• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• Genius1111

• Nebur

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, it reminds me A LOT of classic Hollywood under the old studio system. Actors signed a contract with a specific studio and those studios had an incredible amount of control over their lives. Fake relationships that were played out in the press were common. And they were very common if an actor was gay. It's almost an exact mirror of current fan service. In the old days, the gay actors pretended to be straight and even married fellow actors in fake relationships that played out in the news coverage. Usually the reporters were in on the secret, but they wanted to sell magazines and stories, so they went along with it. Today, we have straight actors pretending to be gay for the same reasons -- to sell shows and products and media coverage.

It's their job. Until the fan culture changes in a larger way, it will continue to be their job. We see some actors who clearly don't want to do a lot of fan service (Gawin comes to mind,) but they are usually not the ones with the large endorsement contracts and huge fan meetings. There's money and career opportunities in performing fan service. Until there isn't a clear advantage...it will continue to happen.

Speaking of Gawin, I've noticed that Krist has been somewhat excessive in terms of fan-servicing, judging from Gawin's IG stories.

Maybe it would be helpful for you to think of how the fake couples benefit the real ones. We know from Dr. Thomas Baudinette (who studies BL academically) that there are a small number of real couples acting together in BL, and given that most BLs are filmed in countries that are hostile to gay couples in real life, all the fake couples give cover and protection to the real ones and enable them to be together openly in a way that's safer for them because it creates plausible deniability, while also contributing to the normalization of same-sex relationships in wider society. Without fan service, the real couples would have fewer opportunities and less safety to be openly together in public.

• Like 1

Be Mine SuperStar ep 7 JaFirst are too cute:allears:  I adore both couples but the truth is they deserve a better series... I only tolerate this series for both couples:ducky:

6 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

Comment Image

@dabunique

I believe they were in a FWB kind of relationship. :heart: 

My ghost ship in real life 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

Speaking of Gawin, I've noticed that Krist has been somewhat excessive in terms of fan-servicing, judging from Gawin's IG stories.

honestly this is spot on :deadbanana:

Thai BL was always my least fav of the BL genre

Taiwan does it best :giraffe:

Well, since I had nothing to do with this end,I saw from the first 10 episodes of Stay with me and I liked many of them, it's cute, however, if I'm more critical, this serie lose the essence of addicted heroin from the old version and book, but it's understandable due to the censorship, however, it was nice, I still have 14 episodes to go that I'll see little by little the other weekend the same I'm in no hurry while a SUPPOSED second season is coming, unless the government cancels it:dancehall:

but i'm looking at it as a different series with similarities and not something from addicted version,so i'm enjoying it

Drake hugging Boston after he nuts 

ln0599e.gif

only friends feels like the first  pre Covid GMM show we have had a minute

ln0599e.gif

2 hours ago, Nebur said:

Be Mine SuperStar ep 7 JaFirst are too cute:allears:  I adore both couples but the truth is they deserve a better series... I only tolerate this series for both couples:ducky:

I feel like this is really their best show 

ended delete Me and Don’t say flop 

ln0599e.gif

Only Friends Ep1

Miss Neo aka Boston is serving hungry and unapologetic sl*t, we love to see it but I ship him with Nick :gaycat2:

Kao and First are serving good old school acting, but GMM need to stop ship them in every BL, same with Force/Wood :giraffe: 

BookWood, I'm so f tired of him >> go girl, give us nothing... no acting range and basically same awkward, brickface character all over again :gaycat6:

I manifest more Boston/Nick screen time :gaycat: 

14 hours ago, DanyelP23 said:

"This time I may disappear a bit. Disappears in the mind instead of the screen"

Praying for an OnlyFans cameo from Mr. PussyT:clownny:

Hoping that he is one of the hostel guests, and sharing the same space with either Thor or cute Ohm.

Honestly hoping that we have lots of LGBT couples as customers, and of course gay/pansexual Boston humping most of them.

I love super sexed up BLs tbh. I'm tired of everything being sanitised for kids or teens. I watched Heartstopper S2 and thought it was cozy and cute but was ultimately kinda bored and realised it was because the series felt like it was written for under 10s. I think there's this attitude that we have to remove sex from queer storylines so we don't seem hyper sexual to straight people. That kind of accommodating is why we've regressed so much culturally in the last few years alone.

F3lu8vXbQAAGGGU?format=jpg&name=4096x409

F3lviC3XwAAbQtM?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

Stay with me brain rot is contagious I fear :redface:

I think I’m becoming too rotten because I have no interest in Dangerous Romance :deadbanana4:

9 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

https://thedramaparadise.com/chains-of-heart-movie-premiere-in-december/

Chains of Heart movie coming Dec 07th!

This article said the original series was set in Singapore? It was clearly (to me at least) filmed in Taiwan.

I mean, cinematography, ost and acting were a top notch but the actual plot and story were a complete mess :gaycat6:

17 hours ago, dabunique said:

F3lviC3XwAAbQtM?format=jpg&name=medium

Cuties ate in first episode and left not a single crumb for WoodBook :gaycat:

20 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

Cuties ate in first episode and left not a single crumb for WoodBook :gaycat:

Mark Pakin looked so good in dat episode 

F3qOHe_XAAEdcyX?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.