Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

5 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

I’m reading spoilers about the ending of Bayo 3 and it’s the most disgusting mess i’ve ever read. I feel like not buying the game after all… :deadbanana4:

Nnn I feel your pain. That ending was a choice. I'll still will play the game but omg what the hell they were thinking. We better get a DLC or something to fix it. :ghostface:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

On 10/26/2022 at 1:35 AM, Attitude said:

I thought Mario Rabbids was a 2023 release? :skull:

It might as well be - its initial sales are pretty low because everyone is waiting for it to go on discount. I personally bought the $100 edition :skull: 

16 hours ago, aayAlex said:

hopefully bayo 3 clock in 1M sells WW :biblionny:

I’m sure it’ll do that on Friday alone. It’ll probably be their first 2M seller.

6 hours ago, Rainy Devil said:

Nnn I feel your pain. That ending was a choice. I'll still will play the game but omg what the hell they were thinking. We better get a DLC or something to fix it. :ghostface:

I have no doubt they’ll pull a DMC and things will just get wilder. I have no idea what the ending is (I’m having a terrible time trying to follow 1’s story), but DMC taught us that the story can always change drastically

I've finished Bayonetta 3 today and here are my thoughts: it's a solid 8.0 game.

The good things:

- the game looks beautiful, it has a very nice variety of locations, with different colors and moods, and the console handles quite nicely

- good variety of game play, with three different characters during the main campaign (as shown in the trailers)

The bad things:

- as said in some reviews, the game release a bit too much on the big monsters that are the new mechanic. It is a bit clunky as the game goes, because the enemies get bigger and bigger as well.

- sometimes it's hard to see what's going on, and yeah, I know it's a Bayonetta game and it is supposed to be chaotic, but with this new mechanic together it is a bit too much sometimes, you are just smashing the controller and hoping that it hits.

- Viola is annoying as hell, and the gameplay is not as smooth, at least not for me. Her witch time timing is a bit different and I guess I didn't learn properly, but it as a ***** to play with her sometimes.

- the story is very dull. :deadbanana4: and I'm not even talking about the ending , which I think it was pretty nice. The whole story is nonsensical, but that applies to other things like movies and games that use the same concept. It just went nowhere.

32 minutes ago, KaledKalil said:

I've finished Bayonetta 3 today and here are my thoughts: it's a solid 8.0 game.

The good things:

- the game looks beautiful, it has a very nice variety of locations, with different colors and moods, and the console handles quite nicely

- good variety of game play, with three different characters during the main campaign (as shown in the trailers)

The bad things:

- as said in some reviews, the game release a bit too much on the big monsters that are the new mechanic. It is a bit clunky as the game goes, because the enemies get bigger and bigger as well.

- sometimes it's hard to see what's going on, and yeah, I know it's a Bayonetta game and it is supposed to be chaotic, but with this new mechanic together it is a bit too much sometimes, you are just smashing the controller and hoping that it hits.

- Viola is annoying as hell, and the gameplay is not as smooth, at least not for me. Her witch time timing is a bit different and I guess I didn't learn properly, but it as a ***** to play with her sometimes.

- the story is very dull. :deadbanana4: and I'm not even talking about the ending , which I think it was pretty nice. The whole story is nonsensical, but that applies to other things like movies and games that use the same concept. It just went nowhere.

agree with some of the critiques but its still by far the best Bayonetta game out of the 3 released so far

by a longshot  

2 hours ago, KaledKalil said:

The good things:

The bad things:

That was quick :ghostface: how many hours did it take you to beat it?

PANNED!

4 hours ago, Rence said:

That was quick :ghostface: how many hours did it take you to beat it?

Around 11 hours, but I didn't do all the side battles. I played as fast as I could since I wanted to avoid all spoilers. :rip:

@ryoncé I prefer Bayo 2, maybe is the nostalgia talking, but I enjoyed that one more.

I don't know if this will be considered spoiler, but my favorite stage and my least favorite are: 

Spoiler

Favorite: 

Paris, the whole thing was do stupid but so much fun :skeleton: the boss battle was amazing, by the time I got to Paris the game really needed some change in the pace and that's exactly what I got. 

Least favorites:

Tokyo was not so great because of a chasing part, that had a lot of slowdown. Also, I don't know why but the camera was locking on those stupid flying things and I kept falling inside the fog during the chase part. The boss battle was not that interesting neither.

Cairo since there was a lot of Viola. 

I still recommend the game either way.

10 hours ago, ryoncé said:

agree with some of the critiques but its still by far the best Bayonetta game out of the 3 released so far

by a longshot  

Ahh not best of the three :jonny6: the acclaim! :jonny:

Bayo3's plot is getting PANNED hard on Reddit. I don't play it, but i can see why after i read the spoilers :rip: plus they waited 8 years for THAT :rip:

2:37:15 - 2:42:55 are the Paris cutscenes and omg, the CHOREO, the CINEMATICS at the end :jonny5: My gay ******* heart can't handle how ******* camp it is, i love it :jonny5: I don't play Bayo, but I ******* love the campy cutscenes :toofunny3: the cutscenes was what made me buy Bayo1 with my own money years ago, but i didn't make it past the early game :skull: felt like mindless button mashing for my amateur ass :dies:

Thumbnail is a massive SPOILER

Should I get Bayonetta 3? :jonny:

It’s been on my radar for months and I literally just finished Xenoblade 3. But the amount of Switch games I want to play is insane cos like there’s Splatoon, Nier, and Persona. Just watched the launch trailer too and it’s really selling me to go get the game IMMEDIATELY.

I finished the 1st Palace of P5R + did my first time in Mementos. I'm surprised that i'm not really enjoying it :emofish: Even when the world opened up to me, I still don't get the hype :rip: My 2 main problems are:

Combat is easy & repetitive. I beat the Palace in 1 day :rip: the only difficulty is SP management. Which is more tedious, than strategic. 

Story seems like XC3 "Good guy good, Bad guy bad" so far :rip: it serves angsty teen writes abt evil adults. The lore serves Jujutsu Kaisen, & i hate JJK.

FE3H copied her mechanic, but i find it to be so much more fun due to the far superior combat + story.

Octopath is a fairer Combat comparison, but it still completely eats P5R too so :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

Have any of you JRPG girlies played the Ys series? :gaycat4:

I just started Ys 1 and am loving it so far. The strange bumping-into-enemies combat system is lowkey addicting once you get used to it.

On 10/30/2022 at 2:58 AM, feelslikeadream said:

Have any of you JRPG girlies played the Ys series? :gaycat4:

I just started Ys 1 and am loving it so far. The strange bumping-into-enemies combat system is lowkey addicting once you get used to it.

Ys 7 in the PSP was my first entry in the series and completely fall in love with it. The combat just gets better the further you get in the series (except YS IX :gaycat4:). A very underrated game by Falcom along side the Trails series :WAP:

On 10/30/2022 at 1:27 AM, Magickarp said:

I finished the 1st Palace of P5R + did my first time in Mementos. I'm surprised that i'm not really enjoying it :emofish: Even when the world opened up to me, I still don't get the hype :rip: My 2 main problems are:

Combat is easy & repetitive. I beat the Palace in 1 day :rip: the only difficulty is SP management. Which is more tedious, than strategic. 

Story seems like XC3 "Good guy good, Bad guy bad" so far :rip: it serves angsty teen writes abt evil adults. The lore serves Jujutsu Kaisen, & i hate JJK.

FE3H copied her mechanic, but i find it to be so much more fun due to the far superior combat + story.

Octopath is a fairer Combat comparison, but it still completely eats P5R too so :rip:

You'll get more options in combat later on especially once you can fuse Personas. But the story pacing seems to stay the same (clear Palace in 2-3 days then the rest is spent building your confidants or socials stats) I'm having fun with it though. I have about 60+ hours already. :gaycat4:

51 minutes ago, DanceFreak said:

You'll get more options in combat later on especially once you can fuse Personas. But the story pacing seems to stay the same (clear Palace in 2-3 days then the rest is spent building your confidants or socials stats) I'm having fun with it though. I have about 60+ hours already. :gaycat4:

Do u wanna **** Ryuji :gaycat4:

On 10/30/2022 at 1:27 AM, Magickarp said:

SMT V’s battle gameplay outsold :gaycat4:

5 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Do u wanna **** Ryuji :gaycat4:

No, he's annoying :gaycat4: There are better male confidants later :gaycat4:

• ATRL Moderator
12 minutes ago, arceus said:

Bayonetta 3

jrAroca.gif 

I like to meme about Bayonetta being bad, but there's no way we're calling an 88 Metacritic score a "critical failure" :gaycat6:

9 hours ago, DanceFreak said:

Ys 7 in the PSP was my first entry in the series and completely fall in love with it. The combat just gets better the further you get in the series (except YS IX :gaycat4:). A very underrated game by Falcom along side the Trails series :WAP:

Slay! I'm really looking forward to VII tbh. I just figured I would start at the beginning since 1 & 2 were on sale on Steam for $3. I really liked 1 a lot, but now I'm on the final boss and it is literally the most difficult battle I've ever played in a game in my entire life :gaycat7:

1 hour ago, arceus said:

Bayonetta 3

jrAroca.gif 

Bayonetta 1 - 2M (360 & PS3)

Bayonetta 1 - 170k (PC)

Bayonetta 1 - ? (Switch)

Bayonetta 2 - ~300k in two months (Wii U)

Bayonetta 2+1 - 1.04M (Switch)

Bayonetta 3 

Switch is already the biggest platform for the franchise ever and it seems pretty clear that Bayo 3 will easily outdo 1M. It’s looking at a 50k launch in Japan.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.