Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

Persona 3 and 4 coming this Friday

who gaf about FE anymore  :jonny5:

the fact i just bought FFx and FF 12 :toofunny3:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

I haven’t missed an FE game since Awakening (except for Echoes) so I might get Engage before GOTY arrives :bird:

3 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Reviews for FE:Engage are overwhelmingly positive, but let's see what her sales say; & if she'll create a community as strong as 3H did with all the memes & famous VA's it created. Also lets see what all these reviewers think 1 year later :fan: it's amazing to see how many FE stans on Reddit are suddenly dragging 3H's story in order to push Engage :fan: I highly doubt this will outsell 3H.

It seems Engage specifically appeals to FE fans who joined before 3H

This has been making me crazy this week! I frequent GameFaqs instead, but it’s a lot of the same trashing. When they know damn well the story narrative has been dragged to hell this time around :coffee2:

But the reviews seem to be good overall but divided on the social/support side of it. I’m interested in seeing how it’s gonna feel especially coming from 3H

I want Persona 3 Portable (3 FES is the best game in the series btw) but I’m mid way through SMT3 right now :jonny6:

Ouch... 82/100 for Fire Emblem Engage is not a good look. Maybe it's another XC2 situation and critics didn't get it... or maybe it's simply a weak game. 

2 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Ouch... 82/100 for Fire Emblem Engage is not a good look. Maybe it's another XC2 situation and critics didn't get it... or maybe it's simply a weak game. 

Reviewers that only played Three Houses for the social sim/school aspects didn't get it and gave it low scores, bringing the average down. The relationship between lower scores and reviewers that aren't fans of classic Fire Emblem gameplay is obvious.

I think it's clearly a good game, it's just that it didn't meet some people's misplaced expectations of what it would be. The social aspect is simply not there, while the strategic gameplay is clearly the focus again. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I think it deserved a higher average.

25 minutes ago, P!nk said:

Not 82 being portrayed as a poorly scored game. :snowman:

The standards for godtendo are too high :snowman:

one more day until p3 and p4 :jonny:

Interesting breakdown on the the reviewers and the scores that are being handed out.

Looks like Gameplay Stans won. Maybe the depth that 3H houses went in regards to the supports aspect was more of a one time thing and not meant to set a standard. 

I Wonder how this split in the fandom will affect Engage tho, and the series moving forward. Not sure how they can make Social sim Stans satisfied without pissing off Gameplay Stans.  🤔 

Uh i didn't play 3H for the social sim, in fact it's my least important feature :cm: Gameplay is far more important to me, but if i have to sit through some cringe anime writing & ugly chinese mobile app artstyle, then no thanks. I prefer to play my strategy games without constantly feeling 2nd hand embarrassment! I would've never picked up 3H if not for the Story, and this epic trailer

Triangle Strategy ended miss Fire Emblem :alexz2: anyways, one of my most favorite moments in gaming history :jonny5:

3 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Uh i didn't play 3H for the social sim, in fact it's my least important feature :cm: Gameplay is far more important to me, but if i have to sit through some cringe anime writing & ugly chinese mobile app artstyle, then no thanks. I prefer to play my strategy games without constantly feeling 2nd hand embarrassment! I would've never picked up 3H if not for the Story

our minds are once again telepathically aligned sis :mandown:

spacer.png

but i'm still planning to purchase ha on friday because miss bayo3 has failed to hook me and i need something new oop

Ready for Slaygage on Friday! :WAP: I finally beat Great Ace Attorney chronicles in preparation for it. 

I’ll finally be playing XC3 after Engage. XC2 was horrendous and embarrassing, but XC1 was cute (and I loved the extra story) so I’m hoping for more of the latter.

• ATRL Moderator

I haven't seen many reviews for Engage, but 82 is a pretty good score, so I'll probably check it out when it's on sale someday. (But only if they have good gay romance options :fan:)

21 hours ago, Harrier said:

Reviewers that only played Three Houses for the social sim/school aspects didn't get it and gave it low scores, bringing the average down. The relationship between lower scores and reviewers that aren't fans of classic Fire Emblem gameplay is obvious.

I think it's clearly a good game, it's just that it didn't meet some people's misplaced expectations of what it would be. The social aspect is simply not there, while the strategic gameplay is clearly the focus again. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I think it deserved a higher average.

This social aspect of games is so ******* overrated, especially in rpg games. I just want to battle, not marry a fictional character. :rip: 

Maybe I should give a chance to Engage before Three Houses since I don't give a **** about this social thing. 

I’m in the minority on here cuz I really loved the support convos and always craved more ever since Path Of Radiance. 

Grid based strategies are always fun to me so FE:E is a day one buy regardless but I’ll miss the support depth and the paired character endings. 3H spoiled me *sigh*

22 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I haven't seen many reviews for Engage, but 82 is a pretty good score, so I'll probably check it out when it's on sale someday. (But only if they have good gay romance options :fan:)

Well, every character over 18 is romanceable for main character regardless of gender. They've finally gone the full bisexual route

So it may not be a win broadly in the social aspects, but for us gays, it's better than 3H where there were like 2 real, very similar options 
--
Playing today, and it's a blast. I'm not yet sold on the story, but this is far and away the best presented FE game ever and the best gameplay as well.

On ACNH I payed 20k for a new town ordinance that makes the stores stay open late… I checked last night and they close at 11p :ace:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Harrier said:

Well, every character over 18 is romanceable for main character regardless of gender. They've finally gone the full bisexual route

So it may not be a win broadly in the social aspects, but for us gays, it's better than 3H where there were like 2 real, very similar options 
--
Playing today, and it's a blast. I'm not yet sold on the story, but this is far and away the best presented FE game ever and the best gameplay as well.

Oh wow, just looked up the options and yup, I'll play :bird:

Happy FE day to all that celebrate. :heart2:

I have the game coming today but I can't play until Wednesday when I get back to uni where my Switch is. :weeps:

Will get Engage after I finish Persona 5.. but that will take forever :bird:

Edit: I just checked the list of romanceable characters and why is 

Spoiler

Vander

not a full romance option? Order CANCELLED 

Edited by Rence

20 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

This social aspect of games is so ******* overrated, especially in rpg games. I just want to battle, not marry a fictional character. :rip: 

Maybe I should give a chance to Engage before Three Houses since I don't give a **** about this social thing. 

I think the social component can also be a hook to get people who are new to rpg to give it a try (very casual gamers like myself). I definitely bought 3H for the social aspect, but stayed for the battles. It was the very first time I played an rpg.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.