Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

3 hours ago, hypnodemiluv said:

Imaginary was cute <3 

A "Spoonful of Scat" enjoyer will say this

• Haha 3

On 6/23/2024 at 1:16 PM, genetic fail said:

A "Spoonful of Scat" enjoyer will say this

FqUttRdWcAE3dZb?format=jpg&name=360x360

Is there any tea from the Maxxxine surprise advanced screenings? 

On 6/16/2024 at 7:26 PM, 305 said:

Tarot was so bad I couldn't even finish it :dies:

I cannot WAIT for Longlegs, it's giving Hereditary levels of iconic

The hype for Longlegs is so over the top at this point that I REFUSE to be sucked in! Has Nic Cage even been in anything good the last decade or so? :sad:

56 minutes ago, Legend ReX said:

The hype for Longlegs is so over the top at this point that I REFUSE to be sucked in! Has Nic Cage even been in anything good the last decade or so? :sad:

Yes he got awards buzz and praise for this movie.

locandina.jpg

6 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

I heard Halsey has Razzie buzz

• Haha 4

I Saw the TV Glow is definitely more narrative driven that World's Fair, so is step up for Jane. 
I also appreciate such vivid shots and imagery, especially 90s inspired overall outlook, which is convincing. However, I am both fine and conflicted on it being one big allegory. 

I expect Longlegs to be similar to movies Se7en, Silence of the Lambs and similar 90s police procedures scary thrillers and actually as scary as Sinister. It's giving mix of all those and hopefully it delivers. 

10 hours ago, Legend ReX said:

Well, there is diabolical Mandy, but he is starring as a killer in this, so we should see how he navigates. 

Digressing, but I find it pretty interesting how both Cage and Hawke, aka scream guys really when we look at their portfolios, have been starring as protagonists in horrors and thrillers, and they both are now killers with their latest movies ( The Black Phone, Longlegs ). 

i am really trying to contain my excitement with Longlegs, in case it follows the steps of basically every single horror film released this year so far (extremely disappointing and forgettable) but with the promotional material, its hard not to.

13 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Only that they had a good time watching it. Not more, not less. Honestly also thought that there would be more in-depth reviews coming out after the surprise screening. 

Is I saw the TV glow recommendable as a horror film? If anything the trailer gives more indie sci-fi teen drama to me

56 minutes ago, SmashingMiley said:

Is I saw the TV glow recommendable as a horror film? If anything the trailer gives more indie sci-fi teen drama to me

its more of a horror film in the sense that it (depending on how close you are to the topic) it could trigger a lot of negative and harrowing emotions. it definitely has disturbing and weird moments, but the horror comes from the inner turmoil of the main character. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched Midsommar recently and it was an amazing experience

Planning to watch Hereditary next and I'm very interested because my friend has been hyping it up like it's one of the best horrors of all time or something

MaXXXine and Longlegs this July in horror = Barbie and Oppenheimer in general last July. I think so. :sun:

watched stoptmotion, it was so good 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, illia said:

Watched Midsommar recently and it was an amazing experience

Planning to watch Hereditary next and I'm very interested because my friend has been hyping it up like it's one of the best horrors of all time or something

It's definitely one of the best! If you liked Midsommar, you're definitely going to like Hereditary.

I dont understand why longlegs is so hyped but like omg now im hyped too :duca:

13 hours ago, illia said:

That's because it is, enjoy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.