Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

6 hours ago, znake said:

i hope Nintendo fix the damn servers for Splatoon :'(

how are they worst than splatoon 1 and 2??

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

6 hours ago, aayAlex said:

I get a lot of error connection :'( , my Ps5 online and Mario Kart online remain unbothered 

Who do we think are the last 2 strikers for Mario Strikers? I guess Bowser Jr. is a given. But the last slot?

Also, i really dont like Pauline. She doesnt have that Mario personality for me. Just a human singer...

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Marco_g2 said:

Who do we think are the last 2 strikers for Mario Strikers? I guess Bowser Jr. is a given. But the last slot?

Also, i really dont like Pauline. She doesnt have that Mario personality for me. Just a human singer...

Do Mario characters have personalities? :toofunny2: How would you describe Yoshi's personality? Perpetually happy? What about Rosalina? Kind? I think every character can be summed up in one or two adjectives.

Except Birdo, the multifaceted trans icon who has shown more range across her career than any of these other girlies

spacer.png

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Do Mario characters have personalities? :toofunny2: How would you describe Yoshi's personality? Perpetually happy? What about Rosalina? Kind? I think every character can be summed up in one or two adjectives.

Except Birdo, the multifaceted trans icon who has shown more range across her career than any of these other girlies

spacer.png

I mean most of them are fantasy creatures, the Bros. are the Bros.

Peach is a princess, Rosalina is a space princess

But Pauline (Daisy too) are just... humans? 

Is anyone here rank S+ or higher in Splatoon 3? 
I want people to grind with that aren’t literal single brain cell having m*r*ns. 
I know how to play every mode. I was rank X in Splatoon 2 (not sure why we have to grind again but ok).

Went to a local game shop looking for Kirby Planet Robobot, but no luck :emofish:

I did manage to snag a physical copy of Switch Ace Attorney Trilogy so hello! let's celebrate that

10 minutes ago, BambiStar said:

I did manage to snag a physical copy of Switch Ace Attorney Trilogy so hello! let's celebrate that

Amazing games :clap3:

Okay, listen to me. For some reason, I can't stop thinking of Shin Megami Tensei V lately. I guess it's because it's getting cold and it reminds me of the times when it was released. 

The post-apocalyptic atmosphere, the BSO, the exploring, the monsters and fusions, the customization, the story... it's so ******* underrated. :jonny: 

As soon as I'm done with Digimon Survive, I'm doing the New Game+ in hard mode :jonny:  I'm buying the DLC content as well so that I have another reason to replay the whole thing and experience new stuff :duca: 

On 9/26/2022 at 6:04 PM, aayAlex said:

how are we 3 games in and still dealing with this 

and the fact we still only have 2 voicelines :deadbanana4:

these devs are hardheaded :rip: 

2 glowing reviews :jonny5: + someone got his game shipped early and posted the early game looking great. Ah i can't wait to finally play this, then XC3 DLC & Persona. October is packedT.

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/13323-nier-automata-for-switch-is-a-miracle-port

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

2 glowing reviews :jonny5: + someone got his game shipped early and posted the early game looking great. Ah i can't wait to finally play this, than XC3 DLC & Persona. October is packedT.

https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/13323-nier-automata-for-switch-is-a-miracle-port

I'm so excited :WAP: Hope it leaks :gayorkcat2:

Splatoon 3 has a dab emote

Thoughts

10 hours ago, Magickarp said:

2 glowing reviews :jonny5: + someone got his game shipped early and posted the early game looking great. Ah i can't wait to finally play this, than XC3 DLC & Persona. October is packedT.

We also have Mario & Rabbids and Bayonetta 3. And the physical version for Bayonetta.

After Tears of the Kingdom comes out, I may consider Switch to be up there with PS1, PS2, SNES and GB. No wonder it’s absolutely annihilating the competition :jonny5: 

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Eternium said:

No wonder it’s absolutely annihilating the competition :jonny5: 

Is it? You haven't posted hardware sales in a while so idk how it's doing :gaycat6: How are lifetime sales tracking alongside PS2? I remember that debate back in the day....

a miracle port :jonny5: from 50GB to 10GB

6 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Is it? You haven't posted hardware sales in a while so idk how it's doing :gaycat6: How are lifetime sales tracking alongside PS2? I remember that debate back in the day....

It’s at 111.08M (as of June 30th, 2022). They’ll post an update in November where it will be around 115M and an update in February where it will be at 125M. 

It literally all comes down to when Nintendo releases a successor, but Switch is already bigger as a gaming console than PS2 ever was - PS2 just had even more massive sales because it was an incredibly cheap DVD player. The Switch’s top games list absolutely destroys the PS2’s, Nintendo DS’s, PS4’s and GameBoy’s.

Hmmmm... I'm thinking of buying Nier Automata for Switch since next week is also my birthday. I've never played this game before nor any game from this franchise (are there more games? lol). Hope I'm not disappointed! :duca: 

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, Eternium said:

It’s at 111.08M (as of June 30th, 2022). They’ll post an update in November where it will be around 115M and an update in February where it will be at 125M. 

Hmm, 125M by next Feb :huh: If that's true and they don't put out the Super Switch for a couple more years, maybe they could surpass the PS2. But it seems like an uphill battle at this point given that the Switch will be out for 5 years by then and we've had games from all the major IPs. I wonder if there's a game/feature that would encourage a big spike in hardware sales.... Other than Birdo's Adventure, of course :gayorkcat1:

45 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Hmmmm... I'm thinking of buying Nier Automata for Switch since next week is also my birthday. I've never played this game before nor any game from this franchise (are there more games? lol). Hope I'm not disappointed! :duca: 

There's one game that came before it called NieR, which was remastered a few years ago under the title NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... NieR Automata is technically a direct sequel to Replicant, but it has a mostly new cast. It's the kind of situation where playing the first game will enhance your understanding of what's going on in Automata, but it isn't necessary.

I just played Replicant earlier this year (on PS5) and loved it. I even replayed it the 5-6 times necessary to get every ending (and the platinum trophy) :toofunny3:

Not gonna lie, I thought Nier was a bit boring. :rip: I played around one hour back when I had a PS4 and I ended up selling my copy, it really didn't catch my attention at all. 

I might give it another chance now that's on Switch tho, maybe I'll change my opinion playing a bit more but I'm not holding my breath.

My next game on the Switch :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

My next game on the Switch :jonnycat:

I'm sorry sis but this post has me screaming :ahh:

You saying it's your next game made me think this was gonna be a positive review, but in the first two minutes they are DRAGGING Miss Diofield.

"It ends up feeling like, at best, a generic version of its inspirations."

"It's often difficult to work with the controls."

"Even the characters who end up having unexpected or interesting roles to play in the unfolding tale end up coming across a bit dull."

"The world of DioField feels like anyone's first try making up a whole new setting for a Dungeons & Dragons."

"The voice direction leaves a lot to be desired, with many important conversations let down by stiff and unenergetic deliveries. While each member of the main cast has a complex and interesting backstory and motivations, the way the English dialogue is written doesn't always come across as very authentic."

Did this review inspire you to play it? :toofunny3:

22 hours ago, Eternium said:

It literally all comes down to when Nintendo releases a successor, but Switch is already bigger as a gaming console than PS2 ever was - PS2 just had even more massive sales because it was an incredibly cheap DVD player. The Switch’s top games list absolutely destroys the PS2’s, Nintendo DS’s, PS4’s and GameBoy’s.

I think it will be 125-128M by March 2023

142- 146M by March 2024 

160M by March 2025 

170M final sales 

29 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I'm sorry sis but this post has me screaming :ahh:

You saying it's your next game made me think this was gonna be a positive review, but in the first two minutes they are DRAGGING Miss Diofield.

"It ends up feeling like, at best, a generic version of its inspirations."

"It's often difficult to work with the controls."

"Even the characters who end up having unexpected or interesting roles to play in the unfolding tale end up coming across a bit dull."

"The world of DioField feels like anyone's first try making up a whole new setting for a Dungeons & Dragons."

"The voice direction leaves a lot to be desired, with many important conversations let down by stiff and unenergetic deliveries. While each member of the main cast has a complex and interesting backstory and motivations, the way the English dialogue is written doesn't always come across as very authentic."

Did this review inspire you to play it? :toofunny3:

I don't think he actually watched the review. Going by his history of avi choices i think Ms. Galaxy watches YT on mute :sistrens:

22 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Hmm, 125M by next Feb :huh: If that's true and they don't put out the Super Switch for a couple more years, maybe they could surpass the PS2. But it seems like an uphill battle at this point given that the Switch will be out for 5 years by then and we've had games from all the major IPs. I wonder if there's a game/feature that would encourage a big spike in hardware sales.... Other than Birdo's Adventure, of course :gayorkcat1:

7 hours ago, znake said:

I think it will be 125-128M by March 2023

142- 146M by March 2024 

160M by March 2025 

170M final sales 

So far the last few quarters, it has done:

Q1: 3.43M (April-June 2022)

Q4: 4.11M (January-March 2022)

Q3: 10.67M (October-December 2021)

Q2: 3.83M (July-September 2021)

Q1: 4.85M (April-June 2021)

This Q2 it will probably be on-par if not a little up since it was having shipment issues in Q1 2022. And holiday should be around 10M with a new Pokémon Switch coming.

As for franchises, we still have 2D Mario, 3D Metroid and Donkey Kong that need new entries. But what will really keep the Switch selling is the lack of PS5 and XSX availability, pushing regular consumers into the Switch. And with a line-up that keeps getting bigger and better, it’s bound to be the most successful console ever (even if it doesn’t move more units than PS2/DS).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.