Boys Love

JonginBey

CDN media

GMMTV Marketing department

CDN media

AouBoom

CDN media

Pakin serving straight energy with those tattered clothes.

CDN media

Euro, from My Precious, Fish Upon The Sky and 23.5

• Replies 21.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• Genius1111

• Nebur

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

only boo has been constantly good, the pacing was nearly perfect, i'm sure there will be some drama near the end hope it don't drag it down

r/GMMTV - Gmmtv announces that Chimon has withdrawn from Fanday event on June 29 in Japan for health reasons

He seems really sick. Perfect 10 Liners was supposed to be the first of the Part 2 shows to start filming but it looks like it will be delayed. The same for High School Frenemy and Nani.

Looks like they may need to release that lame OffGun intern drama sooner than later.

r/GMMTV - My Love Mix-Up! 🇹🇭📝 Character Posters

Y'all better support Aungpao when MLMU premieres. Aungpao was lowkey the best actor in that mid drama Cooking Flop.

• Like 1

This doesn't apply to GMMTV only, but I am honestly surprised no Asian production house has tried to do a remake of Frier Fall (Free Fall), which is honestly not too different from what they have been pushing.

Free Fall (2013 film) - Wikipedia

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Some things to think about is the fact that these guys are actors, their characters are the same age, and what you see on film isn't what is happening in real life.

If you check out Mac's MDL page you will see the guy is a professional actor. He isn't some young man in his first role. His MDL page is longer than the majority of most popular BL actors. While many are supporting and guest roles there are alot of them going as far back to 2013. This isn't his first acting job or even his 20th. He will have gone through the Thai workshops as well, where they prepare the actors to work together. To say he can't play a romantic role just because he is 16 is rather condescending, to say the least.

Whatever August age is whether it is 26 or 16 shouldn't matter because they are actors. They aren't the ones in love but their characters. It is ridiculous many Thai shows cast actors closer to thirty than twenty in high school role but when looking at the poster I myself can't tell there is a big age gap between the actors. They do look good together IMO 🤷‍♂️ They way they look and act together is a great deal more important than what their ages are.

We also don't know what the heat level is in this show. From the trailer, they have changed Mac's character alot from the original which is an issue for some. But even if this show does have kissing/NCs it is very important to keep in mind what you see on film isn't exactly what is happening in real life. They are surrounded by dozens of people and most scenes aren't filmed in one go. There are starts and stops and directors put them in certain positions and tell them what to do. They don't just put the actors in a room and tell them to go at it. There is nothing sexy or romantic about filming a NC in BL.

I've always found it strange that people will be appalled at asking a young actor to kiss but then be fine watching shows that have a 6 yr old being abused on screen, or something like The Exorcist where the actor is cursing, swearing, smoking and more but have no trouble with that. The entertainment industry as a whole puts younger actors in scenes that are questionable all the time but only when it involves a hint of sexuality do people flip out completely.

Mac I'm sure is more mature than an average teenager having been in the entertainment industry for as long as he has. This is part of the profession that he has been working hard at for a long time and anything that he is asked to do will be part of the script that his manager and or parents and himself approve of.

_____

Of course, if it is similar to the toxic work situation that we heard about going on in BOC, then it's definitely a huge problem.

Edited by Genius1111
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

CDN media  

Gu Hai and Bai Luo Yin honestly do not look somewhere between 16 and 18 to me.

Timmy Xu is simultaneously cute and hot. He reminds me of my fave Mandpop singer Wilber Pan.

Edited by Genius1111

r/ThaiBL - Another one calling out their antis and to touch grass: Noeul

I never cared for Noeul (and Rain was basically the even more idiotic version of 2gether's Tine) but NGL, Noeul delivered the perfect response! :clap3:

45 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

Some things to think about is the fact that these guys are actors, their characters are the same age, and what you see on film isn't what is happening in real life.

If you check out Mac's MDL page you will see the guy is a professional actor. He isn't some young man in his first role. His MDL page is longer than the majority of most popular BL actors. While many are supporting and guest roles there are alot of them going as far back to 2013. This isn't his first acting job or even his 20th. He will have gone through the Thai workshops as well, where they prepare the actors to work together. To say he can't play a romantic role just because he is 16 is rather condescending, to say the least.

Whatever August age is whether it is 26 or 16 shouldn't matter because they are actors. They aren't the ones in love but their characters. It is ridiculous many Thai shows cast actors closer to thirty than twenty in high school role but when looking at the poster I myself can't tell there is a big age gap between the actors. They do look good together IMO 🤷‍♂️ They way they look and act together is a great deal more important than what their ages are.

We also don't know what the heat level is in this show. From the trailer, they have changed Mac's character alot from the original which is an issue for some. But even if this show does have kissing/NCs it is very important to keep in mind what you see on film isn't exactly what is happening in real life. They are surrounded by dozens of people and most scenes aren't filmed in one go. There are starts and stops and directors put them in certain positions and tell them what to do. They don't just put the actors in a room and tell them to go at it. There is nothing sexy or romantic about filming a NC in BL.

I've always found it strange that people will be appalled at asking a young actor to kiss but then be fine watching shows that have a 6 yr old being abused on screen, or something like The Exorcist where the actor is cursing, swearing, smoking and more but have no trouble with that. The entertainment industry as a whole puts younger actors in scenes that are questionable all the time but only when it involves a hint of sexuality do people flip out completely.

Mac I'm sure is more mature than an average teenager having been in the entertainment industry for as long as he has. This is part of the profession that he has been working hard at for a long time and anything that he is asked to do will be part of the script that his manager and or parents and himself approve of.

_____

Of course, if it is similar to the toxic work situation that we heard about going on in BOC, then it's definitely a huge problem.

32 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

CDN media  

Timmy Xu is simultaneously cute and hot. He reminds me of my fave Mandpop singer Wilber Pan.

but they are JUST AS THE BOOK description, there is no more perfect cast.

the verdict is love, your honor

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

CDN media  

I agree, idc about the book at all, never read it

I'm still salty about anything Stay with ME! related cause of the awful PERMANENT cliffhanger but it truly was an improvement (for me personally) in every single aspect until that "ending" :biblionny: It kinda rendered the original obsolete for me although there are still some cute/hot moments that are good for a throwback :mandown:

But time heals all wounds and I'm slowly starting to un-disown it :mandown: though I never unfollowed Brian (Xu Bin) on IG :WAP:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 12:02 PM, Genius1111 said:

r/GMMTV - Ranking of GMMTV BLs views per episode on YouTube

Title Eps Views per Episode Total Views Upload date of Ep1 Elapsed Months
1 2gether 13 67.5M 877.5M 2020/02/21 51
2 Still 2gether 5 47.6M 238.2M 2020/08/14 45
3 Theory of Love 12 28.3M 340.5M 2019/06/01 59
4 SOTUS 15 27.9M 419.3M 2016/09/19 92
5 Bad Buddy 12 27.6M 332.2M 2021/10/29 30
6 Dark Blue Kiss 12 23.3M 279.6M 2019/10/12 55
7 Star In My Mind 8 18.3M 146.7M 2022/04/08 25
8 Fish upon the sky 12 18.1M 217.2M 2021/04/09 37
9 Sotus S 13 18.0M 235.1M 2018/01/08 76
10 1000stars 10 15.8M 158.3M 2021/01/29 39
11 Tonhon Chonlatee 10 12.7M 127.8M 2020/11/13 42
12 My School President 12 12.3M 147.8M 2022/12/02 17
13 The Eclipse 12 11.7M 141.4M 2022/08/12 21
14 Only Friends 12 11.5M 139.0M 2023/08/12 9
15 Not Me 14 10.6M 148.4M 2021/12/12 29
16 Waterboyy 14 10.4M 146.6M 2017/05/09 84
17 A Boss and a Babe 12 10.2M 122.6M 2023/03/03 14
18 Never Let Me Go 12 9.5M 114.8M 2022/12/13 17
19 Hidden Agenda 12 8.2M 99.5M 2023/07/09 10
20 Sky In Your Heart 8 8.2M 66.2M 2022/06/03 23
21 Cause You're My Boy 12 7.4M 89.5M 2018/07/20 70
22 Vice Versa 12 7.3M 88.6M 2022/07/16 22
23 Moonlight Chicken 8 7.3M 59.0M 2023/02/08 15
24 Dangerous Romance 12 6.9M 83.7M 2023/08/18 9
25 Last Twilight 12 5.9M 71.4M 2023/11/10 6
26 Enchanté 10 5.6M 56.6M 2022/01/28 27
27 Cupid's Last Wish 10 4.6M 46.7M 2022/03/27 25
28 Be My Favorite 12 3.6M 43.3M 2023/05/26 11
29 He's Coming To Me 8 3.4M 27.5M 2020/11/14 42
30 Cooking Crush 12 3.0M 36.4M 2023/11/26 5
31 My Gear And Your Gown 12 1.8M 21.8M 2020/09/16 44

Only Fans being in the top 15 and it has only been 9 months. Bosthoe and his undeniable impact and charisma.

Tonhon Chocolatey is surprisingly at #11, again, Na and his undeniable impact and charisma, and the humor was on point!

Neo being at #6, 8, 11, 13 and 14, that's 1/3 of the entire top 15.

Meanwhile, Starburst In My Mind and Flop Agenda have no business being so high. On the other hand, Be My Fagg0t and Moonlight C0ck do not deserve to be that low.

The way Last Twilight is so low in this list when it is literally the only gem GMMTV has produced in 87 years of doing BLs (but Only Boo might be the second) is truly a crime against humanity... This whole list should be reversed with 2Fads and Bad Chemistry at the bottom.

I guess no quality allowed on BL watchers watch! :clack:

Edited by max8max7
  • Haha 3

That mewgulf subreddit is a cackle with the recent mewtul stuff :bibliahh: 

seems like everyone is pro gulf 

inch resting 

3 hours ago, Katamari said:

That mewgulf subreddit is a cackle with the recent mewtul stuff :bibliahh: 

seems like everyone is pro gulf 

inch resting 

Hold awn I haven't checked it in a while. Lemme go take a peek

5dc04ce00c33a000081b8649-Image-from-i-OS

And yep they've always been pro-gulf and either anti-mew or 'neutral' at best.

Spoiler
Spoiler

And I don't blame them since I am also anti-mew because I blame him for the lack of a new MaxTul project.

Every other BL fad from 2017-2021/2022 managed to get a new show, and flops like Lee Long Shi get 2/3 shows per year, so I am FUMING

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, max8max7 said:

The way Last Twilight is so low in this list when it is literally the only gem GMMTV has produced in 87 years of doing BLs (but Only Boo might be the second) is truly a crime against humanity... This whole list should be reversed with 2Fads and Bad Chemistry at the bottom.

I guess no quality allowed on BL watchers watch! :clack:

LT in da gutter where it belongs with Enchante and my King's Cupid's Last Wish lol

r/ThaiBL - Barcode signed with Aplan Bangkok!

Someone said Barcode should have joined GMMTV to partner Fourth. Welp!

23 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

r/GMMTV - My Love Mix-Up! 🇹🇭📝 Character Posters

Y'all better support Aungpao when MLMU premieres. Aungpao was lowkey the best actor in that mid drama Cooking Flop.

At least someone on this planet agrees with me! Aungpao was a better comedian than Neo in this, and was miles better than whatever OffGun served. He deserves a rookie award, alongside Idolfactory's Babe. Although NeoMark >>> NeoAungpao ship-wise, it would have been a little cringe to have Mark playing the stalker role for the 2nd consecutive show. 

The way Neo managed to simultaneously portray himself as a confident self-assured gay in Only Friends and deliver the best panicking-over-his-sexual-orientation gay performance in Cooking Crush :clap3:  He portrayed both so effortlessly, it is like he has experienced both before 

In any case, Aungpao was only 17, so there's no way they would have him kiss Neo on the lips on screen. (But I bet his gay ass still managed to get those kisses on Neo's lips behind the scenes).

------

Going back to the outing, Neo, Aungpao and Louis seem to be operating independently and didn't have too many moments with one another. Also disappointed that we (or I, specifically) was robbed of some good NeoMark interaction.

GOpY0DfbYAAyLwm?format=jpg&name=large

GOps281W4AAiNkW?format=jpg&name=medium

r/GMMTV - Krist being savage to a person who tagged him

GawinKrist left the outing 2gether, and it looks like some hardcore Perayas are pissed. Krist then roasted this fan.

The name of the award :rip: This is not surprising, consider one of them is literally a dermatologist.

The first two-thirds of Last Blindside was somewhat overrated and the final quarter was a huge letdown and deserved the lashings. Day lowkey deserves anti-hero or villain of the year award, which shouldn't happen in a show which showcases a main character trying to overcome/adapt to his disability.

I did enjoy the airport chase scene and Porjai's character overall.

CDN media

Still waiting for that JossGawin BL where every line is spoken in English

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.