Anime/Manga

Kisuke

8 hours ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

i wanna start with anime please give me some good recs (a lot, please)

What genres do you like most?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dylangaga

• illia

• Chiidish

• Lee!!

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, illia said:

What genres do you like most?

i have seen jjk, demon slayer, attack on titan, i like that genre

i also like some kinda horror

and ofc some gays like sailor moon or banana fish.

10 minutes ago, goverm3nth0ker said:

i have seen jjk, demon slayer, attack on titan, i like that genre

i also like some kinda horror

and ofc some gays like sailor moon or banana fish.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, My Hero Academia, Chainsaw Man, Dororo, Promised Neverland (season 1), Dandadan (out on October)

If you're not scared of long shows - Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, Hunter x Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball

As for horror, Devilman Crybaby is a must, also Parasyte, Tokyo Ghoul (season 1), Monster (more of a psychological horror-thriller rather than actual horror), Death Note (same as Monster)

• Like 1

Started watching Jujutsu Kaizen! On Episode 6, loving it so far. Gojo is a legend. :gayriahcat1:

Favourite Anime/Manga: Bleach

• ATRL Administrator

Uzumaki is almost here!

92f046565ffdc87dda9bf15804cec4418111f1ba

I've seen the first episode but can't say more yet!

Finished Yu Yu Hakusho

I was kinda iffy and bored at the beginning of the series but Dark Tournament and the Sensui arcs were absolutely peak :jonny5: Like whew the fights, the stakes, the character moments, the deaths, the antagonists were just perfect. The last arc had so much potential and overall it was good, but I think it could've been even better if it was 30-40 episodes longer - the worldbuilding and some characters felt underdeveloped and rushed

Also loved the main cast and their interactions

Among Togashi's works, It's cute next to gorgeous (HxH) but it's not like I expected HxH to be topped

giphy.gif

Edited by illia
  • Thanks 1

I actually think the begining of yuyu is the best part because it's the most atypical for a shounen. then the rest of it is very typical. 

watching jobless reincarnation

they took pics of him naked back in school? :deadbanana4:

gdkfhbd they tied him up to the gate :bibliahh: where was the faculty and staff :rip: 

no wonder this show was popular :suburban:

Jujutsu Kaisen is supposedly ending with next chapter. But Idk it's giving me a weird feeling. The latest chapters don't feel like closing the story. Gege must be saving something for the grand finale. Either a big twist or a second part (with new main character? new setting?).

Edited by thatsmydemi

finished Dr stone. great cast of characters, though some of them fade to the background from the cast being so big. makes you feel smart reading it, tho almost all of the science they do is not replicable by normal ppl. 

felt weird after getting through volume 100 of case closed, cuz about 90% of CC doesn't do anything for the main plot/characters' development.

While Dr Stone rarely if ever has a chapter that's just...there. 

Not sure if I love the ending but it works for the series. So does the plot armor. 

rough top 10 Senku

Gen

Chrome

Kohaku

Ryusui 

Suika

Byakuya

Kaseki

Tsukasa

Amaryllis

JJK's final chapter was so anticlimactic. It didn't feel like a final chapter at all. :confused: 

• Like 1

I just know this is going to be peak magical girl drama. 

I cannot wait to see it. I fear that if they delay it again, I will turn into a witch. 

JJK fandom getting karma for trying to make fun of MHA ending only for them to suffer a worse fate ahhhhh I had to laugh. Gege is THEEEEE biggest JJK hater mind you. 

I really win in the end because at least I got Godbara back. Gojo stans in shambles

:clack:

• Haha 3

Caught up on the last 10 volumes this week. Jjk def bottom ten percent of series I've consumed. Peaked with volume zero.

Academia is bottom three percent though.

Started love is war, it's fun so far.

Gege clearly hates the manga :toofunny2: 

Reddit:

It's funny because it's clear that the Shibuya Incident arc was supposed to be Gege wiping the slate clean so that he could write what he wanted uninhibited by things like Gojo (overpowered) and Nobara (who he supposedly initially didn't want to include, but the editors suggested a female character in the main group) and then once the Culling Game started the series just completely fell on its ass because it needed Gojo and Nobara (and all of the other characters Gege just didn't include until the final battle).

And just like that, the "newgen big 3" (DS, MHA, JJK) is officially over... Among the big hitters, only Black Clover (in its final arc right now) and Chainsaw Man are still standing

Now that all three of the "new gen big 3" are over can safely say MHA was the best of those 3, in writing/overall story, and in art. Will likely be the only one talked about in 5-10 years time. 

DanDanDan coming to completely wipe out JJK's legacy btw.

CSM will also make a comeback (Queen Rene is coming and then we can get into an actually well written shonen show with death and gore).

Spoiler

and then we have to watch it fall off again and wait for a while before it picks back up

• Like 2

MHA>>>>>JJK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS

Edited by Dylangaga
  • Thanks 1

As much as I love JJK...

Demon Slayer > My Hero Academia > Jujutsu Kaisen

Gege ruined JJK. It had the biggest potential of them all but it was all ruined by his poor and stupid decisions. He could've milked the **** out of this show for many seasons and the whole thing became Sukuna's show. No character development besides Yuji (and Maki). Underused and completely wasted characters (Megumi, Nobara and basically everyone else tbfh)... 

Nobara is the only good thing to come out of this. Fave female character ever. :heart2: 

• ATRL Administrator

Uzumaki premieres this weekend! It is stunning, haunting and so worth the wait! I'm still thinking about it days after watching!!

For reference none of these are even in my top 15, not even sure if MHA clears top 20 but

MHA > JJK > DS for me.

DS doesn't even have somewhat of an ensemble cast that I can get behind like JJK. All DS has is Godnobu (which is a lot to be fair). 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, illia said:

And just like that, the "newgen big 3" (DS, MHA, JJK) is officially over... Among the big hitters, only Black Clover (in its final arc right now) and Chainsaw Man are still standing

Meanwhile, Luffy and Conan sailed past 100 volumes and have plenty of life remaining 

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Meanwhile, Luffy and Conan sailed past 100 volumes and have plenty of life remaining 

Yeah One Piece is in a whole different league right now

Not really familiar with Detective Conan but good for ha :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.