'm okay with them doing away with the no play on Sunday, but all singles play should be on the women's side. Monday should be reserved for the men's singles. Then, alternate days after that, with the women's singles Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, and the men's singles on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.

I don't like the mixing of men's and women's matches in the 2nd week of a slam. It creates a scenario where men can have 2 days rest in between quarterfinal (Tuesday) and semifinal (Friday), and women can play consecutive days (quarterfinal on Wednesday and semifinal on Thursday).

Edited by pride4jc1222

Quarterfinals 

Women

Swiatek v Svitolina

Pegula v Vondrousova

Jabeur v Rybakina

Keys v Sabalenka

Men

Alcaraz v Rune

Medvedev v Eubanks

Sinner v Safiullin

Rublev v Djokovic

Edited by Sensation

Svitolina :celestial6:

That's just incredible. Came back from retirement way better than ever before

Svitolina vs Vondrousova as a SF for Wimbledon is SHOCKING.

Would never have predicted that when the tournament began.

Looks like Legend V vs. Svitolina was the real final.

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

Looks like Legend V vs. Svitolina was the real final.

Exactly. She gave her that good juju.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.