Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

1 hour ago, lillavend3r said:

Girls hating on this while stanning multiple pointless Scream sequels...

:swan:

The accuracy :dies: 

Queen Esther is coming to save the '20s rate omq @The Witch

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

On 7/3/2022 at 3:00 PM, Reverse Warholian said:

Yikes! Although can't say I'm surprised, Little Zzzombster :bam: 

Plus we can't completely fault those kids considering the abomination of a script they were working with :rip:

A single viewing of '20s rate Top 5 candidate The Innocents will hopefully elevate your standards for both good writing and child acting! 

Top 20 at best but a good recommendation! :clap3:

@mellenthin search the Norwegian name lol

13 hours ago, Sharapov said:

what a HORRIBLE take when everyone has praised the kids esp. the girl for the acting

80pXfwN.thumb.gif.c3260c0319b7de59ec3186

She's the only one I've heard this from, maybe if she keeps saying it someone will believe!

8 hours ago, SitarHero said:

@mellenthin search the Norwegian name lol

Omg I tried it the other day, but I must've misspelled it 'cause now I found it! Thank you :heart2: 

Now I know what I'm watching tonight!!

just saw The Innocents. i wanted to like it but whew what a snore. and i love slow burn horror.

Edited by popmusicisdead

I finished "The Sadness" this movie is beyond crazy. At some scenes i covered my eyes. One of the most ****** up movies i saw. It was good in a gore way and ****** up way. 

Edited by rooby.booby

Just finished "Old". First of all, what the **** was with the bad acting? Everyone acted so bad, such a turn off. 

+ some scenes are filmed so tacky. 

The idea of the movie was interesting, the movie was not bad.

Just watched Incantation on Netflix. :jonnycat: scary, haunting and amazing. One of the best horror movies on Netflix. However, I think i'd real scary for Asian audience due to cultural difference and how we relate ti Buddhism. The movie is basically about the opposite of Buddhism just like how Satan to Christians.

MV5BNzVhMzdmNmItOWU4Ni00NmVhLWFkYjgtMjUz

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

I watched "The Manor" which was more of a thriller than horror. 

It was nice seeing Big Deborah (The Taking Of Deborah Logan actress) in this movie. 

It was a nice story, cute movie for when u are bored and want time to pass. 

hatching and flux gourmet were both terrible. eeeeeek

hope incantation gives the medium'd excellence :bird: 

21 minutes ago, mokitsu said:

hatching and flux gourmet were both terrible. eeeeeek

Wtf you didn't like Hatching? You are CANCELLED!

9 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

it's just another bland pseudo elevated metaphorical horror film :bird: it's been done before and better

terrible is a stretch tbh because i enjoyed some parts but it didn't come together for me at all :jonny:

17 hours ago, The Witch said:

Apparently Ms Netflix released a serve :WAP:

p22503994_v_v10_aa.jpg

shall we watch ladies? :duca: @Reverse Warholian @mellenthin @Leptine @SitarHero

Thank you for the heads up! Sometimes Netflix gets it right (Gerald's Game WHEW)

16 hours ago, mellenthin said:

Hatching was good for me! So I'm hoping I'll enjoy Flux Gourmet, a movie about *checks notes*....farting ASMR? :rip:

Still, Peter Strickland hasn't disappointed me before :jonnycat:

As much as I wanted to like Incantantion...

It simply was too disjointed. It had some great and somewhat unique ideas, and some scenes that were very well made. But at the end of the day that was it. It was hard to feel any type of connection to it because it all felt very shallow and "put-together", yet it tried its hardest to play on the viewer's heartstrings every now and then. It had a lot of potential but sadly fell flat for me.

I have a hard time giving it too low of a score though, even if I sound mostly negative, as it did have some very creative ideas and scenes that I liked. Maybe it's just my expectations' bias that leaves me feeling disappointed.

Edited by mellenthin

Does anyone here know the short film Kitchen Sink (1989)? I watched it a few days ago and thought it was absolutely amazing.

33 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

As much as I wanted to like Incantantion...

Reveal hidden contents

It simply was too disjointed. It had some great and somewhat unique ideas, and some scenes that were very well made. But at the end of the day that was it. It was hard to feel any type of connection to it because it all felt very shallow and "put-together", yet it tried its hardest to play on the viewer's heartstrings every now and then. It had a lot of potential but sadly fell flat for me.

I have a hard time giving it too low of a score though, even if I sound mostly negative, as it did have some very creative ideas and scenes that I liked. Maybe it's just my expectations' bias that leaves me feeling disappointed.

Yeah, overall, it's mid. But it has great scenes and the ending was a kiii :dies:

3/5 little witches for me

ezgif.com-resize-3.thumb.gif.9626b01a842

I don't think I posted about The Innocents.

I thought it was amazing, loved every minute of it. However, I felt like the ending was sort of a letdown. It felt like it was building up to something huge and then it just randomly ended. :deadbanana2: I understood the ending, but still kinda felt like it missed its momentum. Was kind of torn on what to rate it, but the rest of the movie was honestly amazing and I didn't want the ending (which wasn't bad per se) to reflect on the score too much. 

Gave it a 4/5.

Edited by mellenthin

Watcher was SO GOOD. Loved the Hitchcock vibes throughout. Maika is a STAR  :bird:

Definitely going into my 2022 trinity along with X and Scream :clap3:

Orphan: First Kill will save 2022 and establish Esther as the most important horror icon of our generation

1 hour ago, skankle said:

Orphan: First Kill will save 2022 and establish Esther as the most important horror icon of our generation

X already saved 2022 but you spilled about Legend Esther 

@Reverse Warholian

12 hours ago, mokitsu said:

Watcher was SO GOOD. Loved the Hitchcock vibes throughout. Maika is a STAR  :bird:

Definitely going into my 2022 trinity along with X and Scream :clap3:

the MaICON Monroe acclaim whew :clap3:

i really liked Incantation, it was serving Noroi: The Curse-lite. 

Black Phone was cute. it was ok.

i didn't read about it before seeing it but 2 minutes in, i knew this was from a Stephen King book. i was kinda right :gaycat1:

next up: She Will

41 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

the MaICON Monroe acclaim whew :clap3:

she was really great and gave one of the best performances of the year imo. she conveyed the growing discomfort and paranoia perfectly, her face just tells you everything you need to know.

i also want to give props to Chloe Okuno because i can't believe this is her full length directorial debut! the movie is just so full of style, she knew exactly what she wanted to do with this movie. it treads the line so perfectly between the serial killer being real or in her head and it left me on the edge throughout. and even with it being more atmospheric and a slow burn, it wasted no minutes. overall just a great experience :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.