STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Pokéthread

Mimie

16 hours ago, Suilen said:

I'm playing Pokemon Y for the first time (Conquest was the last Pokemon game I finished, but I played a bit of Sun/Moon and Scarlet/Violet and only paused the latter for the sake of the upcoming Gen 6 rate). I originally wanted to post my initial impressions after I get past the second Gym, but it's taking forever to reach that due to all that Mega Evolution plot, so the cut-off point is Route 8 before the Glittering Cave. Some of the things have probably been discussed to death, but it was still all new to me, and I wasn't really involved in the discourse (except for being aware of the fact that many fans despise the games):

Hide contents

-Whatever happened in the mid 2010s that we started getting all those friends/companions (it kinda reminded me of SMTIV Apocalypse)? But I suppose they have those semblances of a personality, so it's fine. 

-At first I was pissed at the number of early Gen mons that was seemingly bigger than the new ones, but eventually I got over it, and how else are you supposed to catch them all? Not every region can be Unova. I do find it annoying that due to the abundance of Pokemon it's very hard to encounter some when you have like 10 of them in one place, especially if they only appear there (I don't remember that being an issue in earlier games?). I practically gave up on those I don't particularly care about, although I do want to catch as many as possible. I also have to admit that it's very easy to go broke with this mindset.

-I almost regretted choosing Fennekin as my starter (and I can't resist a mage/witch) as you encounter plenty of Fire-types in the early game like the Fletchling line and Litleo while for the Water-type you have Azurill that takes centuries to evolve and :psyduck:, and for Grass... Budew (that has the same issue as Azurill) and Oddish, I guess? And why isn't Flabebe half-grass? Well, its weaknesses would be through the roof, but still. Anyway, the situation eventually evens out, and you get a Kanto starter, but I feel like I was in the trenches for some time.

-Yeah, picking a Kanto starter was a pleasant surprise, though they did it to push those Mega Evos and not out of the kindness of their heart as far as I can tell?

-Pokemon hordes are an interesting concept, and I correctly guessed that you could catch the last one standing, but the one with Plusle and Minum? That was hell, no wonder they tanked in the Hoenn rate.

-The roller skates... In short, not a fan. Bikes/running shoes/whatever they were supposed to replace > 

-The whole customization/fashion aspect doesn't impress me, either. I understand that it was arguably the game's selling point, but meh. They should go all out with Switch 2 games when your character is in full fidelity instead of a bunch of barely visible pixels, though.

-The Fairy-type... I guess I don't mind it because it makes sense for some mons, and I'm already used to it due to frequently reading Bulbapedia all those years while not playing the actual games. I haven't memorized the weaknesses yet, though.

-I know that there was outrage over the Exp. Share, but I personally don't think it's that detrimental to the ~difficulty~. It was rather useful early, but then I turned it off. Those perks you get while using Pokemon-Amie seem like a bigger offended to me in that department, and that's why I'm not touching that thing (maybe only for Sylveon, just to complete my collection, mind you - I don't think a Fairy-type is making it into my final team).

-The new mons so far seem ok to me, but I'll save that for the rate. Funnily enough, I thought that Honedge from Gen 5 for some reason (no offense to it, I have one in my team for now, predicted Sword and Shield and stuff). 

-Overall, I'd say I'm having a good time despite my nitpicks, although I did have a better time with other games at that point. And I'm trying to have an open mind, too. Well, we'll see how it goes, the next update will probably be after I beat at least 3 more Gym Leaders. The Mega Evo plot isn't that intriguing (partially because I've seen them all, partially because it's overstaying its welcome), that's for sure. Apparently I'm meeting Team Flare next, maybe they'll provide some excitement. 

Enjoy! Gen 6 is a treasure :heart:

• Like 1

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

20 hours ago, Subomie said:

Johto being such an easy region is good cus it lets you use a lotta shitmons :heart: Me taking Corsola and Magcargo to the E4 that one time... :smitten:

You can't even get Slugma before the E4 why lie?

:clack:

20 minutes ago, Gourgeist said:

You can't even get Slugma before the E4 why lie?

:clack:

Guess you're not a real fan... </3

EmNA8wlWMAAQniM.png

Do you think we're getting a new msg in Q4 next year? Which means that we're only a few months away from the new starters reveal?? Isn't that the usual pattern and build-up to a new gen?

I've switched like the *** I am on Miraidon, he's so fun to use in competitive and the design grewn up on me :jonnycat:

Posted (edited)

playing through one my platinums after injecting my end game team in it 

omg why this so hard :psyduck: why is purugly so broken :psyduck: 

larvitar you suck! 

Edited by Katamari

So seasons ended up being a Gen 5 thing only, huh? Poor indie company Game Freak.

g4fjj23.gif

• Like 2

They should've kept evolution like this, but they said kid friendly only :clack: I wanted to see a Pikachu Orochimaru vomit a Raichu out of its mouth.

d717jmy-6383da68-449a-4b8b-8069-df86f15fOJ7CSky.jpeg

• Haha 4

Spent a good 40 minutes in the wayward cave :rip: 

the one time I forget to buy repels :deadbanana:

mira flop

So Khu pretty much confirmed that gen 10 will be coming in 2026 for the Pokemon 30th anniversary, we will get the PLZA starters this year and PLZA is releasing later in 2025 not early like PLA

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

95 / 70 / 100 / 90 / 100 / 80

If all the starters had 535 bst 

look at how meganium ate that :jonny5:

Edited by Katamari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

soulsilver has arrived :jonny5: 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Magickarp said:

https://victoryroadvgc.com/2024-bogota/

https://victoryroadvgc.com/2024-stockholm/

Not a singlecalyrex-shadow.pngzacian-crowned.pngin both T8's, but multiplezamazenta-crowned.pngoh time, the...

Imagine being told in G8 that Zamazenta would not only surpass Zacian in G9, but also become the #1 most used restricted :rip:

GNXlL0QXQAAJ6cL?format=jpg&name=large

Zamazenta is loved?? I thought everyone hated him? :rip: 

is he good in battles or something? 

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

Zamazenta is loved?? I thought everyone hated him? :rip: 

is he good in battles or something? 

He's amazing in doubles this gen because it can learn Body Press now, a mon with 140 def and a free boost the first turn it enters to battle so yeah, he's really good.

13 hours ago, Magickarp said:

https://victoryroadvgc.com/2024-bogota/

https://victoryroadvgc.com/2024-stockholm/

Not a singlecalyrex-shadow.pngzacian-crowned.pngin both T8's, but multiplezamazenta-crowned.pngoh time, the...

Imagine being told in G8 that Zamazenta would not only surpass Zacian in G9, but also become the #1 most used restricted :rip:

GNXlL0QXQAAJ6cL?format=jpg&name=large

And honestly I understand why, if you let that fucker more than 1 turn in, it will snowball and unless you have haze or force it out with roar, you're basically losing the game. I faced 4 Zamazentas yesterday in a row to the point I had to teach my Chien Pao "Haze" (Nothing else in my team can learn it) cuz I kept losing to it :rip: 

Edited by UnusualBoy

Milotic's WWE Theme Song

Does anyone have the historic Gen V all stars rate?  The world needs it to have been archived 

gholdengo.pngFidough

dugtrio.pngMoltres

blastoise.pngToucannon

sunkern.pngWimpod

silvally.pngLuvdisc

probopass.pngRapidash

Pokémon SoulSilver | Logopedia | Fandom powered by Wikia

VS Eco.pngImagen de Meganium macho en Pokémon Oro HeartGold y Plata SoulSilverImagen de Vaporeon macho o hembra en Pokémon Oro HeartGold y Plata SoulSilverImagen de Xatu macho en Pokémon Oro HeartGold y Plata SoulSilverImagen de Wigglytuff macho o hembra en Pokémon Oro HeartGold y Plata SoulSilverImagen de Pupitar macho o hembra en Pokémon Oro HeartGold y Plata SoulSilverImagen de Hitmonchan macho en Pokémon Oro HeartGold y Plata SoulSilver

Update

- Got rid of Nidoking. His moveset this gen was pretty mediocre. Tyranitar can do what he does and better. 

- Levelled up my Jigglypuff to level 45 because of Hyper Voice. She's amazing :jonny: 

- Elite 4 next! 

• Like 3

80px-Menu_HOME_0461.png80px-Menu_HOME_0392.png80px-Menu_HOME_0468.png80px-Menu_HOME_0474.png80px-Menu_HOME_0395.png80px-Menu_HOME_0470.png

my current team in Renegade Platinum heading into Volkner, Weavile is high-key dragging us down

• Like 2

Someone used a walk through walls glitch & found Lava by the Kalos Power Plant.

The fact so little people cared that it took ELEVEN years to finally get this footage :rip:

https://files.catbox.moe/rxf7l4.mp4

I don't think there was even a single Lava texture used in Kalos

• Like 1

Ambipom's WWE Theme Song

On 5/20/2024 at 4:51 AM, Magickarp said:

Someone used a walk through walls glitch & found Lava by the Kalos Power Plant.

The fact so little people cared that it took ELEVEN years to finally get this footage :rip:

https://files.catbox.moe/rxf7l4.mp4

I don't think there was even a single Lava texture used in Kalos

Everyone was too busy enjoying the goated online system

Posted (edited)

The pokewalker is basically a mobile game with gacha mechanics but you can't buy any watts

:suburban:

My Hg was a fake so I can't start ss until the other arrives :redface: It even said new smh :redface:

kind of funny I have done play through of  D P and 2 plays but ZERO bdsp :redface:

Edited by Katamari

Me encountering yet ANOTHER double team / bright powder abuser in the battle tower

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.