Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• Genius1111

• Nebur

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Mix said:

not only in Thailand but the whole SEA

That's sad. Apo wouldn't look so hot if he was white. It's his dusky complexion that's part of his appeal. And he's proudly owning it!

14 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

That's sad. Apo wouldn't look so hot if he was white. It's his dusky complexion that's part of his appeal. And he's proudly owning it!

Yeah, whitening is a thing here and dark skin is considered "ugly" which is absurd to me :giraffe: + let me wider the problem, not the whole SEA but Asia in general

Edited by Mix

If you go onto (Chinese) Wikipedia and check the entries for each of the Thai BL actors, you will realize that most of the actors and actresses are like >75% ethnic Chinese (if you go back 2 generations) or 50% white (like Perth Nakhun and Gawin Caskey I suppose) or not more than 50% Thai (Bright Vachirawit - 25% Chinese 25% White European). Apo Nattawin himself is 25% Chinese and has a Chinese name. 

Ethnic Chinese officially make up about 10% of the population of Thailand and it is said about 40% of the population has some Chinese blood. Frankly, most of the actors you see on the screen are not to different to the Han Chinese people in Taipei, HK or Singapore. You can see how the ordinary Thai people look like in the "behind the scenes" shot and do a comparison with the actors. There is a marked difference. 

When walking though Bangkok some years ago before COVID struck, all I could see on billboards and ads were fair-skinned celebs, even if they were ethnic Thai. 

______

So, at this stage, it seems like the BL industry is kind of ethnic Chinese dominated.

i'm from asia and naturally tanned so i was made fun when i grew up, and people here would make fun of thailander and filipino's appearances which is sad 

FSUB_EDaIAEUPIv?format=jpg&name=large

FSUB_ECacAEhW7y?format=jpg&name=large

43 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

it never started off strong

if u go back to when it debut here u can see da me and a few people bitchin about this and other issues but in da middle things sorta got better but now we stuck only liking da third couple because its da most realistic relationship on da show

Kuea and Diao are treated as children and not as adults although Diao is da only one tryin to serve adulthood

Kuea took insult when Lian called him Annabelle but what does she do, she turns into Annabelle bein all fake

and i was all excited to see what secret Yi was involved with Diao and it was all about a young Yi not keepin a strong grip on his dog who attacked Diao as a child

we honestly only watching for da sex scene and Zee & Max shirtless but dats it, da story is trash

(although this week seeing Lian's parents proud of Zee & Kuea's relationship and pending marriage)

33 minutes ago, dabunique said:

and i was all excited to see what secret Yi was involved with Diao and it was all about a young Yi not keepin a strong grip on his dog who attacked Diao as a child

nauurr :bibliahh:

7 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

nauurr :bibliahh:

worst was when Diao's family called to check on him and they was like don't forget what Yi did to u and iw as like omg what happened LOL at it was a bite to da face by a dog i can't i was like wait what oh no gurl go away 

Happy Birthday to this Pinoy King

AKedOLQf0hgXHvpqYrOOtG-AghOVuKUMRzpo47gu

1. Is Pleum Pongpisal (Kiss Me Again, Dark Blue Kiss, 2gether Season 1) back as an artist in GMMTV? From his IG account, it appears that he's back in Bangkok from Singapore after being an architect apprentice. 

(He's really cute but I noticed that he was in his Charlie Puth curly hair phase for quite a number of months. :deadbanana4:)

2. Has JJ Chayakorn ever acted as a gay/bi character in any of the BLs? I have only seen him in Enchante/2gether but his characters seem straight (and very forgettable).

Ugh, I really like it when the gays fight. OK, >70% of them are straight IRL, but let's ignore that detail.

When I watched the PorschePete bed scene in Ep 4 (top left corner), I really thought it was EarthMix.

It's interesting how Tong has played the eldest bro in 2 series, but in real life, he's younger than the 2nd bro in both. (In TharnType, he's 11 months younger than Mew, while in KP, he's 3 weeks younger than Mile.)

It seems like Tong is the only (active) BL actor with a child (adopted son in this case)? But it also seems like he's not partnered, so I'm not sure how he's been coping all this while.

----

Fun fact: When Becky Armstrong's GL drama Gap debuts, it means that all the actors playing the three Kirigun siblings of TharnType Season 2 (Mew, Tong and Becky) have acted as an LGBT character outside of TT.

26 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

1. Is Pleum Pongpisal (Kiss Me Again, Dark Blue Kiss, 2gether Season 1) back as an artist in GMMTV? From his IG account, it appears that he's back in Bangkok from Singapore after being an architect apprentice. 

(He's really cute but I noticed that he was in his Charlie Puth curly hair phase for quite a number of months. :deadbanana4:)

2. Has JJ Chayakorn ever acted as a gay/bi character in any of the BLs? I have only seen him in Enchante/2gether but his characters seem straight (and very forgettable).

1. He’s still a GMMTV artist. Just on hiatus. I think he’ll remain in Singapore for a while, but every now and then he goes to Thailand for important events. 

2. JJ is definitely a victim of type-casting :devil:. He always plays the supportive, straight friend. I’m guessing GMM didn’t want to market both twins as the same type of actor, so one gets the straight roles while the other gets the gay roles.

9 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

Is this like a stigma in Thailand?

Not just Thailand, but yes, unfortunately :chick3:

44 minutes ago, Mix said:

Just got into Plus & Minus 

a4028853f79e105c31699f49fc9015ddaabd4e67 

81e909ad222938f1d608fccbf1e5006e5370aca7

f0675ba07a81cb648da5d4e939844cc9e29bf911

4793179436e42a6f06c54391fd6a514a96b7026d

2087f5c8ce2c15340fd5b29b3ecdf25439a1b9f3

2ac1c7fcfe4d47a88ff68d3c4fb2ecbe55c7a848

:lakitu:

i got uninterested in episode 3 but will start it again this weekend

31 minutes ago, dabunique said:

i got uninterested in episode 3 but will start it again this weekend

I just started ep 1 so idk yet what to think, I heard it's pretty slow :giraffe:

1 minute ago, Mix said:

EVERYONE MOVEEEEEEEEEEE

The way I was about to press SUBMIT but then I saw you posted about this:gaycat6:

They better serve us a second season of MoD (my delusion is speaking). We need a serial killer or something and form a story around it. Maybe someone that hunts LGBT people so they can also serve *topical* since all the new BLs are doing it

Regarding KP, I was checking the actor's socials and it seems like both Mile & Apo are the most popular with Bible a solid distant 3rd. Mile & Apo are pretty close in followers with Mile being slightly ahead. This surprises me since I would've though given his incredible charisma, acting talent, acclaim & beauty that Apo would lead in numbers. I guess I should never discount bottomphobia, str8 audiences and gays alike are guilty of it. :lakitu::biblionny: A Bright / Win Metawin tea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.