Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

Still no Twilight Princess/WW port :deadbanana4:

all that potential money they’re not making for simply uploading already HD remakes to the shop and putting it on a cartridge :deadbanana4:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

No one cares about BOTW2 where tf is Battle Network Collection release date?

If it wasn't announced now it's not coming Q1 2023 :redface: I'm over

Wait apparently Capcom is participating in the Tokyo Game Show :alexz3: MMBN info on Sept 15th!

everyone hating the FE game, it's going to be good i fear :gaycat:

So are the past characters in Fire Emblem Engage gonna be like how demons/personas are in SMT? fjfkfkdkdkd :deadbanana2: I'll wait till the second trailer to decide if I like it or not

Fire Emblem Engage taking some inspiration from Persona and Genshin Impact but not from Three Houses is kind of a gag :deadbanana:

I like the way Engage looks but I can see why some might not be into it cause even the adult characters have this weird child like look to them. It's weird cause it's a new mainline game but its also like a fan service anniversary title so it feels like a spin off?

but just from the trailer it looks miles better than 3H in terms of presentation. 3H was one ugly ass game

the only returning FE:Engage hero i know is Byleth M, and not once did i play as his ugly ass design :deadbanana: she won't come close to outselling FE3H i fear :fan:

2 hours ago, Rence said:

Fire Emblem Engage taking some inspiration from Persona and Genshin Impact but not from Three Houses is kind of a gag :deadbanana:

IS: makes a game which finally has nuanced characters, multiple justified sides, and a thematic story about the necessity and struggle of war.

Game: becomes the best selling Fire Emblem of all time.

IS: so, what the people really want is bland characters, good vs evil, and more fan service than story.

14 hours ago, GodControl said:

Maybe I will! I've heard nothing but good things. Gotta treat yourself sometimes ;) :WAP:

:jonny5: Don't listen to the few :clown: trashing it. They probably spent most of the time walking around / wondering what to do and gave up. lol.  It's a fantastic game and there's a reason why it's rated so highly.

19 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

But SAME. Why was that trailer so short? :chick2: Something fishy is going on. I bet they'll delay it to fall and then have next year's E3 focus on it.

I don't think so tbh. They wouldn't have given us a date if they plan to push it back. or the date is uncertain The game must be finished if they give us a date this early. Nintendo always just says "Spring 2023" or "Early 2023" etc. until like 3-4 month prior to the release date so for them to communicate the exact day now must mean that they are only doing bug fixes now.

I think there will probably be another Event/Direct in like January/February where they drop the big story trailer as it is still quite early for a big trailer. Probably in combination with a Nintendo Treehouse Event where they drop some gameplay. I could imagine another short trailer at the Game Awards this December tbh.

If they have a big focus on anything on E3 next year I think it will be Metroid Prime 4 (if it finally sees the light) or they will have a new Mario 3D game lined up for the holidays that will be their focus then. 

Ya'll do to much on Fire Emblem Engage. I think it doesn't look too bad. A bit generic yes, a bit more clean which is nice. There seems to be a hub world again so you will get that from 3H and the rest is yet to be seen. I think it has potential.

I haven't even taken the time to read people's opinions or to give mine. Overall I think it was a terrible direct. Probably the weakest one of the Switch era but... I am satisfied with it as I got a name + date for Zelda and Pikmin 4 got announced :jonny:

Could have sworn ds3 was on the switch :deadvision:

• ATRL Moderator

Fire Emblem Engage sounds like a mobile PvP game. Worst title in the series :redface:

15 hours ago, Rence said:

Why is it still called BOTW sequel in the thread title :thing:

Because I don't acknowledge the real title. Worst in the Zelda series tbh :redface:

"TOTK" is already iconic :jonny5:  joins ATLA, BOTW and etc. as iconic 4 letter acronyms :clap3:

Engage is horrible name-wise, the graphics are ok, i hated 3H's graphics but the game was still fire 

6 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Because I don't acknowledge the real title. Worst in the Zelda series tbh :redface:

You still have 8 months to accept it :redface:

Omg all these analysis from YouTubers are cringe as hell. ???

Edit: also wtf I thought it was obvious tears of the kingdom were the tears of the kingdom of the Zonai. ??? 

am I in the minority?!? All the Zonai dragon imagery is a dead giveaway. And also the sky loft areas seem to be the place where the dragons disappear to when you see them leave in breath of the wild. Ugh. I guess I’m no better than these YouTubers. 

Edited by Antonini

Ok girlies I know we’re still on that Nintendo Direct high but I’m coming in to say that despite my delay behind half the Nintendo base, I finally completed the main story of XC3 today after 128 hours. Here is my dramatic essay of thoughts that no one cares about :chick1:

In those 128 hours I explored an incredible world and learned to love this cast of 6 characters more than probably any other game I’ve ever played.

I completed all the hero and ascension quests available to me as well as all the standard quests I found while exploring before taking on the final boss. It has been such an incredible journey. 

Comparing to XC1, 2, Torna and FC, I think overall XC3 did it and managed to inch it’s way into being my favourite. It’s definitely the one I spent the most time in for the main game, and I think that’s because I just loved being lost in Aionios so much. 

In terms of pros and cons, starting with story I think it was actually the weakest of the 3 games, with XC1 still winning for me. The evil baddies didn’t seem to have any real motivation, and any that they did have was explained with such hand-wavey contrived nonchalance that it actually took away from my enjoyment of the game. For character development, I think this game excelled in giving a strong focus to each of the main 6 in a better way than both 1 and 2. I think that 2 might still have the better character growth over all, but the whole party gets their fair share of moments here which was much more enjoyable than just giving it to a select few. Also the NPCs in this game were so memorable. Nico is my queen. :jonnycat:

Next, combat. The battle system was fun and chain attacks were addictive as hell. I loved interlinking and fusion arts. Everything introduced here was great. Torna and XC2 still win here

with bursting those damn orbs, but XC3 is totally exceptional in its own right. 

So if XC3 doesn’t win in any of my thoughts why is it my favourite? I think it’s really because I had the most fun time of the 3 games with this one. Overall, the gameplay in XC3 is the best and when it comes to a game that’s what’s most important to me. It didn’t have many edge of my seat twists and turns, and it didn’t have the most engaging combat that I got addicted to, but it was just darn fun for all those hours and I absolutely never got bored. That’s what a game should aim to do - ENTERTAIN :bird:

Definitely my GOTY, and while I am a bit miffed at how awful the story was handled and unravelled I think I’m more upset thinking about what could have been instead of upset about what we actually got. I feel like if they put a bit more into explaining exactly what the hell was going on (and in non anime “THE FUTURE” speech), and made some villains with true motivation it would have gone a long way to making the game perfect. 

I think that’s it for my thoughts. She’s a kii. She’s a mpg. We stan. XC3 you are the new main b*tch. 

I’ll end my essay with this final spoilery thought that summarizes my feelings best:

Spoiler

For f*cks sake WHO THE HELL IS Z. Is Z supposed to be Zanza or not!?!?!? Like who the f*ck is this h*e??? It’s the most frustrating thing in this damn game. So much mystery for 130 hours and no resolution. F*ck me. I’m glad N and M blew up his ugly b*tch a*s face. He can rot in hell. Also I cried like a little b*tch when the cast ran towards each other at the end. I thought I could make it through this game without getting emotional but they got me at the last second. Well played Monolith. Well played.   :clap3:

Edit - 

WAITTTTTT NOT 

Spoiler

Melia and Nia

AS POSTGAME HEROES. FINALLY :WAP:

Edited by youreyesgocold

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

I’ll end my essay with this final spoilery thought that summarizes my feelings best:

Truly the worst villain I've seen in years :rip: And it only gets worse as the game progresses. Rather than clarifying motives at the end (as many games do), the final battle only makes things more confusing :toofunny3:

5 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

In terms of pros and cons, starting with story I think it was actually the weakest of the 3 games, with XC1 still winning for me. The evil baddies didn’t seem to have any real motivation, and any that they did have was explained with such hand-wavey contrived nonchalance that it actually took away from my enjoyment of the game.

WAITTTTTT NOT 

Reveal hidden contents

Melia and Nia

surprised u like the Orbs more :lakitu: those were so complicated to remember :toofunny3:

u spilt, all the villains sucked, but the final villain was like the culmination of it :rip: also like these villains literally had a cannon that could evaporate a mountain, & multiple cracked abilities like preventing you from breathing, & yet... :rip: i'm surprised u still stan cuz when u were posting abt C6 in my head i was thinking "girl it only gets worse" :dies: C7 is literally the WORST chapter.

• the shoehorned Noah Ascension quest with the most predictable villain with the most cringe convictions
  • the padding Origin Ore fetch quest 
  • the horrible Origin dungeon, a literal hallway compared to the World Tree
  • the god awful nonsensical final villain  & the 2 hour fight  not cuz it was hard either, they just needed to make the enemy invincible so the cast could individually repeat the message of the story OVER & OVER & OVER.

onto the end/post game

OMG i never played XC1 but Melia is that *****

:jonny5: i love the way she says "& now starlight kick"  during her chain orders, literal ASMR :jonny5:

surprised u didn't mention CHADREX once :toofunny3: i didn't care for NoahMio running towards each other cuz i found them so bland, but seeing ChadRex, & Poppi bursting out, & Nia & Poppi's cute ass smiles made me :weeps:

7 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Truly the worst villain I've seen in years :rip: And it only gets worse as the game progresses. Rather than clarifying motives at the end (as many games do), the final battle only makes things more confusing :toofunny3:

Spoiler

“What you see over there is not Z or Moebius, but a single intense desire. Your thoughts… they can never effect a desire” 

…b*tch WHAT?? :swan: Truly TRAGIC. Words for the sake of words thrown at a dart board and nothing of true substance :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, Magickarp said:

i'm surprised u still stan cuz when u were posting abt C6 in my head i was thinking "girl it only gets worse" :dies: C7 is literally the WORST chapter.

No no it’s true you SPILLED with your list. It was actually abysmal, but as I said in terms of gameplay I just had way too much fun with this game to hate it for being nonsensical :hoetenks: it’s giving mental illness I know. Drag me, you have every right. 

Spoiler

OMG i never played XC1 but Melia is that *****

Spoiler

Ugh she’s honestly amazing in XC1 too. I love her. She’s the focus of FC as well which was so great - more time with the literal QUEEN. Tragically, she’s impossible to understand how to control in that game, and the AI is abysmal at using her too :monkey:

All the main XC h*es say she’s the best character to play as (and she’s basically mandatory to play as for some boss fights), but I could absolutely NEVER get the hang of it :rip:

Spoiler

seeing ChadRex, & Poppi bursting out, & Nia & Poppi's cute ass smiles made me :weeps:

Spoiler

NO NO BUT ACTUALLY seeing poppy did have me in all my feels. She runs out so cutely and her and Nia exchanging that look was so wholesome, it was truly a MOMENT. :monkey:

But when the camera panned to the photograph and I realized Rex literally manifested “I love you…  and ALL YOU GUYS!!! :juanny:” into reality, I was WAYYY too busy dying from laughter and cringing to take that photo seriously :redface: Not my toddler Rex becoming the new star of Sisterwives on TLC :deadbanana4:

(Also why did Morag look like Noah in that photograph??? It confused the hell out of me and I had to do a double take to realize it was her instead)

:hoetenks:

On 9/13/2022 at 3:47 PM, Magickarp said:

ASFJDLZGDSFK OCTOPATH TRAVELER 2  @arceus 

& it looks like the same 8 lovable characters are all returning, this is the best case scenario :WAP: 

9PL2apa.png

they banned me during the direct :rip:

anyway WE  WILL BE PLAYIING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.