• dabunique

• Genius1111

• Nebur

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, touya kinomoto said:

predicting who will come out on top of BL King 2022

fads, forgotten 

so some of my favorite reactors are starting to react to ThanType and they lost it LOL

41 minutes ago, GentleDance said:

fads, forgotten 

...are words that can't be used to describe OhmNanon.

On 5/4/2022 at 5:46 AM, DanyelP23 said:

So I finished watching epsiode 3 and 4 of KinnPorsche..

Bible as Vegas is serving Max in Manner of Death in the beginning when he was mysterious and I kinda believed he was the killer:clap3:I love how he manages to be suave and extremely cold at the same time. 

Mile is ok but I feel like I don't like the way his character is written, I would've prefered if Kinn was a bit more of a bad boy but I guess we have Vegas for that. His chest looks great in the shirtless scenes though:heart:

Apo as I previously said continues to serve good acting, and it's kinda obvious that he's the more experienced actor in the pair - he's kinda showing a bit of everything: charisma, body & range.

The butt shots were nice, I've counted 3 so far.:fan:

I wonder how it's gonna play out when <SPOILER>Porsche wakes up and finds out what really happened at the end of ep4</SPOILER>. They better serve some dramatics for it because otherwise this shows is just another college BL except the background is changed and the actors are just a bunch of hot mafioso and bodyguards instead of engineering/medicine/fine arts students.

I guess there are still 10 episodes left, but the plot in and of itself doesn't HOOK me like I wish it would've. I see the hints for there being something interesting in the grander scheme of things (Kinn's father and younger brother's characters set this up a bit), but I suppose I'm gonna have to wait and enjoy the eyecandy for now, because PLOTWISE it barely feels like something is happening.

Was the last scene between K and P in ep4 supposed to be the hottest scene in BL history or is the talk on TikTok/Twitter about another upcoming scene from an episode yet to be aired? Don't get me wrong, the scene was good, all the ingredients were there - but it doesn't even come close to the beginning scene in Together with Me between Max and Tul, let alone their scenes in Manner of Death, in terms of carnal energy.  

In other news, I noticed Blueming is on the app I purchased to watch KinnPorsche - I think I will just start to watch it tomorrow.

I really like your detailed review. Indeed, the first thing I thought of after KP Ep 4 was the opening scene of MaxTul's Together With Me. Because I watched the opening of Together With Me on a large TV screen, and KP on a grainy video on a laptop, yeah, MaxTul appeared to be better. Having said, I loved that I could both Mile's and Apo's black and white underwear and their bums. I think Mile's and Apo''s chest and abs looked even more terrific, depsite the poorer quality of the video. I have not watched Manner of Death, so I can't comment on that.

Plot-wise, I found KP's numerous humorous scenes incongruous with the overall mood. (Perhaps mafias are a lot more fun than what I would have expected.) It's quite ironic that a mafia-themed BL would be so light-hearted, and a fantasy-themed BL featuring a teddy bear-turned-human would be so serious.

I did get second-hand embarrassment from Apo's many mistakes. He's only getting special treatment and not getting fired because Kinn and his dad. (He would have obviously been fired for his incompetence. Imagine failing to protect your boss twice and not getting the sack.)

Right now, indeed, not too much has happened. I was checking this recap posted on MDL and I am glad the problematic parts of Kinn and Porsche (homophobic?) have been removed, and they are lot more likeable. Acting wise, I am honestly quite impressed by Apo. He can be so manly and confident, and yet so sweet and dorky when kissing/making out with Mile.

Side note: BL dramas really should be promoting men's underwear (CK / Armani Xchange) and not drinks.  Imagine if both shirtless MaxTul and MileApo are wearing them and the camera linger on their bods for a few more seconds. (I think only Tul did so in the 3 episodes of Together With Me TNC that I have seen.) :jonny: I think HIStory 4 is the only one I've seen that is subtly promoting Everlast underwear (in addition to the vitamin supplements).

Edited by Genius1111

On 5/2/2022 at 7:43 AM, Da Vinci said:

Tofu's story actually mirrors that of The Little Mermaid than The Little Prince tbh

Hide contents

Mermaid/teddy bear turned human falls in love but their loved one is already in love with someone else

There's even that symbolism with Tofu with the knife beside Tarn's hospital bed, just like how the mermaid was offered a knife to kill the prince so she can turn back into a mermaid

But in the end the mermaid/Tofu sacrifice themselves for their loved one and becomes foam/foams at the mouth

And their loved one moves on with the one they actually love while the mermaid/Tofu watch over them :'( 

When watching The Miracle of Teddy Bear, the one book that I thought of was The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka, but TMOTB is like the reverse of TM.

Tofu: Changes from teddy bear to human, is liked by everyone and is remembered after his death

Samsa: Turns from human into a vermin (cockroach?), is hated and is not remembered after his death

I felt that this scene in the finale of TMOTB was, to put it nicely,

a little too minimalist for me. It reminded me of the underwhelming Leonard/Penny proposal scenes in The Big Bang Theory. Even the corny and cheesy proposal at the end of Enchante seemed better.

"My heart married you a long time ago" -> This line itself is really romantic, if we conveniently forget the romance that Nut and Tofu had.

Edited by Genius1111

If not for Thailand's relatively high number of COVID cases, I would really like to visit these spots in Bangkok, especially Assumption University, where they shot Enchante. 

40 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

Could someone enlighten me on this? I have not watched ITSAY.

You should :fan:

The writer of TMOTB and the upcoming The Eclipse has provided this spoiler(?) regarding The Eclipse.

The Eclipse seems to be about First's character trapped in a timeloop (???)

I wonder if TMOTB is also about Neung being trapped in some sort of timeloop (or purgatory). Too bad we won't be seeing any crossover for The Eclipse.

1 hour ago, Genius1111 said:

first of all, you HAVE to watch ITSAY ASAP. like it's the best out there, no exaggerations.

second, this people better stop this. i mean, we do speculate here from time to time but they have no right to do that just because they can't prove the idea that is against theirs. and also, what if the reigning BL King is a hunty?

Dropped: TMOTB and Cutie Pie

Still watching: Plus and Minus and Cupid’s Last Wish

Wont be picking up anymore BLs anytime soon, unless Miss Korea serves something cute again.

28 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

The writer of TMOTB and the upcoming The Eclipse has provided this spoiler(?) regarding The Eclipse.

Reveal hidden contents

The Eclipse seems to be about First's character trapped in a timeloop (???)

I wonder if TMOTB is also about Neung being trapped in some sort of timeloop (or purgatory). Too bad we won't be seeing any crossover for The Eclipse.

The trust is already gone. He can choke.

1 hour ago, Genius1111 said:

if people don't leave da reigning BL King da phuck alone

a mess

11 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Still watching: Plus and Minus and Cupid’s Last Wish

Wont be picking up anymore BLs anytime soon, unless Miss Korea serves something cute again.

and they said CLW was gonna be a flop LOL

5 minutes ago, dabunique said:

and they said CLW was gonna be a flop LOL

I’m two episodes behind, but the series has been enjoyable so far; and Earth and Best-Actor BLammy Winner, Mix, are too charming :gaycat4:

oh before i forget

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BETCHEES! it's been 2 years but we're still here. the other thread cannot relate :fan:

lol jk but yeah, it's been fun 2 years and even though lately i haven't been very active, i'm happy to see that we are still thriving. 

6 minutes ago, touya kinomoto said:

oh before i forget

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BETCHEES! it's been 2 years but we're still here. the other thread cannot relate :fan:

lol jk but yeah, it's been fun 2 years and even though lately i haven't been very active, i'm happy to see that we are still thriving. 

Cheers to another year! Fads come and go, but quality is timeless.

mariah-carey-cheers.gif

25 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

I’m two episodes behind, but the series has been enjoyable so far; and Earth and Best-Actor BLammy Winner, Mix, are too charming :gaycat4:

Episode 8 will be in da real for Mix for this year's Blammys

1 hour ago, JonginBey said:

Taste :clap3:

52 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

MY BABY GUPGUP

unfortunately he may drop off the BL King list this year :sosad:

Edited by GentleDance
For those who are not watching Ocean Likes Me, this is one of the leads

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.