Tennis | Carlos Alcaraz, the future of men’s tennis

supaspaz

With her win at Rome, Rybakina moves up to #4 in the world rankings, and is guaranteed to avoid facing Swiatek and Sabalenka until the semifinals. Coco Gauff's world ranking drops to #6.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sensation

• geddymonster

• pride4jc1222

• Gui Blackout

QueenofCopyPaste

Elena #4 seed on Roland Garros wow

ClayGOAT Medvedev :worship2:

Daniil's win means he will be #2 seed at RG, bumping Djokovic to #3.

RG main draws come out Thursday 2pm local time

10 hours ago, Sensation said:

Medvedev d. Rune 75 75 to win Rome

I like Medvedev, but I'm sad for my boy Rune:frown:

Rooting for Rune at Roland-Garros! :bird:

14 hours ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

Elena #4 seed on Roland Garros wow

Elena should've been #3 with more than 7000 points including her Wimbledon win.

Iga is in danger at Roland-Garros, I fear.

She's been defeated by Elena this year while still gifting bagels to other WTA players:gaycat2:

Kenin and Marozsan, who beat Sabalenka and Alcaraz in Rome, both lost in RG qualies

RG draw out tomorrow

Sofia Kenin’s 2020 season is going to replace 1998 Marcelo Rios as the greatest one year wonder/outlier season in tennis history. Kenin won 16 matches at the slams in a pandemic shortened 2020, winning the Australian Open and making the finals at the French Open, en route to being named the WTA player of the year. Outside of 2020, Kenin has won 16 matches total at the slams in 5+ seasons, and outside her AO win, she has 2 second round exits and 3 first round exits I her other appearances in Melbourne.

Just a thought: Maybe Paula shouldn't play Eastbourne or the Cincinnati Masters this year.

Paula Badosa ruled out of French Open with spinal fracture

Paula Badosa will miss the French Open after suffering a stress fracture in her spine at the Italian Open last week, the former world No. 2 said Thursday.

Badosa, 25, who was ranked second a year ago, has dropped to 29th amid an injury-ridden season. The Spanish player was knocked out in the quarterfinals in Rome.

"Just when everything seemed to be fine again, I received bad news just before starting a Grand Slam. At the tournament in Rome I suffered a stress fracture in my spine," she said in a statement.

"It has been very hard news after such a difficult start of the season with injuries. This is going to keep me out of competition for some weeks."

Badosa also missed the Australian Open in January due to a thigh injury sustained in a tuneup tournament in Adelaide.

The French Open begins Sunday.

18 y/o Arthur Fils won his first ATP title today

RG Day 1 Schedule

Philippe-Chatrier 

Sabalenka-Kostyuk

Tsitsipas-Vesely

Cornet-Giorgi

Mannarino-Humbert

Suzanne-Lenglen 

Khachanov-Lestienne

Sakkari-Muchova

Rublev-Djere

Pegula-Collins

Sabalenka won 63 62

Tsitsipas, Rublev, Khachanov, Hurkacz needed 4 and 5 sets to win

Linette, Sakkar & Evans, Shelton were among the seeds to lose today

Pliskova, Bencic, Trevisan, Kvitova,

Auger-Aliassime, Van De Zandschulp, Zapata Miralles,  Struff were the seeds to lose today

Thiem also lost in R1

Coco Gauff def. Rebeka Masarova 3-6, 6-1, 6-2 in her first round match.

Mirra Andreeva has an impressive 6-2, 6-1 first round win. I get the feeling that in 2 years time, we'll be talking about her the same way we talk about Carlos Alcaraz now. Andreeva is clearly the most talented player since Monica Seles/Jennifer Capriati/Martina Hingis in the 90s.

On 5/21/2023 at 6:22 PM, Marla Singer said:

ClayGOAT Medvedev :worship2:

1 hour ago, Sensation said:

Medvedev lost in 5 sets

daniil-medvedev-dead-fish.gif

Legend V making her comeback in the Netherlands. :alexz:

Seems like the smart money bet is Holger Rune winning the FO. He'll only need to beat one of Alcaraz, Djokovic, and Tsitsipas to win the title. Rune +950 feels like a steal here.

Starboys23

i think sloane stephens has an outside chance this tournament shes looking to be in phenomenal shape and shes made the finals before and is a great defensive clay  courter... i think she could outhit IGA if it came to it

Mirra Andreeva wins 1 & 2, and Coco Gauff wins 2 & 3. Andreeva and Gauff will play in the 3rd round, in what should be a glimpse to the future of women's tennis.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.