Boys Love

JonginBey

7 hours ago, discreetinside said:

And interestingly enough Toptap acting debut was Love Sick in 2014 one of the earliest Thai BL incarnation 2 years before Make It Right (Ohm Pawat debut) and SOTUS (Singto debut?) along with now lowkey iconic casts like Captain, White, Gunsmile, Sing Harit, and Samantha Melanie Coates (Manow in UMWA)

https://mydramalist.com/10872-love-sick-the-series/cast

I see that there is a fake-BF element in this so I am intrigued.

I am not sure about White (only saw him in ATOTS), but Gunsmile and Sing Harit (cute guy!) seem to be in this strange mid-tier level of actors who can consistently score roles, but not as the lead, which is a pity.

• Replies 21.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dabunique

• Genius1111

• Nebur

• Katamari

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

TT 7 Years is the worst one that I've watched thus far, but even so, a few of the actors did act well or at least were eye candy. 

Not sure if I should start on TMS Season 1 and then have to endure Season 2.

I use your reviews as a gauge because I think we have fairly similar tastes in spite of the way you voted in the recent rate. 

I have seen many BLs, practically ALL of them, including the indie ones, it is difficult for me to only choose 20 places:coffee2:

8 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

TT 7 Years is the worst one that I've watched thus far, but even so, a few of the actors did act well or at least were eye candy. 

Not sure if I should start on TMS Season 1 and then have to endure Season 2.

I use your reviews as a gauge because I think we have fairly similar tastes in spite of the way you voted in the recent rate. 

you should definitely watch to my star season 1:allears: season two however is kdrama better acted and directed all the photography is excellent what sucks that we waited so long for this season to be just pointless suffering since nothing justifies what one of them is doing to the other NOTHING,because I don't enjoy this season because there are only 2 episodes left and if they give us a happy ending it would be in the last 5 minutes of episode 10 and for that I don't want anything

i just finished episode 1 of love mechanic the series  and despite the fact that I find Seme unattractive or almost null, uke Warn is beautiful and always has been:allears: I'm going for episode 2 and this is so toxic, I'm liking it:gaycat6: uke must have self love get over it honey:biblio: however I adore everything about LOVE HATE, so I'm enjoying this mess:duca:

war It's beautiful, it's one of the most beautiful ukes without a doubt:allears::allears::allears::allears: This couple would be perfect if they changed Yan or whatever the  seme is called for someone hotter like Joss or even I'll settle for Tawan:coffee2:

Edited by Nebur

ok sorry that sounded ugly I shouldn't call anyone ugly... we all have something beautiful in each one and beauty is something subjective

Sky In Your Heart Episode 4

Both Sky In Your Heart and Bad Buddy make references to other BL dramas. At least for Bad Buddy, I know that the references made are intelligently done. For SIYH, however, I am not sure if they are paying homage to those other shows, or they are basically taking pieces of each BL series before it and patching them together in an attempt to form something coherent.

Basically the scene where Fah puked after kissing Prince bothered me greatly. Yeah, Fah was drunk, but it really killed the moment. I was raving about it just last week.

:devil:

Other things I didn't like:

- Mike's character JJ being pretty useless to the plot thus far. 

- None of the village children are featured this episode.

- JoongDunk are so low energy, it's kinda painful to watch them. At least when Bright acts (or "acts") as the distant and aloof Sarawat, it still works. KleunDao are just floating. (I say this as a person who has not watched Star In My Mind. Even the people in the YT comments readily agree that SIYH is so much better than SIMM, and SIYH is not really top-tier to begin with, with the exception of that kiss scene in Episode 3)

What I love:

The shower/water rinsing scene featuring Mek, Arm and Mike. :gaycat2: It's basically the same as the one in Not Me, just that Arm decides to have a scarf/shoal to cover a part of his chest.

something I don't like is long nails on a man, I don't understand why some Thais use it, it's so unattractive to say NOTHING attractive:biblio:

4 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

Sky In Your Heart Episode 4

Both Sky In Your Heart and Bad Buddy make references to other BL dramas. At least for Bad Buddy, I know that the references made are intelligently done. For SIYH, however, I am not sure if they are paying homage to those other shows, or they are basically taking pieces of each BL series before it and patching them together in an attempt to form something coherent.

Hide contents

Basically the scene where Fah puked after kissing Prince bothered me greatly. Yeah, Fah was drunk, but it really killed the moment. I was raving about it just last week.

:devil:

Other things I didn't like:

- Mike's character JJ being pretty useless to the plot thus far. 

- None of the village children are featured this episode.

- JoongDunk are so low energy, it's kinda painful to watch them. At least when Bright acts (or "acts") as the distant and aloof Sarawat, it still works. KleunDao are just floating. (I say this as a person who has not watched Star In My Mind. Even the people in the YT comments readily agree that SIYH is so much better than SIMM, and SIYH is not really top-tier to begin with, with the exception of that kiss scene in Episode 3)

What I love:

The shower/water rinsing scene featuring Mek, Arm and Mike. :gaycat2: It's basically the same as the one in Not Me, just that Arm decides to have a scarf/shoal to cover a part of his chest.

This  I did see star in my mind and it's not worth it the only thing it has is the visuality of the protagonists of the rest the story is super Xs

Sky In Your Heart paying homage to (or ripping off) from earlier BL dramas

1. ATOTS - The general premise

2. 2gether - Mark is basically Metawin 2.0, looks-wise. His character, Prince basically has a Sarawat Wives' Club in the village. Like Tine, Prince has 3 guys lusting over him (but 1 of them has since backed out)

3. Not Me - The shower/water rinsing scene. 

4. Together With Me 1 - Jealous biatch talking on the phone, trying to mess up Fah's relationship

5. Enchante - I think there were long staring scenes in the earlier episodes, but not in Episode 4.

6. TharnType - The unnecessary background sound effects

Edited by Genius1111

9 minutes ago, Nebur said:

This  I did see star in my mind and it's not worth it the only thing it has is the visuality of the protagonists of the rest the story is super Xs

I *don't really mind* watching SIMM, but only to see Mek playing Kuafah. Was Mek featured prominently?

Fah and Dao are so creepily close as blood-related bros (based on the 4 episodes of SIYH) I thought I was watching HIStory 4. :deadbanana:

5 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

I *don't really mind* watching SIMM, but only to see Mek playing Kuafah. Was Mek featured prominently?

Fah and Dao are so creepily close as blood-related bros (based on the 4 episodes of SIYH) I thought I was watching HIStory 4. :deadbanana:

mek if he appears sporadically but only worshiping his brother they make it understood that they adore each other incestuously even Prince looks like his stepbrother said by mek himself:rip:

Rak Diao Episode 6 (halfway-done)

I know 2 members here were recommending this a few months ago so I've started watching it. The last 4 episodes really seem like 1 long and insipid episode featuring Diao as a petulant child.

It totally does not feel like a BL at this stage. :deadbanana: Show abs, people! 

I do, however, think Win Songsin and Earth T are doing a great job portraying their characters. It must have been quite tiring for Win Songsin to be perpetually playing a pissed off character.

that guess hahaha how much reason literally just described everything that will happen:bibliahh:

1 minute ago, Genius1111 said:

Rak Diao Episode 6 (halfway-done)

I know 2 members here were recommending this a few months ago so I've started watching it. The last 4 episodes really seem like 1 long and insipid episode featuring Diao as a petulant child.

It totally does not feel like a BL at this stage. :deadbanana: Show abs, people! 

I do, however, think Win Songsin and Earth T are doing a great job portraying their characters. It must have been quite tiring for Win Songsin to be perpetually playing a pissed off character.

what happens is that it looks like bromance but the last 2 and 3 episodes already show the romance, it's slow fuel,  However, the series lacked at least one additional episode to close well, we still have faith in the second season.

5 minutes ago, Nebur said:

mek if he appears sporadically but only worshiping his brother they make it understood that they adore each other incestuously even Prince looks like his stepbrother said by mek himself:rip:

Seriously, WTF! :rip: :rip: Then again, I should just watch SIMM just to weird myself out.

I know GMMTV makes family-friendly BLs, but the whole show would have been so much more effective if they had gone down the step-brothers becoming lovers route. 

the assault scene is so cutre and cringe omg:bibliahh:

Edited by Nebur

4 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

Seriously, WTF! :rip: :rip: Then again, I should just watch SIMM just to weird myself out.

I know GMMTV makes family-friendly BLs, but the whole show would have been so much more effective if they had gone down the step-brothers becoming lovers route. 

. this

This season of To My Star has the ones who think it's an absolute masterpiece and the ones who thinks its absolutely awful (writing wise) :laugh:

I'm neither, but more on the latter, I guess. I think there's a lot of interesting analysis that can be made about the situations and Jiwoo's character especially, but idk if it's something most people want to see in a BL drama. It's not really entertaining. To me it doesn't feel like a BL either way. TOO MUCH ANGSt too little romance. When I think about the show I feel a lot of things but watching it I feel bored. I dislike all the new side characters too and how much screentime they get.

Kangmin delivered in that last scene.

The Warp Effect and Never Let Me Go are the ones that intrigue me the most.

Moonlight Chicken is interesting too, and someone on MDL mentioned that it's set in the 90s (apparently the ethnic Chinese characters are using Chinese-sounding names, and not Thai-sounding names). It's giving me Chungking Express vibes.  

I just finished the 2nd episode of love mechanic and the truth is I already fell for this couple:allears:

I like chernobyl, what can I tell you, I am lost case:coffee:

Edited by Nebur

7 minutes ago, 4Real said:

This season of To My Star has the ones who think it's an absolute masterpiece and the ones who thinks its absolutely awful (writing wise) :laugh:

I'm neither, but more on the latter, I guess. I think there's a lot of interesting analysis that can be made about the situations and Jiwoo's character especially, but idk if it's something most people want to see in a BL drama. It's not really entertaining. To me it doesn't feel like a BL either way. TOO MUCH ANGSt too little romance. When I think about the show I feel a lot of things but watching it I feel bored. I dislike all the new side characters too and how much screentime they get.

Kangmin delivered in that last scene.

mte

7 minutes ago, Nebur said:

I just finished the 2nd episode of love mechanic and the truth is I already fell for this couple:allears:

I like chernobyl, what can I tell you, I am lost case:coffee:

:deadbanana: indeed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.