• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

4 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

Sabalennka out too. I swear I've never seen luckier player in tennis than Swiatek and I've been following tennis for 2 decades. The way everything is simply given away to her. From #1 to GS titles...

Also, the mysterious illness Rybakina had last year at the French Open when she was on form. Sometimes, I wish Osaka never lost focus and Barty never retired. The Osaka match proved that Iga is beatable.

Iga is lucky that she was born when she was. She is not a better player than Capriati, for example. I mean, if Iga was born in May 1975, her career would be a footnote in women's tennis. Meanwhile, if Capriati was born in March 2002, she would win at least 12 slams.

I'm not worried because Iga's time on top is going to end soon. Mirra Andreeva is going to be the next great women's tennis star.

• Confused 1

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

It's comical for a greatest tennis player of all time and the champion of the most GS titles where you have to play best of 5 sets to make a comeback from a set or two down? It's not comical, that's outstanding. That's the definition of physical and mental strength. And doing that at 37 years old. I'm sorry your hatred is actually clouding your judgment. 

Are you…okay? You get so irrationally angry over benign comments on the internet. 

20 hours ago, pride4jc1222 said:

Also, the mysterious illness Rybakina had last year at the French Open when she was on form. Sometimes, I wish Osaka never lost focus and Barty never retired. The Osaka match proved that Iga is beatable.

Iga is lucky that she was born when she was. She is not a better player than Capriati, for example. I mean, if Iga was born in May 1975, her career would be a footnote in women's tennis. Meanwhile, if Capriati was born in March 2002, she would win at least 12 slams.

I'm not worried because Iga's time on top is going to end soon. Mirra Andreeva is going to be the next great women's tennis star.

Rybakina has been a joke ever since RG last year

Somehow Iga always avoids playing top players when they are in form, her draws to majority of her titles is literally the biggest joke in tennis. To think that she's gonna have more RGs than Novak or Serena, more GS titles than Henin, Seles... 

If Osaka never retired she wouldn't have been anywhere, she was just lucky that she retired and everyone else was in horrible form that year after covid and she got huge boost of confidence and most matches like that one against Osaka she wins by being confident. 

I doubt change is gonna happen soon, we all though Sabalenka and Rybakina would be a threat and they are back to being nothing. I had high hopes for Noskova and she didn't happen yet. 

Hell, even Fernandes, the way she played that US Open in 2021 I was sure she was gonna be the next best thing. And she went only downhill since then...

Boring semi results for the women

Interested to see how Alcaraz/Sinner goes.  

Coco's forehand was a hot mess today 

2 hours ago, geddymonster said:

Coco's forehand was a hot mess today 

It's been utter **** the entire year despite her making two GS SFs. Her only good results are Rome SF, Indian Wells SF and Auckland title. She has a load of points to defend soon so I don't think she'll be #2 for that long.

The fumes at Swiatek when shes by far the most consistent, plays extremely well tactically and rarely produces insane numbers of unforced errors. Shes very quick, attacks right away and has a playstyle that is clearly akin to Nadals, which is new in the WTA.

Yall act as if Henin or other past slam winners would easily beat her, when theres 0 proof for that. After all, Swiateks playstyle mightve also troubled the Henins and Capriatis (to cite yall).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

if only queen naomi could have faced her later. naomi's the only who's really made her fight for the win.

if she wins her 5th major, it's basically the only match in any of those 5 where she really had to fight, with naomi taking 17 games

(followed by last year's french final when muchova took 13)

Edited by fridayteenage

Alcaraz d. Sinner 26 63 36 64 63 to reach his first RG final

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

The fumes at Swiatek when shes by far the most consistent, plays extremely well tactically and rarely produces insane numbers of unforced errors. Shes very quick, attacks right away and has a playstyle that is clearly akin to Nadals, which is new in the WTA.

Yall act as if Henin or other past slam winners would easily beat her, when theres 0 proof for that. After all, Swiateks playstyle mightve also troubled the Henins and Capriatis (to cite yall).

Swiatek has been exposed plenty of times as a weak player when stable aggressive player manages to play more than one set on top without producing many errors lol (Noskova, Rybakina, Alexandrova etc.)

The problem with WTA last 10 years is that there is no stability among players, everyone works on muscles and not on mental strength, and Swiatek being stable and mid player is not the praise you think it is. She couldn't hold a candle to Barty just few weeks before she became #1 and she got to this place only because Barty retired. Let's not forget that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NoAngelus said:

Swiatek has been exposed plenty of times as a weak player when stable aggressive player manages to play more than one set on top without producing many errors lol (Noskova, Rybakina, Alexandrova etc.)

The problem with WTA last 10 years is that there is no stability among players, everyone works on muscles and not on mental strength, and Swiatek being stable and mid player is not the praise you think it is. She couldn't hold a candle to Barty just few weeks before she became #1 and she got to this place only because Barty retired. Let's not forget that.

And she was 19 back then, now shes 23. Like ur comparison is weak since Swiatek evolved since then. Most legends were not at Swiateks level at her age, be for real.

Also, lets not act as if Serena, Justine and all the other class players didnt have weaknesses or lost. Everybody has a weakness to some sort, but its the ability to dominate the game and dictate it to ur liking. Ans Swiatek is absolutely in a class of her own in that regard overall. 

Barty lost plenty of times against Halep and Swiatek canabalized Halep at RG at the age of 19. So u really make no point whatsoever

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

And she was 19 back then, now shes 23.

That was 2 years ago.

2 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

That was 2 years ago.

Well so, Swiatek was 20/21 then and u compare her to a reigning World #1 at her prime back then. Swiatek clearly evolved + her stats on clay speak for themselves. Shes nadalizing her competition on clay, thats for sure. Stay mad

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

if only queen naomi could have faced her later. naomi's the only who's really made her fight for the win.

if she wins her 5th major, it's basically the only match in any of those 5 where she really had to fight, with naomi taking 17 games

(followed by last year's french final when muchova took 13)

Not really. If Osaka had faced Swiatek later, the weather would have been better, sun would have been out, roof would have been open. The drier conditions would have favoured Swiatek more and chances are it would have been done in tight straight sets.

People forget that heavier conditions favour bigger hitters as opposed to players that play with more spin like Swiatek. It was one of the contributing factors to Nadal's 09 loss.

Edited by Khal
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

Well so, Swiatek was 20/21 then and u compare her to a reigning World #1 at her prime back then. Swiatek clearly evolved + her stats on clay speak for themselves. Shes nadalizing her competition on clay, thats for sure. Stay mad

It doesn't matter when her birthday is, the fact is that in 2022 she still couldn't hold a candle to Barty and she was already GS champion and top 10 player for 2 years. Did you actually watch tennis in 2022? She wasn't that good, everyone else was simply horrible, the fact that not one other top 10 player was capable of playing two good tournaments in a row was really questionable. She simply built her confidence on the back of back to back title wins. And she is still riding high on the confidence. Last year when she had back to back defeats to Rybakina and few other players it was pretty obvious that when she's down she doesn't have one weapon in her game. 

Not to mention all the draws over the last 2 years and how conveniently she always avoids possible mines. Just one look under WTA posts on IG would show you that other people also noticed that.

Like when Sabalenka was #2 she would always go against #4 Rybakina in draws, when she became #1 she would still always go to #4 Rybakina. When she got back to #2 she would go against her again, when Rybakina switched to #3 once again she goes against her. Fixing draws got WTA's attention during I think Madrid this year when they started deleting comments on IG because a lot of people there noted how Iga always gets easy draws. 

Edited by NoAngelus
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

It doesn't matter when her birthday is, the fact is that in 2022 she still couldn't hold a candle to Barty and she was already GS champion and top 10 player for 2 years. Did you actually watch tennis in 2022? She wasn't that good, everyone else was simply horrible, the fact that not one other top 10 player was capable of playing two good tournaments in a row was really questionable. She simply built her confidence on the back of back to back title wins. And she is still riding high on the confidence. Last year when she had back to back defeats to Rybakina and few other players it was pretty obvious that when she's down she doesn't have one weapon in her game. 

Not to mention all the draws over the last 2 years and how conveniently she always avoids possible mines. Just one look under WTA posts on IG would show you that other people also noticed that.

Like when Sabalenka was #2 she would always go against #4 Rybakina in draws, when she became #1 she would still always go to #4 Rybakina. When she got back to #2 she would go against her again, when Rybakina switched to #3 once again she goes against her. Fixing draws got WTA's attention during I think Madrid this year when they started deleting comments on IG because a lot of people there noted how Iga always gets easy draws. 

What even are "easy" draws when Swiateks H2H is literally extremely in her favor to any player not named Ostapenko/Rybakina/Krejcikova lol

Thats literally a clear sign of domination. So just because u think she's "less" than what she appears, she should now only face these three? Because otherwise, her H2H is always positive cause shes winning.

1 hour ago, NoAngelus said:

Iga leads the overall H2H against Noskova and Alexandrova. Rybakina leads their head to head, but Iga still has wins against her including the Doha final this year (where she also beat Alexandrova).

She's still having success against these supposedly better players, and against players who actually have a match-up advantage against her, which also debunks the idea that she's only #1 because she's "lucky" to avoid top players that are capable of beating her or that her draws are "rigged" so she doesn't have to play them. You're contradicting your own arguments at this point.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kristie Kuwa said:

What even are "easy" draws when Swiateks H2H is literally extremely in her favor to any player not named Ostapenko/Rybakina/Krejcikova lol

Thats literally a clear sign of domination. So just because u think she's "less" than what she appears, she should now only face these three? Because otherwise, her H2H is always positive cause shes winning.

Don't act naive. Fixing draws has been a hot topic for the last 15 years, from ATP to WTA. She always gets the side of the draw where she avoids main mines. I mean if you want can analyze her draws over the last 2 years?

Out of curiously, when did you tart watching tennis?

1 minute ago, Marla Singer said:

Iga leads the overall H2H against Noskova and Alexandrova. Rybakina leads their head to head, but Iga still has wins against her including the Doha final this year (where she also beat Alexandrova).

She's still having success against these supposedly better players, and against players who actually have a match-up advantage against her, which also debunks the idea that she's only #1 because she's "lucky" to avoid top players that are capable of beating her or that her draws are "rigged" so she doesn't have to play them. You're contradicting your own arguments at this point.

I never said they are better players, there's not one good player on tour last few years. I said players who can keep it together for two straight sets. 

And it's a fact that she got to #1 because she's lucky. #1 literally retired and got removed from rankings. The most dominant #1 player of the last 15 years and yet she barely played.

4 minutes ago, NoAngelus said:

I never said they are better players, there's not one good player on tour last few years. I said players who can keep it together for two straight sets. 

And it's a fact that she got to #1 because she's lucky. #1 literally retired and got removed from rankings. The most dominant #1 player of the last 15 years and yet she barely played.

U can get lucky for a few weeks, not when u dominate years at the young ages of 20-23. I bet in 10 years theres gonna be a new rising Superstar and you'll be like "nahhh she doesnt have competition, she doesnt have to face threats like Sabalenka or Rybakina or Swiatek at her prime. Shes not even close to their level" nnnn

Rome draw

Swiatek draw: Jabour :rip: Ostapenko (leads h2h but never played on clay), Gauff :rip: Sakkari :rip:

Sabalenka draw: Rybakina, Krejcikova, Collins, Paolini, Noskova, Kalinskaya, Alexandrova

3 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

U can get lucky for a few weeks, not when u dominate years at the young ages of 20-23. I bet in 10 years theres gonna be a new rising Superstar and you'll be like "nahhh she doesnt have competition, she doesnt have to face threats like Sabalenka or Rybakina or Swiatek at her prime. Shes not even close to their level" nnnn

Well you obviously can if you play in weakest era of all time, but even in 2016 and 2017 there was some kind of stability among players.

These days Sabalenka goes from winning a slam without losing a set to losing to a barely top 100 player 60 61 in 2nd and 3rd sets. That's not normal. And she's like the most stable after Swiatek. There's obviously something wrong with WTA tour. Not to mention how all of them are checked out after US open. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.