Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

I’m about halfway through Bayonetta 3 and there’s a lot about the game I’m not enjoying. :rip: 

The new gameplay mechanics are too big and clunky

Viola is irritating and takes precious time away from focusing on Bayo or even Jeanne. I dislike her combat as well

The story is bad 

It’s hard to see?? I get lost in battles and cutscenes and have a tough time focusing on what’s going on 

idk girls…so far I think Bayo 2 is the better game 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

This genre has progressed so much since Bayo 2 and I think a lot of other modern franchises are doing it better

the only thing it has going for it is the outrageous camp 

Wrapping up a Yokai Watch 2 Psychic Specters playthrough and when I say it's a struggle to get everything done like there's just so much. The hours upon HOURS of post game and crazy amount of bonus content :clap3: 3DS era Pokemon could never with their 40 minute post game that's just a glorified fetch quest which somehow always involves Looker or dump old legendaries in generic caverns to collect.

Plus the *free* DLC update for those who didn't get the definitive version. Meanwhile you can't even trade an Own Tempo Rockruff to Sun/Moon :bibliahh: great titles with amazing gameplay, but they fumbled a lot with the mon designs which I think contributed to the quick fizzle out.

I had $ set aside for the Switch Pro so i at least have 1 system i can play online with, but my Airpods Pro just broke :clown: a SWOLED is only $65 more here.

Since the Bayo 3 is out for a while, here are my thoughts about the story:

Spoiler

I still don't understand the uproar. Since when dieing in a Bayonetta game matters? Bayo 2 was about Bayonetta rescuing Jeanne from hell, for god's sake. :rip:

Also, who knows what they could pull out for a Bayonetta 4, since this one was about multiverse and having three Bayonettas together. They might claim that the one from 3 was a different reality. It's not that deep.

The way Hellena lost 5 grand for cameo when she could have dub the older Bayo, and it wasn't even 10 min of dialog. What a way to lose. 

Not gonna lie, Viola's calling Bayonetta mommy was unexpected.

15 hours ago, BambiStar said:

Wrapping up a Yokai Watch 2 Psychic Specters playthrough and when I say it's a struggle to get everything done like there's just so much. The hours upon HOURS of post game and crazy amount of bonus content :clap3: 3DS era Pokemon could never with their 40 minute post game that's just a glorified fetch quest which somehow always involves Looker or dump old legendaries in generic caverns to collect.

Plus the *free* DLC update for those who didn't get the definitive version. Meanwhile you can't even trade an Own Tempo Rockruff to Sun/Moon :bibliahh: great titles with amazing gameplay, but they fumbled a lot with the mon designs which I think contributed to the quick fizzle out.

Yokai Watch 2 was a classic :jonny5: 

I just can’t believe they never made another game with the classic gameplay again. YW3 has a grid and YW4 is an ARPG. And there are no plans at all for a YW5 :weeps: 

Just beat Bayo 3, or at least the story since I wanna keep playing the stuff I missed and playing around with different weapons. I think the combat is probably the best in the series even if it got to be a bit much for me when there were so many giant enemies on one screen and it wasn't a kaiju battle.

The story kinda sucked :rip: Granted they're always kinda confusing but most of the ending of 3 was just... eh.

• ATRL Moderator
15 hours ago, Magickarp said:

I had $ set aside for the Switch Pro so i at least have 1 system i can play online with, but my Airpods Pro just broke :clown: a SWOLED is only $65 more here.

Good thing you have another ~4 years to save up for a Switch Pro :gaycat4:

I just beat Bayo 1 and starting Sparks of Hope right now. It’s already a slay :jonny5: 

I think the story is ok, we like Bayonetta for the camp either way. I hope it does well because she's an icon

Am I the only one that thinks that the Baal Zedon fight has to be inspired by Diva Plavalaguna? It has to be

:jonny6:

11 hours ago, KaledKalil said:

Since the Bayo 3 is out for a while, here are my thoughts about the story:

Reveal hidden contents

I still don't understand the uproar. Since when dieing in a Bayonetta game matters? Bayo 2 was about Bayonetta rescuing Jeanne from hell, for god's sake. :rip:

Also, who knows what they could pull out for a Bayonetta 4, since this one was about multiverse and having three Bayonettas together. They might claim that the one from 3 was a different reality. It's not that deep.

The way Hellena lost 5 grand for cameo when she could have dub the older Bayo, and it wasn't even 10 min of dialog. What a way to lose. 

Not gonna lie, Viola's calling Bayonetta mommy was unexpected.

I think

Spoiler

Most people don't like the idea of Viola becoming Bayonetta and leaving Cereza and Jeanne behind without a proper closure.

However, I do agree that anything could happen and if there is another game, it can have a different story. Who knows.

Did you guys see the old picture book content? I wonder if they will release more of it as a DLC or is a tease for a spin off.

I would love if we get more of it. At the end they show Jeanne but her voice, unlike Cereza, is the adult version.

Edited by Rainy Devil

On 11/1/2022 at 8:01 AM, Eternium said:

Yokai Watch 2 was a classic :jonny5: 

I just can’t believe they never made another game with the classic gameplay again. YW3 has a grid and YW4 is an ARPG. And there are no plans at all for a YW5 :weeps: 

I know they had a full identity crisis when it suddenly blew up in 2014. Literally every game after 2 has totally different mechanics meanwhile Pokemon still using the same formula for over 25 years like what is going on :gaycat6: the wheel is unique but so limiting I kinda of prefer the grid because it's very engaging (more factors to consider like attack combos/blocking and replenishing orbs, even if it made Soultimates a total joke). An amazing trilogy none the less! :clap3:

2 hours ago, BambiStar said:

I know they had a full identity crisis when it suddenly blew up in 2014. Literally every game after 2 has totally different mechanics meanwhile Pokemon still using the same formula for over 25 years like what is going on :gaycat6: the wheel is unique but so limiting I kinda of prefer the grid because it's very engaging (more factors to consider like attack combos/blocking and replenishing orbs, even if it made Soultimates a total joke). An amazing trilogy none the less! :clap3:

I’m just hoping for the day that Level-5 gets it together and we get Yokai Watch 5, Ni No Kuni 3 and Dark Cloud 3. They’re the kings of crashing and burning, though.

21 hours ago, Eternium said:

I’m just hoping for the day that Level-5 gets it together and we get Yokai Watch 5, Ni No Kuni 3 and Dark Cloud 3. They’re the kings of crashing and burning, though.

It's not looking good if Yokai Watch is a flop even in Japan now. That's what happens when you market exclusively to children! They're fickle and eventually move on. Poor Jibanyan forced to flip Nom Burgers trying to keep the lights on and feed his hundreds of nyan clones :chick3:

l_5806f4a37d459.jpg l_5806f4a387097.jpg

1 hour ago, Pop pop123 said:

Star Ocean 6 outselling Bayonetta 3 is sending me :skull:.

You’d think the highly publicized viral marketing would help Bayonetta but nope :rip:.

i need to get the new star ocean

so many games :rip:

ot: kirby return to dreamland  is still 60 bucks. surprised?

I can't get into Sparks of Hope. I feel like they somehow simultaneously overcomplicated it and made it too easy. I also HATE the voice lines.

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Tylerbv said:

I can't get into Sparks of Hope. I feel like they somehow simultaneously overcomplicated it and made it too easy. I also HATE the voice lines.

I was wondering when I'd see some SoH reviews in here! Feels like no one is playing it. (Or maybe like me, some people are waiting for a sale after seeing the first game go on sale for $10 all the time :fan:)

Also, I feel like I haven't seen you around for a while! I saw your iconic avi and gasped! :laugh:

6 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

Star Ocean 6 outselling Bayonetta 3 is sending me :skull:.

You’d think the highly publicized viral marketing would help Bayonetta but nope :rip:.

Star Ocean used to be massive in Japan, sis. Their biggest entry did like 724k in Japan and outsold any Bayonetta entry WW on just a PS1. 

The most worrying part is really how far Star Ocean has fallen. Isn’t the debut about 1/3 of the previous entry (physical only)? Meanwhile, Bayonetta is up by 25% and its digital is going to absolutely crush the previous entry’s, meaning it will most likely double Bayonetta 2’s debut.

I’m rooting for Star Ocean because their parent company is probably going to fold if it doesn’t do better. 

6 hours ago, BambiStar said:

It's not looking good if Yokai Watch is a flop even in Japan now. That's what happens when you market exclusively to children! They're fickle and eventually move on. Poor Jibanyan forced to flip Nom Burgers trying to keep the lights on and feed his hundreds of nyan clones :chick3:

l_5806f4a37d459.jpg l_5806f4a387097.jpg

Their issue was the constant releases, constantly changing up the formula and rehashing designs. There were like 100 Jibanyan clones. What they needed to do was keep the spin-offs going (Busters, a grid-one like YW3 and an action RPG for the West like 4) while releasing a mainline entry every two-three years. They could pretty easily revive the franchise, but they’re busy dumping money into Megaton Musashi and the Inazuma Eleven game that’s in development Hell and it isn’t going to work.

2 hours ago, Tylerbv said:

My brother asked me about it and I was like “Yeah, I don’t get to play it that much. Let me see how far I am.” I’m already 5 and 1/2 hours in (which is like a month of gaming for me). I can’t believe how addicted I am. I hope it clicks for you soon.

I would like to see another game with Kingdom Battle’s gameplay. While I love Sparks of Hope, the original was super cool with the two weapons.

16 hours ago, BambiStar said:

It's not looking good if Yokai Watch is a flop even in Japan now

10 hours ago, Eternium said:

Their issue was… rehashing designs

This was the biggest factor tbh. Pokémon NEVER bothered with wasting space on recolours (the closest we had was Nidoran and Marill). 

I just don’t think recolours are exciting and they just give you more names to memorize. Digimon (and Monster Rancher?) were able to succeed with them in their games, but in no way would anyone say they reached the same success as pokemon. 

The frequency of releases made it even harder to have unique mons - they really shot themselves in the foot 

7 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

This was the biggest factor tbh. Pokémon NEVER bothered with wasting space on recolours (the closest we had was Nidoran and Marill). 

I just don’t think recolours are exciting and they just give you more names to memorize. Digimon (and Monster Rancher?) were able to succeed with them in their games, but in no way would anyone say they reached the same success as pokemon. 

The frequency of releases made it even harder to have unique mons - they really shot themselves in the foot 

I would argue that Digimon suffered greatly from the rehashes and color variants. I remember when they would refer to Ranamon in the anime and I always looked for Renamon.

I’m scared Pokemon will start to experience some of it with the stupid regional variants. There’s no reason they couldn’t just have regional cousins to existing Pokemon.

4 minutes ago, Eternium said:

I would argue that Digimon suffered greatly from the rehashes and color variants. I remember when they would refer to Ranamon in the anime and I always looked for Renamon.

I’m scared Pokemon will start to experience some of it with the stupid regional variants. There’s no reason they couldn’t just have regional cousins to existing Pokemon.

The difference there is that they kind of had no choice but to introduce regional variants or something similar. The dex is SO freaking huge now, it’s basically impossible for kids to actually memorize them all (it’s much easier for us adults who learned them 100 monsters at a time). 

I can’t really think of a better way to reduce such a large monster pool while still having enough “new” monsters to satiate fans who have been following the series for 25 years 

6 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

The difference there is that they kind of had no choice but to introduce regional variants or something similar. The dex is SO freaking huge now, it’s basically impossible for kids to actually memorize them all (it’s much easier for us adults who learned them 100 monsters at a time). 

I can’t really think of a better way to reduce such a large monster pool while still having enough “new” monsters to satiate fans who have been following the series for 25 years 

That is fair. I can genuinely say I don’t know most of them past Gen 2, but I guess I would feel differently if I was obsessed with Pokemon at a later point like Gen 8 or 9. 

—————-

Also, just fyi, Persona 5 Royal and Nier Automata are confirmed for Target’s Buy 2, Get 1 Sale.

18 hours ago, Eternium said:

Their issue was the constant releases, constantly changing up the formula and rehashing designs. There were like 100 Jibanyan clones. What they needed to do was keep the spin-offs going (Busters, a grid-one like YW3 and an action RPG for the West like 4) while releasing a mainline entry every two-three years. They could pretty easily revive the franchise, but they’re busy dumping money into Megaton Musashi and the Inazuma Eleven game that’s in development Hell and it isn’t going to work.

8 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

Yeah I have no clue who's dumb idea it was to use palette swaps for padding the Medallium if they were going to churn out sequels so fast. 3 generations worth of Yokai in 3 years and the dex quickly became bloated with unnecessary filler :rip: Recolors should have been just that - "shiny" Yokai that could be found in the crank or rarely in the wild with better abilities or Soultimates, not entirely different mons. Even an icon like Pikachu knew to not overdo it and limit one new clone per Gen, unlike Jibanyan with his legion of copycats.

It's a shame that Level 5 got lucky and somehow blew, as they're quality games. I guess we'll see what happens :matty:

haven't touched Nier in over a week :rip:  ngl but it's struggling to keep my interest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.