Anime/Manga

Kisuke

3 hours ago, Chiidish said:

Just came to say this. VOID FILLED 

First anime debut in a long time that truly feels like I just watched something special :msmarvel:

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dylangaga

• illia

• Chiidish

• Lee!!

Top Posters In This Topic

finished hikaru no go. it's...okay. super anticlimactic ending that felt like the writer just got bored and stopped. I can see why the last arc was never adapted.

also the main appeal of the series goes mia two-thirds in. and supporting characters tend to be only somewhat developed before they're dropped and forgotten.

started Vinland Saga the other day. it's great, didn't expect actual deep and complex intricacies to the story, themes and characters given the audience that it seems to get.

1 hour ago, Antisocialites said:

started Vinland Saga the other day. it's great, didn't expect actual deep and complex intricacies to the story, themes and characters given the audience that it seems to get.

there's a small subset of the shonen genre audience that genuinely enjoys depth. 

However you are correct most just watch anime to see mindless haphazard drivel carried by animation and flashy fight sequences. 

14 minutes ago, Chiidish said:

there's a small subset of the shonen genre audience that genuinely enjoys depth. 

However you are correct most just watch anime to see mindless haphazard drivel carried by animation and flashy fight sequences. 

VInland Saga is seinen though

1 hour ago, Chiidish said:

yeah, I'm kind of very judgemental when it comes to lots of hyped shounen shows ngl. my bad though cause VS is actually eating. :rip:

1 hour ago, illia said:

also yeah, but for some reason I always thought it was shounen.

shounen tier 1 - death note

Fullmetal alchemist

claymore

Dr stone

tier 2 - one piece

hxh

spy x family

haikyuu

bakuman

assassination classroom

a silent voice

tier 0 - d gray man

jujutsu kaisen

my hero academia

2 hours ago, illia said:

Yeah they were talking about the audience, Vinland popularity is largely driven by a shonen audience tbh. Season 2 is where that audience starts to drop off thankfully. 

@Dylangagayour day is today, go snatch that avi you deserve it!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chiidish said:

Yeah they were talking about the audience, Vinland popularity is largely driven by a shonen audience tbh. Season 2 is where that audience starts to drop off thankfully. 

@Dylangagayour day is today, go snatch that avi you deserve it!

Sis, I CANNOT WAIT!!! I'm gonna watch it later!:jonny::jonny::jonny:

H I M I K O  T O G A!!!!!!:jonny:

18 hours ago, Chiidish said:

Just came to say this. VOID FILLED 

So I watched it coz I saw the praise in here...

...I'm sorry but it seems like another trash shonen with a perv story for incels judging by the first episode? I mean a grandma ghost living in a school-boy's p*nis is enough to deter me from watching this sh*t ever again LOL:sick:

Also that school-girl was about to get r*ped and bred by aliens with metallic d*cks. Yeah I pass :sick:

Edited by katara

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

shounen tier 1 - death note

Fullmetal alchemist

claymore

Dr stone

tier 2 - one piece

hxh

spy x family

haikyuu

bakuman

assassination classroom

a silent voice

tier 0 - d gray man

jujutsu kaisen

my hero academia

WaiT not someone else recogonizing this masterpiece. I PRAY that we get a new adaptation that finishes off the story. 

1 hour ago, katara said:

...I'm sorry but it seems like another trash shonen with a perv story for incels judging by the first episode? I mean a grandma ghost living in a school-boy's p*nis is enough to deter me from watching this sh*t ever again LOL:sick:

Also that school-girl was about to get r*ped and bred by aliens with metallic d*cks. Yeah I pass :sick:

Omg I was gonna watch this today too but NO THANKS!:biblio:

1 hour ago, katara said:

...I get your reasons but trust me it happens only in the first chapter :gaycat6:

Dandadan has the same issue as Undead Unluck by having a pervy first chapter that can put off some people while the rest of the story is very much normal in comparison

Spoiler

But the penіs/balls aspect is present throughout the story but not in a pervy way like, at all

Edited by illia

MY HERO ACADEMIA :jonnyknife::jonnyknife::jonnyknife:

H I M I K O  T O G A

asmrthechew.gif

asmrthechew.gif

asmrthechew.gif

THAT WAS THE BEST EPISODE EVER!

asmrthechew.gif

WE GOT MORE TOGA STABBING OCHOKEONBLOOD SCENES!!

asmrthechew.gif

@Chiidish That was INCREDIBLE! I am so happy right now:jonnyknife:

Did they add the manga scenes that weren't shown before?

3 hours ago, Dylangaga said:

@Chiidish That was INCREDIBLE! I am so happy right now:jonnyknife:

Did they add the manga scenes that weren't shown before?

I don't think so (or remember what's exactly missing from MVA) but they certainly covered everything needed to complete the arcs :clap3: 

Himeko and Ochaco the peoples' princess :clap3:

• Thanks 1

I'm ready for Uzumaki Ep2.

Spiralize me Mr.Ito. YFTUWPb.gif

Spiralizer-GIF_480x480.gif?v=1689234764

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, katara said:

It's 10000% not a trash shonen, I needed to be sure so I picked up the manga and it's very much a found family story. The raunchiness was likely just a a quirky hook but from where I am (which is still early and introducing the main cast) all of that is not relevant to the core themes and messaging and drops off hard as more members are introduced. 

im a sucker for found family trope so if that's not your thing you might not care. 

Both the MCs are honestly a breath of fresh air so far. And Ken/Okarun remind me a lot of some of my favorite shonen MC (Gintoki/Hinata)

• Like 2

When I'm interested in a shonen I immediately pick up the manga to decide whether or not my time is gonna be wasted invested into it.

Demon Slayer (complete gutter trash)

JJK (waste of time)

MHA (complete story and high peaks)

CSM (some of the best arcs ever just sometimes very drawn out and extended payoff ala One Piece)

DanDanDan so far is fixing some of the problems I noticed with JJK, MHA, and CSM. It keeps a serious tone for the age demographic without going heavy Disney feeling like MHA did early on. It has REAL WRITING and CHARACTER ARCS unlike JJK and Demon slayer. And the pacing is not linear without being drawn out like CSM. 

I think goofiness and annoying tropes like pervy jokes are par for the course for the genre b it like I said it definitely drops off (like most other shonen also end up dropping it). Blame it on the editors, but I'd say at least follow the three episode rule before you write it off. 

• Like 2

• ATRL Administrator
2 hours ago, Canon said:

I'm ready for Uzumaki Ep2.

Spiralize me Mr.Ito. YFTUWPb.gif

Spiralizer-GIF_480x480.gif?v=1689234764

Make sure you stay through the credits!

Erm, did the budget run out because the fidelity so far on this episode is just kinda average when compared to the beauty of the first one. :redface:

The snails

tongue-****ing each other

CT9F.gif

The hair off:dies:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Antisocialites said:

Have you reached season 2 yet? I'm not enjoying it at ALL so far and barely getting through the episodes

9iAVwLS.gif

Omg the preview for Uzumaki next week! OH HELL NO!

CT9F.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.