Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

On 8/21/2022 at 2:09 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Entirely pointless and not fun. A terror.

Did you happen to notice 

Spoiler

the nopon that could trigger rain for $10k a short walk away from the crops?

Thank the Lordttt I found that, because if I had to spawn in and out to try and trigger it manually I would have gone even more insane  :deadbanana4:

Sidebar but does any one actually enjoy exploring the Erythia Sea??? This is the worst freaking area in the game I swear. 

Spoiler

The titanic moves so freaking slow and barely fills in any of the map as it moves. It’s so draining trying to find each island to explore them - and if you leave the boat and travel far enough it respawns all the way back in the Swordmarch docks :grump:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

are you guys STILL talking about XC3??

Here GIF - Here Lady Gaga You Guys Are Still Here - Discover & Share GIFs

why do we know 0 1st party games for the next year except for the obvious?

34 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Did you happen to notice 

Hide contents

the nopon that could trigger rain for $10k a short walk away from the crops?

Thank the Lordttt I found that, because if I had to spawn in and out to try and trigger it manually I would have gone even more insane  :deadbanana4:

Sidebar but does any one actually enjoy exploring the Erythia Sea??? This is the worst freaking area in the game I swear. 

Hide contents

The titanic moves so freaking slow and barely fills in any of the map as it moves. It’s so draining trying to find each island to explore them - and if you leave the boat and travel far enough it respawns all the way back in the Swordmarch docks :grump:

Zeon's is the worst Ascension quest. I posted it in a spoiler tag back then too. I was already burnt out doing 4 fetch ascension quests that day, but when i got to the rain part a blood vessel must've popped cuz i stopped playing :dies: and that Nopon literally failed the first time i paid him and i wanted to kick that little **** off the cliff :toofunny3: I've done all but 2 ascensions. Can't be bothered with them since their classes are quite literally useless. 

Nope i HATED it too. Especially when i first unlocked it cuz i was at 99 Coins by then so i would literally travel to an area and NOT open the chests :grump: i don't mind it now tho :lakitu: the map looking like it does triggers me tho :toofunny3: the boat should usually spawn wherever the nearest coast is to you or to a travel point u quick travel too tho :lakitu:

13 minutes ago, Rith said:

Sorry sis, it’s because I’m so slow :rip: I’m 65 hours in after 3 weeks which might sound like a lot but that’s more than I usually play over 4 months. But yes Nintendo deserves lashings. :bam: Where tf is the DK game they supposedly finished and the Metroid Prime remake???

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

that Nopon literally failed the first time i paid him and i wanted to kick that little **** off the cliff :toofunny3:

:hoetenks:

The way I SCREECHED :bibliahh:

Am like 55 hours in XC3 and just beat Chapter 4 :toofunny3:

I'm simultaneously enjoying it, but also hoping I can get it done soonish? Idk. It's a good game. Don't think it's better than 1 and 2 thus far though.

1 minute ago, youreyesgocold said:

Sorry sis, it’s because I’m so slow :rip: I’m 65 hours in after 3 weeks which might sound like a lot but that’s more than I usually play over 4 months. But yes Nintendo deserves lashings. :bam: Where tf is the DK game they supposedly finished and the Metroid Prime remake???

i didn't play the first 2 games yet so im waiting for xc3 :deadbanana4: i know i dont need to have played the other ones but if this game is better as everybody says then i won't play the other two :dancehall: also i want magic or something, is xenoblade all about... blades?

we NEED a sequel to mario odyssey :biblio:

idk what other big game they can release anymore.. whew we reached switch's probably last big year :dancehall:

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, Rith said:

i didn't play the first 2 games yet so im waiting for xc3 :deadbanana4: i know i dont need to have played the other ones but if this game is better as everybody says then i won't play the other two :dancehall: also i want magic or something, is xenoblade all about... blades?

This is not my take, and it looks like Subomie agrees. So you might just research them (watch gameplay footage or something) and decide where you want to begin, if you're interested in the series.

I mean, I still think the game is great. No doubt. There's areas I think are hugely improved over the earlier entries like questing and combat. 

But TBH the story still hasn't gripped me after 50+ hours so I'm thinking it's just not going to. These long-ass cutscenes that I really don't care about... Please. Also, at first I was loving the exploration, but now I just feel tired out. The locales aren't gripping me like they did on Bionis, Mechonis or any of the XC2 titans? I remember being super excited when I got to Fornis, it was giving me Oblivia from X teas (probably my favorite area in any Xeno game), but it just never really rose to those heights for me.

I'll definitely finish 3. And come back for a NG+ 100% playthrough in a few years too, but it's ranking below 1 and 2 for me as of the start of Chapter 5. We'll see if I change my tune between now and the ending.

59 minutes ago, Rith said:

we NEED a sequel to mario odyssey :biblio:

I feel like I’m the odd one out who didn’t really love Odyssey :swing:

I finished the main story but didn’t really care to look for more moons than the minimum requirement. Idk, the randomness of finding them wasn’t something that gripped me. 

But I would love a Galaxy 3 or a 3D World 2 (maybe because I didn’t double dip on the rerelease for Switch and haven’t played it since the WiiU) :foxaylove2:

I haven’t played XC3 in a week. I made it to chapter 5 and got a little burnt out. I’m trying to get motivation to get back in :chick3:

3 hours ago, Rith said:

I can make some guesses for next years:

Zelda (obv), 3D Donkey Kong (unless they scrapped and are making Odyssey 2 instead), maybe prime 4?, repack of Scarlet/Violet, continued MK8 and Splat3 updates, probably another mario sports game, Fire Emblem (genealogy of the holy war remake OR new game)

Spring

Donkey Kong

Zelda

Metroid Remake 

Summer

New 3D Mario + Movie

Fall 

Rhythm Heaven

Winter

Pokemon let’s go

Metroid 4

New Yoshi game

New Mario Party 

Luigi Mansion 4

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

I feel like I’m the odd one out who didn’t really love Odyssey :swing:

But I would love a 3D World 2

Same. I did like Odyssey a lot and found it really fun, but as far as mainline Mario games go, it's not in the top tier for me.

3D World on the other hand? 10/10 :clap3: Best 3D platforming level design. Def want a sequel.

It would be cool if they made a game expanding on the Bowser's Fury model. But tbh, I love classic platforming so a 3D world sequel would be much appreciated. :jonny:

Project Diva MegaMix DLC in 25th for those who care :loki:

2 hours ago, znake said:

Spring

Donkey Kong

Zelda

Metroid Remake 

Summer

New 3D Mario + Movie

Fall 

Rhythm Heaven

Winter

Pokemon let’s go

Metroid 4

New Yoshi game

New Mario Party 

Luigi Mansion 4

Scarlet & Violet DLC is most likely for Pokemon tho

Wasn’t there leaked screenshots and information of a new Fire Emblem being finished already?

1 hour ago, fountain said:

Wasn’t there leaked screenshots and information of a new Fire Emblem being finished already?

I hope not. I still have 2.5/4 paths to finish in 3 Houses  :deadbanana4:

• ATRL Moderator

Got tired of side quests and went after the last boss in XC3.... and they were 4 levels higher than my party :lmao: Still won on my first try though since the game is so easy. I'll post some thoughts tomorrow.

1 hour ago, fountain said:

Yes, but that protagonist design is ugly so we pretend we never saw it :mandown:

This Reddit essay & the comment by, TUVegeto137, spilt on the XC3 story oMkD2XW.png the negative upvotes tho

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/ws43gl/xenoblade_3_has_a_bad_story_in_my_opinion/

"the game was trying a bit too hard to seem philosophically sophisticated."

6 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Got tired of side quests and went after the last boss in XC3.... and they were 4 levels higher than my party :lmao: Still won on my first try though since the game is so easy. I'll post some thoughts tomorrow.

Yes, but that protagonist design is ugly so we pretend we never saw it :mandown:

Looking forward to it :jonny5:

wasn't that last boss so ******* LONG tho :deadbanana2: also did u scream when they showed CHADREX :bibliahh: Poppy jumping out & her smile + Nia's got me so ******* emotional too :weeps: def the highlight of XC3 for me.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

This Reddit essay & the comment by, TUVegeto137, spilt on the XC3 story oMkD2XW.png the negative upvotes tho

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/ws43gl/xenoblade_3_has_a_bad_story_in_my_opinion/

"the game was trying a bit too hard to seem philosophically sophisticated."

Looking forward to it :jonny5:

Reveal hidden contents

wasn't that last boss so ******* LONG tho :deadbanana2: also did u scream when they showed CHADREX :bibliahh: Poppy jumping out & her smile + Nia's got me so ******* emotional too :weeps: def the highlight of XC3 for me.

This review stole so many of my points :lmao: They spilled.

Re: final cutscene

Spoiler

That scene was cute, but I screamed at the way Nia had a friend with her (Poppi) and we got to see the XC2 cast while Melia just had the Monado mounted on the wall :bibliahh: They did her dirty for that! I'm also very confused as to why Poppi was hiding inside that machine thing the whole time and didn't come out earlier.....

EDIT: WAIT, I also screamed when both Pyra and Mythra had babies at the same time :ahh: Girl, how did that happen..... We need an explanation. And who is Nia's baby daddy?

Edited by feelslikeadream

• ATRL Moderator

Treehouse for the Splatooners.

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

This review stole so many of my points :lmao: They spilled.

Re: final cutscene

Hide contents

That scene was cute, but I screamed at the way Nia had a friend with her (Poppi) and we got to see the XC2 cast while Melia just had the Monado mounted on the wall :bibliahh: They did her dirty for that! I'm also very confused as to why Poppi was hiding inside that machine thing the whole time and didn't come out earlier.....

EDIT: WAIT, I also screamed when both Pyra and Mythra had babies at the same time :ahh: Girl, how did that happen..... We need an explanation. And who is Nia's baby daddy?

GIRL

that pic heavily implies CHADREX BANGED ALL 3 OF THEM :bibliahh:

p3rwadrecxf91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

GIRL

Reveal hidden contents

that pic heavily implies CHADREX BANGED ALL 3 OF THEM :bibliahh:

p3rwadrecxf91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Spoiler

How? At the EXACT SAME TIME? How do they all have newborns at once?

spacer.png

and I don't accept it.

(Also, I wish Dromarch popped out instead of Poppi :gaycat6:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.