Horror Movies

Outlaws

8 hours ago, hypnodemiluv said:

The impact of Spoonful of Smash after almost 2 years  is INSANE. I don't see Screamflop or Evil Flop serving that LONGEVITY i f*cking won! <3 

Tea. It ended Bombarian too! :sistrens:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• Uncatena

• The Witch

• genetic fail

I actually think this looks good, definitely a better trailer than the first one too.

Hesitant to call I Saw The Turd Glow a good movie, but there were some elements to it that I REALLY loved. 6.5/10 

@SitarHero 

On 6/30/2024 at 10:58 PM, Roberto said:

Who watched the new A Quiet Place? Is it worth watching on cinemas?

wait for it on VOD

Just finished Maxxxine. It's definitely a good movie on its own. Kinda campy but i love it. Just that Pearl sets the standard too high its hard to live up to :jonny5:

This legendary marketing campaign :jonny2:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bimbo said:

This legendary marketing campaign :jonny2:

incredible work, NEON has put a LOT into this and I hope it pays off. 

Longlegs final trailer is out and it looks soo good

Friday the 13th part 13 aka In a Violent Nature is an okay watch. Scenery is amazing of course, dynamic and pacing are also good, but killer's perspective method is only doing so much in a movie that doesn't offer anything more than usual slashing and dicing. I guess they did what they wanted though. 

6 hours ago, illia said:

Longlegs final trailer is out and it looks soo good

In am so hyped to watch this next week. :jonny5:

A Quiet Place was enjoyable. Not enough tension and stakes but Lupita ATE with the acting.
LONGLEGS must be good and save us from this horrible year for horror movies.

• Like 1

I'm about to watch Sting tonight! Has anyone else watched it? 

8 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

In a Violent Nature :fan: 

Downloading. :heart2:

1 hour ago, sweetsexysavage said:

I'm about to watch Sting tonight! Has anyone else watched it? 

Yeah, it was mid. INFESTED (Vermin) is much much better.

2 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

In a Violent Nature :fan: 

Don't look at my avi, but this was veeeeery slow. :deadbanana4:

Also, the script was pretty damn bad.

However:

I loved the scenery and camera work.

Some of the kills. :clap3:

The suspense of the last scene. :clap3:

Spoiler

Random ass hour-long monologue in the end tho. :rip:

'Twas cute.

8 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

Don't look at my avi, but this was veeeeery slow. :deadbanana4:

Also, the script was pretty damn bad.

However:

I loved the scenery and camera work.

Some of the kills. :clap3:

The suspense of the last scene. :clap3:

Reveal hidden contents

Random ass hour-long monologue in the end tho. :rip:

'Twas cute.

im going to be full on pretentious mode here because this movie is SO misunderstood imo and this has mostly nothing to do with your very fair review lmao.

yes its slow. it HAS to be to get the point across. you could not make this movie, with this set up, and make it fast paced. inherently because of the POV, its going to be slow. the same with the script, this would not work as well as a comedy and meta commentary on the genre if we had likable characters with good dialogue. I think the "comedy" (in the way that a lot of the set ups here are intentionally silly) is not being picked up on by viewers and it's frustrating. 

Spoiler

any tried and true horror fan who didn't giggle when they realized Johnny has to go all the way back around the lake to get his ax back... im sorry but what is not clicking????

the last scene is essential to the movie. its the next step of the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre ending. Yes, Sally is alive, but at what cost. This goes even further and follows a character into a moment we normally would not see on screen (just like the walking of Johnny) and it perfectly displays the life that Kris now has to endure for the rest of her life. She knows, just like the audience, that Johnny couldn't possibly be near her. But she is still scared, paranoid, frightened. That will stay with her forever and it's a haunting ending. Especially since we don't even find out if she actually survives.

honestly, im fine with the Immaculates and Late Night with the Devils of the year, but they bore me to ******* tears. same old ****, nothing new. THIS, to me, was so extremely refreshing, funny and well thought out. 

19 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

im going to be full on pretentious mode here because this movie is SO misunderstood imo and this has mostly nothing to do with your very fair review lmao.

yes its slow. it HAS to be to get the point across. you could not make this movie, with this set up, and make it fast paced. inherently because of the POV, its going to be slow. the same with the script, this would not work as well as a comedy and meta commentary on the genre if we had likable characters with good dialogue. I think the "comedy" (in the way that a lot of the set ups here are intentionally silly) is not being picked up on by viewers and it's frustrating. 

Hide contents

any tried and true horror fan who didn't giggle when they realized Johnny has to go all the way back around the lake to get his ax back... im sorry but what is not clicking????

the last scene is essential to the movie. its the next step of the original Texas Chain Saw Massacre ending. Yes, Sally is alive, but at what cost. This goes even further and follows a character into a moment we normally would not see on screen (just like the walking of Johnny) and it perfectly displays the life that Kris now has to endure for the rest of her life. She knows, just like the audience, that Johnny couldn't possibly be near her. But she is still scared, paranoid, frightened. That will stay with her forever and it's a haunting ending. Especially since we don't even find out if she actually survives.

honestly, im fine with the Immaculates and Late Night with the Devils of the year, but they bore me to ******* tears. same old ****, nothing new. THIS, to me, was so extremely refreshing, funny and well thought out. 

Yeah I don't get it. It was slow and very mid. 

2 hours ago, killer_rose said:

Yeah, it was mid. INFESTED (Vermin) is much much better.

I just watched it and I really should've saved my money :deadbanana4:

Spoiler

The little girl was pretty badass though! 

Do you need to watch Pearl before watching MaXXXine? 

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

Reveal hidden contents

I like this take. I registered the genre meta-comedy immediately, but kind of dismissed it throughout because of how slow it was. But I guess that's kinda what genius about it, the contradiction of it all.

Also, I agree completely about the ending.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sweetsexysavage said:

I just watched it and I really should've saved my money :deadbanana4:

Hide contents

The little girl was pretty badass though! 

Do you need to watch Pearl before watching MaXXXine? 

Definitely stream online Vermines, it's actually a good spider movie.

The story goes Pearl - X - MaXXXine.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure what I want to watch. Torn between a campy/comedy slasher (You're Next, Bodies Bodies Bodies) and an introspective/mindfuck (Coherence, Last Shift, Triangle).

Anyone got anything? 

:clack:

15 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

I'm not sure what I want to watch. Torn between a campy/comedy slasher (You're Next, Bodies Bodies Bodies) and an introspective/mindfuck (Coherence, Last Shift, Triangle).

Anyone got anything? 

I'll jump on this one. I need something for tonight as well.

@ChapelHooker Round two.

I am seeing In a violent nature tonight, hopefully it's as good as some of you mentioned.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.