Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

tllWVwT.gif

dir. Stephen Cognetti

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 87% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.2/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.1/5

"A group of cold case investigators stay at the Carmichael Manor, site of the grisly and unsolved murders of the Carmichael family back in the eighties. After four nights, the group was never heard from again. What is discovered on their footage is even more disturbing than anything found on the Hell House tapes."

89 pts

Highest: #3 @Euterpe

Voters: @lillavend3r@Delirious@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@Jay L@ninasayers@killer_rose@The Witch

💩-Listers: @Johnny Cash@Walk_Away21

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

Swallowed would have been on my list had the whole movie had the same energy as its third act. :ducky:

But, oh my, not people disrespecting Influencer like this when it is another one that keeps improving on slasher formula and makes it fresh and actually interesting while seriously tackling with contemporary subjects. It made a cut at least, which is already enough if we take into consideration that we are about to see plenty of gore galore without focus on the list. s:wan:

• Like 1

I didn’t expect much from influencer but I was pleasantly surprised, beautiful location, twists and turns kept me engaged the whole time.

my friend hated the end but I liked it. Not a movie to overthink tho, the main underlying message is clear.

I have been meaning for to get into the hell house movies for ages now.

5 minutes ago, PixelStick said:

I have been meaning for to get into the hell house movies for ages now.

Unless found footage is something you are really into, this saga is a time waster. :cold1:

• Confused 1

Swallowed and Influencer counted towards last year? :'( I would have included them

29 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

tllWVwT.gif

dir. Stephen Cognetti

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 87% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 6.2/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 3.1/5

"A group of cold case investigators stay at the Carmichael Manor, site of the grisly and unsolved murders of the Carmichael family back in the eighties. After four nights, the group was never heard from again. What is discovered on their footage is even more disturbing than anything found on the Hell House tapes."

89 pts

Highest: #3 @Euterpe

Voters: @lillavend3r@Delirious@DEGUOM@rooby.booby@Jay L@ninasayers@killer_rose@The Witch

💩-Listers: @Johnny Cash@Walk_Away21

Not this making the Top 20 :biblio:

Influencer And Hell House out back to back wtf yall :penguin:

Go on Shudder, rewatch and repent please. both deserve higher on the rate

Ruph51K.gif

dir. Gigi Saul Guerrero, David Bruckner, Scott Derrickson, Natasha Kermani & Mike P. Nelson

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 74% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 5.6/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 2.8/5

"Unveiled through a made-for-TV documentary, five chilling tales of found footage horror emerge to take viewers on a gore-filled journey through the grim underbelly of the forgotten 1980s."

93 pts

Highest: #8 @rooby.booby

Voters: @Reverse Warholian@lillavend3r@Coldpurry@Lord Gaga@Delirious@DEGUOM@SmashingMiley@killer_rose@Roberto@Walk_Away21

💩-Lister: @Johnny Cash

• Like 4

Swallowed missing the top 20? This is my villain origin story. Gays stories matter!

Edit: nvm it's number 20, but it should have been higher. :chick3:

3 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

Ruph51K.gif

dir. Gigi Saul Guerrero, David Bruckner, Scott Derrickson, Natasha Kermani & Mike P. Nelson

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 74% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 5.6/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 2.8/5

"Unveiled through a made-for-TV documentary, five chilling tales of found footage horror emerge to take viewers on a gore-filled journey through the grim underbelly of the forgotten 1980s."

93 pts

Highest: #8 @rooby.booby

Voters: @Reverse Warholian@lillavend3r@Coldpurry@Lord Gaga@Delirious@DEGUOM@SmashingMiley@killer_rose@Roberto@Walk_Away21

💩-Lister: @Johnny Cash

Worst movie in the franchise since Viral.

I didn't knew Hell house had a new movie

VHS85 should be top 10

I usually don't enjoy these VHS movies, but this one at least consists of segments actually integrated between them, which makes it additionally interesting as opposed to its normal anthology vibe and has nice visual touch. I have contemplated including it in near the bottom of the list, but ultimately didn't feel compelling enough. 

Edited by Lemon

20 minutes ago, Johnny Cash said:

Swallowed and Influencer counted towards last year? :'( I would have included them

Not this making the Top 20 :biblio:

Was gonna shitlist it but there were too many bad movies to choose from :rip:

• Like 1

Swallowed kinda missed my radar tbh, didn’t know it was queer I might check it out :penguin: 

i remember the first VHS, I did like it but guess I was never really compelled to watch the sequels.

wQny75r.gif

dir. Michael Chaves

2019px-Rotten_Tomatoes.svg.png 52% 2560px-IMDB_Logo_2016.svg.png 5.6/10 letterboxd-mac-icon.png 2.3/5

"In 1956 France, a priest is violently murdered, and Sister Irene begins to investigate. She once again comes face-to-face with a powerful evil."

98 pts

Highest: #7 @SmashingMiley

Voters: @Reverse Warholian@lillavend3r@Coldpurry@Lord Gaga@DelRey@My.December@DEGUOM@PaloSanto@killer_rose@Roberto@Walk_Away21@The Witch

💩-Listers: @Delirious@Jay L@ninasayers

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

And that's it for today! Letterboxd list is also updated.

20. Swallowed

19. Influencer

18. Hell House LLC Origins: The Carmichael Manor

17. V/H/S/85

16. The Nun II

We're almost at the Top 10. Any guesses on which films will make it?
Sam-and-Tara-Scream-VI.gif?w=498&resize=498,281
One film was 💩-Listed to death and failed to make it. But which one? :keir:

Edited by genetic fail

The nun 2 lashes the original with that magazine and wine cellar scene alone. This list makes me realize I have no idea what happened in horror last year :jonnycat:

• Haha 1

The Nun 2 at 16...? Terrible taste. :bird:

• Thumbs Down 1

Those #20 and #19 flop movies higher than Beau Is Acclaimed. :redface:

• Like 1

Never watched the nun, I liked the conjuring but the bad reception made me avoid the nun.

idk how people feel about it but if my #1 missed the top ten ima be mad, the most shocking and disturbing horror in years. If you know you know.

also hope scream makes top 10 tho :ghostface:

When Evil Lurks, Evil Dead Rise and co. probably infesting the rest of the rate. :celestial5: 

51 minutes ago, Lemon said:

When Evil Lurks, Evil Dead Rise and co. probably infesting the rest of the rate. :celestial5: 

Rightfully so

e396865604a00a48ffff51efe58a9ff079595e20.gif

• Thanks 3

We might not agree on 'Screech' but I really like your graphic for the rate with the gifs of the movies @genetic fail

Exactly what I was hoping for that promised but never arrived 90s rate with high budget graphic @Reverse Warholian

• Like 5

haven’t seen Swallowed yet but i heard it’s ridiculous in the best way and also very gay so gonna finally see it

Influencer was such a nice surprise! I didn’t expect much but got like my favorite thriller of last year out of it. The ending just ******* slaps. 

• Like 1

wait i forgot about the new VHS even tho i kinda love the franchise :skull: 

The None II being so high really displays the overall quality of horror last year :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.