Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

Just bought Bravely Default 2 for 25€ :duca: :duca: 

--

I'm done with the second palace of P5R. This was far better than the first one, although the final boss was easier. Wasn't expecting that character to join the group. I want the ponytail girl to join asap. She's so cute. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

On 12/31/2022 at 10:29 PM, Magickarp said:

The game opens up right before u can do the 1st Palace. So I'd say at least complete the 1st palace, & maybe till u get the quest for the 2nd palace. Since ur enjoying the plot i'd say u could still find enjoyment in the game once u get past the tutorial phase. I googled "does the plot get better" and apparently the 1st palace has the most compelling story, so there was no point in me pushing further :rip:

yeah, just finished the second one and I feel better about it. Hope more characters join the team soon. :) 

I've had a switch since fall 2017 and I'm only gettin my first pro controller now :ahh: probably because I have 2 pair joy-cons and neither have ever shown any sign of drifting :fan:

I'm also deep into P5R at the moment. The start is definitely slow, weird, boring and holds your hands too much but when it clicks it CLICKS.

Early hours are like that. Unless you are past tutorial, I recommend to keep playing. But if you inherently dislike the idea of going to dungeon and switching to real world, then put it down. Early section of the game was repetitive as **** for me. But then the game eventually opens up, and you get fuckton of options to spend your free time when you are not doing dungeon, like the options are next level in this game. You can decide to do dungeons on your own pace too once the game opens up. It's a really a special JRPG if you give it time, I'm having so much fun with it right now.

But honestly I didn't doubt one minute that it would happen, JRPGs are always givin Stockholm Syndrome with me :dies:

Fire Emblem: Slaygage comes out in just a few short weeks! :WAP:

We need TotK NOW! And a new Nintendo console the switch while it’s still great is severely lacking power

9 hours ago, Eternium said:

Best-Selling Consoles:

1. PS2 - 158.7M hardware - 1.52B software

2. DS - 154.02M hardware - 948.76M software

3. GameBoy/Color - 118.69M hardware - 501.11M software

4. PS4 - 117.2M hardware - 1.997B software (broken up between PS4 and PS5)

5. Switch - 114.33M hardware - 917.59M software*

Sony’s software sales are inflated because they include super cheap digital downloads (Nintendo excludes them) and they combined PS4 and PS5, but Switch will be the biggest gaming console next year. Cheers, ladies :coffee2: 

Switch already surpassed ps4 in early December :coffee2: , it should be 125m already and 130-135m  by March 

6 hours ago, Poxy said:

Fire Emblem: Slaygage comes out in just a few short weeks! :WAP:

I think you’re confused - Three Houses is out already and is top tier quality. If you’re referring to some other mainline FE title for switch with strange hair colours + weird mechanics stripped right out of a previous mobile title and SMT crossover and paraded as a new feature, we don’t know her :biblio:

19 hours ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

We need TotK NOW! And a new Nintendo console the switch while it’s still great is severely lacking power

It's a blessing thar TotK isn't coming with a new console. It will be the most optimized game of all optimized game. Mid generation upgrades are overrated, I'm glad nintendo didn't refresh the hardware and knew exactly what they were workin with for the entirety of it's development.

15 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Just bought Bravely Default 2 for 25€ :duca: :duca: 

Return it, sis!

9 hours ago, znake said:

Switch already surpassed ps4 in early December :coffee2: , it should be 125m already and 130-135m  by March 

I know it did! We’ll be looking at ~125M for the February update (through 12/31/22) but probably only ~129M for the May update (through 3/31/23). This will be the year that hardware really slows down! It’ll be interesting to see if they do Nintendo Selects to keep the software sales steady.

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

Return it, sis!

Bye :weeps:

It's one of my most loved franchises. I know people don't like it as much as the DS entries but I had to give it a chance at some point. :chick3:

7 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Bye :weeps:

It's one of my most loved franchises. I know people don't like it as much as the DS entries but I had to give it a chance at some point. :chick3:

I never played the other ones. The combat is very engaging and difficult, especially compared to any other turn-based RPGs. I just didn’t love the gameplay/story loop. It is incredibly repetitive, though surprisingly deep. Especially Chapter 2. But I got 25 hours in and never made it to chapter 3 :jonny5: 

I want to get back into playing my Switch Lite but don’t know if I should restart my AC or just continue playing it with current updates (I haven’t updated the game since probably Easter 2021) :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Eternium said:

I never played the other ones. The combat is very engaging and difficult, especially compared to any other turn-based RPGs. I just didn’t love the gameplay/story loop. It is incredibly repetitive, though surprisingly deep. Especially Chapter 2. But I got 25 hours in and never made it to chapter 3 :jonny5: 

Well it can't be more repetitive than the first game :deadbanana2: 

Don't read if you don't know the "twist" and don't want to be spoiled, but

Spoiler

after you think you beat the game and all the dungeons, you are placed into a ~parallel world~ back at the start of the game and forced to redo the entire game. This then repeats 4 times. You can turn off random encounters for a faster run, of course, but it's still incredibly dull and such a stupid design decision :deadbanana4: I couldn't believe it when it happened the first time, and when it happened the 2nd time I went online to see if I was just doing it wrong and I found everyone on forums DRAGGING the game design :lmao:

I finished Skyward Snore last night. 6/10

One of the most frustrating controller mechanics ever. The bosses were infuriating the entire time and the controls ruined an otherwise fun Zelda adventure. It could’ve at least been 7.5 because the dungeons had some fun puzzles and good ideas but the game was still too linear and the world too empty. I’m glad it happened and flopped though so we could get BOTW and TOTK as a result :clap3: 

Majora’s Mask > Ocarina of Time > Breath of the Wild > Wind Waker > Twilight Princess >>> Skyward Sword

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Doogle said:

Majora’s Mask > Ocarina of Time > Breath of the Wild > Wind Waker > Twilight Princess >>> Skyward Sword

It's giving flawless taste :clap3:

(I might switch OoT and BotW, but it's close.)

12 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

It's giving flawless taste :clap3:

(I might switch OoT and BotW, but it's close.)

:clap3: 

To be fair, me too because I am about to revisit BOTW and I think I have always underrated it if anything. There’s a lot I still haven’t uncovered in it which might push it to second. I’m just so attached to Zelda N64’s worlds and atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Hide contents

after you think you beat the game and all the dungeons, you are placed into a ~parallel world~ back at the start of the game and forced to redo the entire game. This then repeats 4 times. You can turn off random encounters for a faster run, of course, but it's still incredibly dull and such a stupid design decision :deadbanana4: I couldn't believe it when it happened the first time, and when it happened the 2nd time I went online to see if I was just doing it wrong and I found everyone on forums DRAGGING the game design :lmao:

Oh my gosh. I just know I’d lose like 100 hours. Does that happen in two?

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Oh my gosh. I just know I’d lose like 100 hours. Does that happen in two?

Idk; I was too scarred by the experience to check out the sequels :deadbanana:

Yeah, Bravely Default was a mess for that :lmao: I bet if it were released today, it would be dragged. 

i jus want a new Mario or Donkey Kong game this year

1 hour ago, dabunique said:

i jus want a new Mario or Donkey Kong game this year

:coffee2: We need both 

Mario in April

DK in June

GODly Default is an iconic game :clap3:

I just wished they continued the story from the first 2 games rather than rebooting it and leaving the original story unfinished :biblionny:e

On 1/2/2023 at 6:53 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Hide contents

WHAT is THAT. :deadbanana2:

who the hell let that out the door? I truly can’t fathom 

On 1/2/2023 at 11:29 PM, Sergi91 said:

I want to get back into playing my Switch Lite but don’t know if I should restart my AC or just continue playing it with current updates (I haven’t updated the game since probably Easter 2021) :deadbanana4:

if you don’t like your island and want to start fresh, definitely restart. you can literally get everything you had before from treasure islands on twitch :mandown:

Edited by Dolce Vita

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.