Pokéthread

Mimie

3 hours ago, JonginBey said:

I don’t expect the writers to keep the new characters around for more than just this generation. Not because I think it will flop but because Sprigatito does not have Pikachu’s staying power in order to travel with Liko for multiple generations. So either they’re going to do away with having a multi-generational mascot/starter like Pikachu, or Liko and Roy will be another Goh situation and get switched OUT next generation.

They will probably pull a Digimon and debut new protagonists every new generation. I'm fine with this because I don't really see these characters having the staying power of Ash and Pikachu, and also because I doubt they will keep the same two characters (Liko and Roy) for 20 years lol. There is no point unless they become some sort of a phenomenon like Ash and Pikachu, which they won't. Besides, Pikachu isn't being replaced anytime soon. They will probably debut a new Pikachu with each generation (Ash's Pikachu, Captain Pikachu...), I wouldn't be surprised if we got another protagonist with a new Pikachu at some point - I can already see them coming up with a protagonist who looks up to Ash and is trying to be as good as him. 

To be honest, I wish they followed the story of Paldea. I don't understand why they aren't doing it. With the three different routes, the anime could be quite good. 

They have now green light to give us good anime based on the games' protagonists like that HeartGold/SoulSilver spin-off, although I don't see this happening sadly. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magickarp

• UnusualBoy

• thatsmydemi

• TaggedGalaxy

What we really needed was longer episodes of Pokemon Generations or Evolution, and each gen would represent a season. I don’t think any pokefan would be opposed to this. Regardless I’m curious about the new anime I think it might have potential, though I’m curious to see how long these characters will last. 

OT: Meowscat is a hag, Gholdengod talent and acclaimed 

spacer.png

The way Queen is STILL the hot topic of conversation while the other two are forgotten :jonnycat:

879d71b5e8b88e541e288d0f5b37337d6209cc55.jpg

spacer.png

is it time for a Gen 9 rate so we can put this ugly cat in its place?

Meow serves tuxedo mask so I stan 

Gholdengo and her luscious locks are also a slay so I stan

Theres really no atrocities in Gen 9 unlike the horror show that was Gen 8

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, Flexus said:

spacer.png

If Paladaddy isn’t top 10 then we can just throw out the rate now

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Meow serves tuxedo mask so I stan 

Gholdengo and her luscious locks are also a slay so I stan

Theres really no atrocities in Gen 9 unlike the horror show that was Gen 8

spacer.png

If Paladaddy isn’t top 10 then we can just throw out the rate now

spacer.png

Idk. Gen 9 had some shitty designs. The whole Nacli line, walking wake, iron (whatever the hell virizion was called), the diglett/dugtrio ripoff, dundunsparce, etc. don’t get me wrong, it was an improvement but not by much. 

Why is it when u get hit with Cold Water, your ATK drops; but when your get Frostbite, your SPA drops

spacer.png

11 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

Idk. Gen 9 had some shitty designs. The whole Nacli line, walking wake, iron (whatever the hell virizion was called), the diglett/dugtrio ripoff, dundunsparce, etc. don’t get me wrong, it was an improvement but not by much. 

Garganacci and Walking Slay are talent icon so keep it cute. I agree with the rest.

17 hours ago, Flexus said:

spacer.png

I think we should wait until the DLCs are out so we include the atrocious new pokemon from the first DLC.

Meowslayrada is a lot better than Inceleroar …. thinking otherwise is meth mentality/behavior

honestly the c*nty femme starter trio of Delphox, Primarina and Meowscarada ….. gag. the coverage !!! the beauty !!! the utility !!! all the other ugly masc starters couldn’t form a hot adjacent boyband or trio so perfectly

and let’s also, separately, just point out the obvious: the Gen 8 starters are objectively the worst starter trio ever. a gorilla with a drum, a soccer rabbit and a lizard with an ED ???? that’s …….. it’s just not the tea. and the nerve of them being monotype …. gen 2 outsold !

21 hours ago, Flexus said:

spacer.png

Afgjdkldlslslsld :rip: Now, i won‘t be able to unsee this :gaycat7:

Poketuber content is literally so cancerous and corny I cannot stand it, ESPECIALLY the shiny hunting ones. I blame aDrive for spearheading this pandemic. The girls are making shiny hunting “challenge” videos like SV doesn’t give them to you for free. And every single time someone makes a new video about a rom hack everyone and their mother scrambles to make the exact same type of video to capitalize on views. And then the streamers who don’t even care about pokemon are making videos acting like they’re experts on the franchise when they haven’t even touched a game prior to to platinum. And people just eat it up, millions of views I just don’t get it.

Maybe I’m just salty as a full odds shiny hunter, and maybe I’m just being a hater, but pokemon deserves better quality video content made about them!:mad: Anyways False swipe gaming you will always be famous

spacer.png

mono fire Charizard in ADV is so fun

ugh what a legend what a MOMENT

BadLightDobermanpinscher-max-1mb.gif

On 3/28/2023 at 1:42 PM, WitnessOblivia said:

Meowscarada is truly a great design! Much better than the worst design of gen 9, yes, it's still Gholdengo! 

Also, stop expecting anything from the Pokémon anime, they'll never make it truly good (they almost succeeded with XYZ though)

wasnt that season dragged too

see this why we cant have nice things

12 hours ago, qurl said:

Meowslayrada is a lot better than Inceleroar …. thinking otherwise is meth mentality/behavior

honestly the c*nty femme starter trio of Delphox, Primarina and Meowscarada ….. gag. the coverage !!! the beauty !!! the utility !!! all the other ugly masc starters couldn’t form a hot adjacent boyband or trio so perfectly

and let’s also, separately, just point out the obvious: the Gen 8 starters are objectively the worst starter trio ever. a gorilla with a drum, a soccer rabbit and a lizard with an ED ???? that’s …….. it’s just not the tea. and the nerve of them being monotype …. gen 2 outsold !

You SPILLED :clap3:

2 hours ago, Katamari said:

wasnt that season dragged too

see this why we cant have nice things

I thought it was universally loved? 

Well, it's better than Journeys that's for sure

14 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

I think we should wait until the DLCs are out so we include the atrocious new pokemon from the first DLC.

Oh fair point, I kinda forgot they were dropping more after they randomly gave us walking wake and the other one :rip:

the turtle won’t be out for a while though right, she’s the only one I care about atm, not sure if we’ve had any reliable tea about new mons? I remember a “leak” a few weeks back but it looked kinda fake

14 hours ago, qurl said:

Meowslayrada is a lot better than Inceleroar

And Hitler was better than Mao Zedong 

6 hours ago, Magickarp said:

And Hitler was better than Mao Zedong 

YOU would think that. can’t be surprised

spacer.png

18 hours ago, SashaDevachelli said:

Poketuber content is literally so cancerous and corny I cannot stand it, ESPECIALLY the shiny hunting ones. I blame aDrive for spearheading this pandemic. The girls are making shiny hunting “challenge” videos like SV doesn’t give them to you for free. And every single time someone makes a new video about a rom hack everyone and their mother scrambles to make the exact same type of video to capitalize on views. And then the streamers who don’t even care about pokemon are making videos acting like they’re experts on the franchise when they haven’t even touched a game prior to to platinum. And people just eat it up, millions of views I just don’t get it.

Maybe I’m just salty as a full odds shiny hunter, and maybe I’m just being a hater, but pokemon deserves better quality video content made about them!:mad: Anyways False swipe gaming you will always be famous

spacer.png

I agree, in this gen getting a shiny isn’t a huge accomplishment anymore since it’s so easy with the sandwiches. I love that is easy but it’s not the same joy as when I hatched a shiny in SwSh or doing SOS chaining in USUM.

Maybe unpopular opinion but shiny hunting has become funnier now that is easier. No one wants to spend 2847747281 hours trying to get a shiny. Or even worse, hatching eggs for days to get one (this method has become more difficult with the awful breeding mechanics of this gen).

There is a reason everybody was obsessed with shiny hunting in Let's Go or Arceus and that was because they made it easier and less tedious. 

As for SV, sandwiches aren't even that effective? there have been times in which I haven't even found a shiny after using sandwiches lol. Maybe I'm just unlucky. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

34 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Maybe unpopular opinion but shiny hunting has become funnier now that is easier. No one wants to spend 2847747281 hours trying to get a shiny. Or even worse, hatching eggs for days to get one (this method has become more difficult with the awful breeding mechanics of this gen).

There is a reason everybody was obsessed with shiny hunting in Let's Go or Arceus and that was because they made it easier and less tedious. 

As for SV, sandwiches aren't even that effective? there have been times in which I haven't even found a shiny after using sandwiches lol. Maybe I'm just unlucky. 

Agreed. I can’t even be bothered to do the half hour sandwich method some times if it doesn’t pay off. 

9 hours ago, qurl said:

YOU would think that. can’t be surprised

spacer.png

Where is this gif FROM?

Pokemon Unite added Goodra a couple of weeks and I'm loving it! Such a tank.

I've always liked Goodra, shame the sis suffer from its typing and those abilities. If they could only give it recover or any recovering move maybe eve change one of its abilities to regenerator, it'd be so so good.

2 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

Pokemon Unite added Goodra a couple of weeks and I'm loving it! Such a tank.

I've always liked Goodra, shame the sis suffer from its typing and those abilities. If they could only give it recover or any recovering move maybe eve change one of its abilities to regenerator, it'd be so so good.

I love Goodra too! Such a fun kit. I wasn’t a fan of the mon itself until a couple years ago, but it’s actually such a cutie and the Hisuian forme is even better.

Really looking forward to the next few Pokémon getting added, especially since some are my faves :duca:

Samurott raid is live. Anyone have some suggested builds to use? I’m going with Walking Wake personally. 

How do we feel about Wolfey? I saw some slander in here about him but I kind of stay perched for his videos. One of the few charismatic PokeTubers.

I also love me some False Swipe Gaming, Freezai and Jimothy Cool for competitive content.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.