Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

Correct me if I’m wrong but what turned me off of XC3 was the combat system and the lack of learning new artes when leveling up. None of the classes were initially pulling me and the idea that none of them got new moves for leveling up just left a sour taste in my mouth. Plus i didn’t love the

Spoiler

Ouruboros feature and didn’t think it brought anything exciting to the combat either. 

Maybe i just had to high expectations but I’ve been distracted with cult of the lamb and bravely default 2 for weeks now :gaycat5:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

1 hour ago, Twilish said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but what turned me off of XC3 was the combat system and the lack of learning new artes when leveling up. None of the classes were initially pulling me and the idea that none of them got new moves for leveling up just left a sour taste in my mouth. Plus i didn’t love the

Reveal hidden contents

Ouruboros feature and didn’t think it brought anything exciting to the combat either. 

Maybe i just had to high expectations but I’ve been distracted with cult of the lamb and bravely default 2 for weeks now :gaycat5:

I see what you’re saying, but in xc3 you learn new artes from levelling up the classes instead of the character… so long as you keep switching classes when you hit rank 10, the master arts list for each char becomes HUGE (and even bigger when you start completing ascension quests and increasing classes to rank 20). I think if you’re playing to find the best class for each character during the main campaign, you’re kind of playing wrong so to speak. I don’t think you really need to care about what class each character is until you start facing the super bosses in post game (at least, I haven’t had to and I haven’t struggled with any battles really except high level UMs). So long as you have a balance of attackers, defenders, and healers the actual classes don’t seem to matter much for the story battles. 

But if the combat didn’t grab you by the time you unlocked interlinking then I suppose there isn’t much else to sell you on (unless someone further than me has any tea about other systems that might unlock post ch5). 

Edited by youreyesgocold

On 8/21/2022 at 11:25 PM, Magickarp said:

Just beat the Tyrannotitan Kurodil of XC3 on Normal :jonny5: 

Just beat him again but on HARD :jonny5: it was actually easier with my new team :deadbanana2: there's no reason to farm the Lvl 10 Gems huh :toofunny3:

Made FMJ Eunie even more cracked :jonny5: she's now my SMASHer :jonny5: ***** hit 9,999,999 dmg multiple times :deadvision: Also hit 23M chain dmg today on Normal, & 18M on Hard. I changed Lanz's class back to War Medic too for diversity & cuz i like the weapon look more. 

For some reason I fully thought Soul Hacker's 2 would be on the Switch but I guess I was wrong nnnnn :deadbanana2:

That being said, since it's what everyone's talking about here, is XC3 worth it for someone that's into SMT, KH, and Final Fantasy type JRPGs? I've never played the other Xenoblade games, but I've seen a playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and I wasn't sure if I liked it

Edited by bluevelvetcrowbar

Ironically unrelated to the above comment, I just unlocked

Spoiler

Triton and the soul hacker class

in XC3 and I am PISSED that it didn’t automatically enable all the arts/skills from the UMs I’ve already defeated. The way half the menu says “Rematch”. So annoying :grump:

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

Ironically unrelated to the above comment, I just unlocked

Reveal hidden contents

Triton and the soul hacker class

in XC3 and I am PISSED that it didn’t automatically enable all the arts/skills from the UMs I’ve already defeated. The way half the menu says “Rematch”. So annoying :grump:

I avoided all UM until that point because I felt like you didn't get anything for fighting them :michael: So I actually was pleasantly surprised there was finally a reason to fight them :lmao:

I have preordered Splatoon 3 :sistrens::heart2: 

bayonetta 3 , rabbids 2 and Pokémon violet are next 

my Poor Wallet !!

Edited by znake

The way Sena has absolutely 0 personality so her ascension quest is actually all about about Ghonder, I'm SCREAMING :deadbanana2:

10 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I avoided all UM until that point because I felt like you didn't get anything for fighting them :michael: So I actually was pleasantly surprised there was finally a reason to fight them :lmao:

Ugh the way you won. The incentive before to battle them was that you get CP and EXP multipliers for beating them, so it made it easier to rank up classes by fighting them. But that’s not worth the drama now having to rematch them all. 

It wouldn’t be that bad if it let you quick travel from the same menu to their graves, but it doesn’t which results in the most convoluted system ever. 

Open Heroes menu > press y > press y again > scroll through and search for a rematch monster > remember the name and area > back out to map menu > search for the marked grave with that name across all the marked graves on that map > quick travel > fight > repeat for every monster

Its so damn annoying. Like if you already know I have the marked grave (because you can show it’s a rematch), why can’t I just quick travel from the same menu that shows the name and location? Or just auto unlock those as I said before :grump:

4 hours ago, D.Va said:

The way Sena has absolutely 0 personality so her ascension quest is actually all about about Ghonder, I'm SCREAMING :deadbanana2:

I haven’t gotten there yet but this is sending me :bibliahh: 

Where are all those users who were saying she was the mpg and had so much development??? Still haven’t seen any. Idolizing Mio is not a personality :deadbanana4:

Edited by youreyesgocold

are we ready for Denuvo to **** the performance up :lakitu:

For those of y'all that completed XC3 did u find

chapter 7 to be the worst :rip: 

• the shoehorned Noah Ascension quest with the most predictable villain with the most cringe convictions
  • the padding Origin Ore fetch quest 
  • the horrible Origin dungeon, a literal hallway compared to the World Tree
  • the god awful nonsensical final villain :pukey: & the 2 hour fight :toofunny3: not cuz it was hard either, they just needed to make the enemy invincible so the cast could individually repeat the message of the story OVER & OVER & OVER.

anws the PERSONALITY, the ICONGRAPHY

6 hours ago, Magickarp said:

anws the PERSONALITY, the ICONGRAPHY

XC3 wishes. :jonny6:

I wish I could reply to the first part of your post but I haven’t played the game in forever. I’m at the end of chapter 6 and have no interest in finishing the game. :rip: Even watching the cutscenes on Youtube sounds like a slog at this point. Apparently the final chapter is utter garbage and I already felt like that about most of the game, so yeah… :gaycat6:

The straights really bullied Monolith into sucking the life out of the game and they’re eating the blandness up.

Whew the fight at the end of Chapter 9 in Triangle Strategy wrecked me. 

Game is great still very much enjoying it. 

So I picked up my Splatoon Nintendo Switch. I haven't had the chance to open it since I've been busy all day but I will when I get home. 

Now I have to sell my white SWOLED. :rip:

im so excited for tomorrows Splatfest :gaycat5:  

I skipped Splatoon 2, but im ready for Splatoon 3 :foxaylove2:

Omgggg playing Splatoon 3 and the memories :jonny5:

Thinking of selling my Splatoon 2 copy. The cartridge doesn't work properly anyway :fan:

I’m a bit disappointed with Splatoon 3. It’s not really gripping my attention. 

Team paper is winning all the matches :sistrens: I’m glad to be part of it 

Xeno 3 Chapter 6 

Shows N massacre an entire city.

Mio: No one can truly judge him for what he did.

vCTPekG.gif

I finally finished xc3 ch5 and the intro to ch6 and I’m so overwhelmed…

Spoiler

So the last thing I saw before shutting off was Shania’s suicide. 

I am SO lost in this game now. How tf was XC2 (as convoluted as it was with so many world building terms to understand) easier to follow than this game???

What I got was: N and M are Noah and Mio, but also not (??). N and M relived their lives in cycles under control of Moebius just as our heroes (but retained their memories maybe???), but N got sick of the bs and switched sides to stay with M forever. Ok cute. 

What I didn’t get is a way longer list…

How tf are there two sets of Noah and Mio? Did N and M already become Ouroboros before when they found the stone? Are they a pair of the originals with the statues in the city? Why doesn’t Monica or any other person in the city ever mention this/their resemblance?

How did M switch bodies with Mio? I thought she just controlled consciousnesses?? (Also was there actually any gameplay effect when battling her? Taion said to watch his origami to see who was under her spell but they never did anything for me so I just kept attacking her :deadbanana4:). 

Are the Origin Sword and Lucky 7 two names for the same thing? Did I miss that in earlier story beats? 

How are there 2 origin swords? What does it even do in the world other than being strong (and it’s gameplay effects)?

What tf was Shania’s logic? Her motivations made no sense. Also why the heck was Sena remorseful for her? They had 5 seconds of (awkward) dialogue and that was it  

Why could Mio and Noah interlink before breaking X’s staff???

What the hell is Miah’s kid’s name? It’s obviously a key character or something because they avoided saying it. If it turns out to be someone we already know or it’s something dumb or senseless I’ll get triggered.

Was the person in the cloak in Noah’s visions his son? (Is that still technically his and Mio’s son or only N’s and M’s son???)

Where’s the spawn child now???

Who the heck is Z? Is that supposed to be Zanza (XC1/2)? How are we this far into the game and the cast still hasn’t met him yet??

Ugh so many questions and literally 0 answers.

2 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

I finally finished xc3 ch5 and the intro to ch6 and I’m so overwhelmed…

Hide contents

So the last thing I saw before shutting off was Shania’s suicide. 

I am SO lost in this game now. How tf was XC2 (as convoluted as it was with so many world building terms to understand) easier to follow than this game???

What I got was: N and M are Noah and Mio, but also not (??). N and M relived their lives in cycles under control of Moebius just as our heroes (but retained their memories maybe???), but N got sick of the bs and switched sides to stay with M forever. Ok cute. 

What I didn’t get is a way longer list…

How tf are there two sets of Noah and Mio? Did N and M already become Ouroboros before when they found the stone? Are they a pair of the originals with the statues in the city? Why doesn’t Monica or any other person in the city ever mention this/their resemblance?

How did M switch bodies with Mio? I thought she just controlled consciousnesses?? (Also was there actually any gameplay effect when battling her? Taion said to watch his origami to see who was under her spell but they never did anything for me so I just kept attacking her :deadbanana4:). 

Are the Origin Sword and Lucky 7 two names for the same thing? Did I miss that in earlier story beats? 

How are there 2 origin swords? What does it even do in the world other than being strong (and it’s gameplay effects)?

What tf was Shania’s logic? Her motivations made no sense. Also why the heck was Sena remorseful for her? They had 5 seconds of (awkward) dialogue and that was it  

Why could Mio and Noah interlink before breaking X’s staff???

What the hell is Miah’s kid’s name? It’s obviously a key character or something because they avoided saying it. If it turns out to be someone we already know or it’s something dumb or senseless I’ll get triggered.

Was the person in the cloak in Noah’s visions his son? (Is that still technically his and Mio’s son or only N’s and M’s son???)

Where’s the spawn child now???

Who the heck is Z? Is that supposed to be Zanza (XC1/2)? How are we this far into the game and the cast still hasn’t met him yet??

Ugh so many questions and literally 0 answers.

SPILL, switching bodies =/= controlled conscious :deadbanana2: and M also takes the same damage from the controlled person. Yet Mio dying did nothing :deadbanana2: And the way Taion pulled that strategy out of his damn ass :deadbanana4: how did his paper randomly have the ability to sense her :deadbanana4:

YAS :jonny5: the Shania thing was the WORST my god. Sena's Ascension quest made me like Shania a lil more, but still her motivations are so ridiculous :deadbanana2: her suicide was the "jumping the shark"  & "straw that broke the camels back" moment for me. I was like OK u overdramatic *****. I was already done with all the BS before, but the suicide did it :deadbanana2:

Most people consider the end of C5 - start of C6 to be the XC3 peak :rip: can't wait to read your thoughts on C6 & C7 :lakitu:

3 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Most people consider the end of C5 - start of C6 to be the XC3 peak :rip: can't wait to read your thoughts on C6 & C7 :lakitu:

Thanks for your comments validating everything I thought was dumb.

I kind of hated Ch5’s ending and the revelations we got because they’re so out of left field and contrived. :deadbanana4: 

The way we’re consistently on the same wavelength regarding both the plot and the men :thing:. But yeah I’ll be sure to supply my thoughts when I finish the next two chapters 

Using a separate comment so this doesn’t get lost in my xc3 ramblings…

I realized I never shared my switch fc in here. If anyone wants to add me, please feel free :chick1:

SW-6936-2036-1022

(Also not really Nintendo but on PSN I am REChambers)

i wanted to do the splatoon 3 thing but cba :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.