Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

14 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

You know, my avatar gets used when people quote me so often now that I’m not sure if I should change it :deadbanana4:

I can’t tell any more if people are using it for sarcasm/in a condescending way or just because it’s the perfect reaction shot for so many dumb situations. 

i'm sure it's mostly cuz of the latter :dies: keep it 

14 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

But to this point, yeah I was expecting that too. Haha I guess it’s a spoiler that that’s not going to happen either, but now I am starting to see why you’ve been a bit negative about the latter half of the game’s story

The way i keep spoiling everyone :deadvision: but i'm sure u'll end up enjoying it, 99% of people here & everywhere did. I'm STRUGGLING to find someone with my opinion :deadvision: Also I got over that specific plot twist anyways, it's not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things, & I didn't mind it as much by the end. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

I'm STRUGGLING to find someone with my opinion :deadvision: 

I think I agree with a lot of your opinions? Waiting til I beat it to give a full review, so just hang on a bit longer :fan:

50 hours in and had to bump up the difficulty. Doing all the side quests and camp really makes you overleveled. Hard mode actually makes you strategize even when over leveled. 

When are Nintendo and Monolith Soft gonna develop an actual MMO?

14 hours ago, johnzy13 said:

Doing all the side quests and camp really makes you overleveled

It’s frustrating because they introduced the ability to reduce your level at any time in XCDE so I don’t know why they replicated the XC2 system here where you need to 

Spoiler

wait for new game+

to use this feature. It feels like a step backwards for something they already resolved. 

EDIT 

Early xc3 ch5 spoilers - some things that had me :bibliahh:

Spoiler

Holy cow Monica’s bewbs and their physics are SO obnoxious and distracting :deadbanana4: It’s like they took Pyra and inflated them even further with helium. Monica tilts her head and the entire solar system adjusts its axis. Her POWER :dies:

Also what a kii - I was literally on the floor when the party volunteered for sex ed from the doctor. Not Lanz being a virgin all this time :rip: 

Edited by youreyesgocold

I was burnt out on XC3 the last 2 weeks, but now i'm refreshed and back to grinding out classes/quests to face the UMs. Let me see if there's a guide out there on the fastest grind methods now. 

I'm perplexed atm, usually i run 2 ATK 3 HEAL 2 DEF but i've been watching some class guides & Ogre is so good on Sena specifically :rip: so now i either have to replace Eunie or Noah... and the way i legit wanna make Noah a healer, cuz i love Dual Guns Eunie that much :toofunny3: it's not optimal at all :toofunny3: 

Also did one of the post game side quest & the start of this one SQ is ******* hilarious :bibliahh:

Haven’t gone back to xc3 in weeks :rip: i always take a break for a few days and then never return. Currently playing Bravely Default 2 and I’m OBSESSED the job system is so fun. Will probably play xc3 again when i get bored of this. 

So I read about needing to have quite a high level (4?) community in Torna The Golden Country to be able to continue the story. So to avoid hitting this barrier once I get to it, I’m attempting to get this levelled up as I go along but it’s such a drag doing all these side quests that I really don’t care about. For this reason I haven’t played it in the last couple of days. Idiotic, unnecessary barrier.

Edited by P!nk

I haven’t gotten bored of xc3 yet but maybe it’s because I’m so much slower than everyone else :deadbanana4: I’ve had days where I haven’t played but it’s just been one or two here and there. 

I’m still on ch5 at almost 65 hours now and I just got access to the 

Spoiler

Titanic to sail the oceans :surfsup:

which is a cute discovery, but I’m finishing Lanz’s ascension quest first. Is it just me or 

Spoiler

did he and that street juggler have MASSIVE sexual tension??? :deadbanana4:

I’m probably just projecting but DAMN I was waiting for someone to POUNCE in that scene. :gaycat4:

Spoiler

But considering Lanz didn’t take charge of the moment I guess he’s not as dom as I had envisioned :monkey: 

Imagine just finishing sex ed and being a virgin adult and NOT acting on your instincts with the first man you see juggling balls. I can’t comprehend :bloo:

On 8/16/2022 at 10:25 PM, youreyesgocold said:

We can summarize this masterpiece or clear the air if you have any specific questions! 

Also slayyyyy ms torna is so incredible. Mpg of the Xenoverse, though xc3 is fighting to debut at number 1. We’ll see if she can inch out the reigning queen :cm:

I ended up watching a half hour YouTube video to summarise it for me :-* but thank you. :heart:

I have just posted my current thoughts regarding Torna… :mandown:

19 minutes ago, P!nk said:

So I read about needing to have quite a high level (4?) community in Torna The Golden Country to be able to continue the story. So to avoid hitting this barrier once I get to it, I’m attempting to get this levelled up as I go along but it’s such a drag doing all these side quests that I really don’t care about. For this reason I haven’t played it in the last couple of days. Idiotic, unnecessary barrier.

Apologies in advance for this essay…

I agree, when I found out there were community level requirements in this game it kind of triggered me since I’m not one to usually do side quests. But I think people do too much on ms Torna when they comment on this. 

Did I hit the barrier? Yes. Did it take a lot of side quest grinding to move past it? Absolutely not. 

You don’t need to do every side quest to beat the game. Just do the ones you find interesting as you go. I did that and the first community requirement I hit, I had already reached a level higher than it so I was not blocked at all. When I came to the final community requirement block before the end of the game, I only needed to do 4 or 5 more side quests to reach that level as well.

It’s really not that much of a barrier, and most of the side quests in this game are actually full explorations of characters in the world. They don’t feel like random fetch quests so they are fun and feel like main quests (though there are simple fetch quests and monster killing quests you can do to reach the minimum community levels when you are not high enough for them too). 

Of course, if you don’t feel into it I can’t really persuade you. I grew really attached to that cast, and I loved the refinements to XC2’s combat system. Vanguard switching feels so intuitive and it’s great fun to switch out at the perfect timing and trigger a blade combo with a switch art, and at the same time restore the red health you almost lost. Not to mention how much easier it is to amass orbs on enemies because the team build is very balanced with all types accounted for

Obviously I’m a miss Torna stan though so everything I say is through a biased lens :keir: I hope you can stick with it though 

Speaking of "Community" rank or in XC3 terms "Affinty" i'm like a hair away from Lvl 5 affinity in a certain area, & i can't find the ******* final quest :deadbanana2: it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. This will probably be the only area y'all try to get to Lvl 5 Affinity too. EDIT: i did it :jonny5:

EDIT2: I finally did Sena's ascension quest and :bibliahh:

Not her being a Sakura and a side character in her own Ascension Quest :toofunny3:
But it did make me like Shania more, than previously hating the living **** outta her :lakitu:

EDIT3: just hit 13M chain on the 6th strongest UM :deadbanana2: & Eunie did the bulk of that :deadbanana2: i think she even out damaged the OO :deadbanana2: I take it back Noah can't hold a candle to her, & i finally fixed my aggro problem.

also post game unlock spoilers

why is Melia's class so USELESS :deadbanana2: but Nia's cracked :deadbanana2: i literally cannot die with Nia's class.

The secret to fixing that problem I had with a late Chapter 5 boss despite being overleveled by 10:

setting my damn hero because I forgot to put it back when it was randomly taken during a cutscene :rip: 

Finished C5, super major spoilers below:

Spoiler

Mio is my favorite character now, that endless cutscene with her in prison and then the switch reveal ended me

The scenes with them having a son had my ass BAWLING oh my god

kind of glad that this is roughly going a little like I expected but I have a feeling chapters six and seven are going to be suuuuper long with all the stuff yet to be answered, like where exactly the queens are, what they’re going to do, what Z’s motivations and origins are, who the other founders of the city are, N’s eventual fate

And where the hell did Moebius D and Joran go? They’re still out there somewhere, and D is like, really hot so I’d like more pls thanks!

Ok when u aren't burnt out on XC3, & doing the post game where Levels aren't a problem, the gameplay is great :jonny5: i'm loving grinding the clases out, especially cuz they're so easy in postgame. Story is still ass tho, & even in postgame i skip cutscenes all the time cuz WE DO NOT CARE :pukey: & i'm someone who loves JRPG cutscenes. Most hero quests are great tho, and half the ascensions are good too. 

Noah tho... lordT if he's allegedly worse than Shulk than idk what y'all went through. I just did some post game quests, & they reminded me what LACK of a personality he has. With his side comments, he must as well be the captain obvious narrator. 

Also why is one of the WORST heroes + class, locked behind so many checkmarks :deadbanana2: u could unlock them before postgame, but i never did.

18 hours ago, Magickarp said:

also post game unlock spoilers

Hide contents

why is Melia's class so USELESS :deadbanana2: but Nia's cracked :deadbanana2: i literally cannot die with Nia's class.

They’re sticking to canon. :fan:

So... What's your fave class? No spoiler please. I'm yet to unlock the last 4 Heroes (although I already know who's next because I'm in that part of the story).

The best healers are Eunie and Valdi's classes by FAR. 

Fiona's the best support. Master and Isurd's classes are cute but the fact that they are a mix of support and healer make them weak to my style of playing. 

As for defenders, I must say I haven't really played much with them and I don't really understand how they work that well but I love how you get access to your strongest move so often with Ashera's class. Monica's having tunda is an instant YES. 

As for attackers, Ethel and Gray's are SO good. They deal so much damage, especially Gray's. Haven't really touched Noah and Sena's since I started to unlock new ones :rip:.

Roku & Manana's class is surprisingly good as well. I've had fun playing it and I always try to keep one in my party.

Alexandria, Triton and Juniper are disappointing. I had so many expectations for Alexandria and Juniper and they are meh. Juniper's class strongest move is good tho.

1 hour ago, thatsmydemi said:

So... What's your fave class? No spoiler please. I'm yet to unlock the last 4 Heroes (although I already know who's next because I'm in that part of the story).

Hide contents

The best healers are Eunie and Valdi's classes by FAR. 

Fiona's the best support. Master and Isurd's classes are cute but the fact that they are a mix of support and healer make them weak to my style of playing. 

As for defenders, I must say I haven't really played much with them and I don't really understand how they work that well but I love how you get access to your strongest move so often with Ashera's class. Monica's having tunda is an instant YES. 

As for attackers, Ethel and Gray's are SO good. They deal so much damage, especially Gray's. Haven't really touched Noah and Sena's since I started to unlock new ones :rip:.

Roku & Manana's class is surprisingly good as well. I've had fun playing it and I always try to keep one in my party.

Alexandria, Triton and Juniper are disappointing. I had so many expectations for Alexandria and Juniper and they are meh. Juniper's class strongest move is good tho.

These should be the 19 u already have

Fiona's is the best non heal support
Mio's is the best tank
Sena's is best for BREAK
Gray's is great for DAMAGE, especially in Chains where u can't miss
Ashera's is outclassed by Mio. But as a HERO, she's the best. 

Noah's is good for UM dmg & nvr taking aggro
Ethel's is great, i loved her class. Although people rank Alexandria's over her. U should get Alexandria's "Eye" skill tho. 

Valdi's is good
Isurd's is good + his skill pairs well with Fiona (& he makes a good Chain Hero until u get Ashera)
Zeon's outclasses Lanz if you're looking for a Block tank

Tactician good transfer skill. Class isn't worth it. 
Teach's Ultimate Qi Gong is a great skill, bad class tho.
Eunie's class is good at the start, but falls off hard. Her Talent Art is literally outclassed by every other healer's standard art :deadbanana:
RikuMana's isn't that good cuz hard enemies have HIGH debuff resist.

Monica's is useless unless you're straight
Juniper is def B3 class :rip:
Triton is apparently the best ATK class if ur willing to invest a ridiculous amount of hours into it.

the way i was watching **** & saw your post, and felt the need to write this instead :bibliahh: my fave should be obvious tho :gaycat4:

7mlvdn64avh91.png?auto=webp&s=c0d3df67eee54a7400203b79dce9524ab1385ff7

Taking a break from the Xenoblade talk... Mostly because I'm jealous y'all got through the first game, I was so bored.gif

Splatoon next month, Bayonetta in October, S&V in November...  The DioField Chronicle sounds intriguing, and I might get the Crisis Core remaster or whatever it is. 

What an expensive couple of months, but I get it that it's fine considering I haven't purchased a switch game since Arceus came out

My new team is CRACKED :deadbanana2: I'm slaying all the top UM's with EASE :deadbanana2: & my Gems are all still at ~5 :deadbanana2: I'm on Normal mode ofc, but still the difference after i switched out some things :deadbanana2: Instead of replacing Noah, i just made him Ogre instead. The kii is i'm not even using his cracked talent art, but Flash Fencers :toofunny3:

And the best part? I get to control Eunie :jonny5: so ******* satisfying using my fave to slay the post game bosses :jonny5:

21 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

My new team is CRACKED :deadbanana2: I'm slaying all the top UM's with EASE :deadbanana2: & my Gems are all still at ~5 :deadbanana2: I'm on Normal mode ofc, but still the difference after i switched out some things :deadbanana2: Instead of replacing Noah, i just made him Ogre instead. The kii is i'm not even using his cracked talent art, but Flash Fencers :toofunny3:

And the best part? I get to control Eunie :jonny5: so ******* satisfying using my fave to slay the post game bosses :jonny5:

Spill what your team is, because I only have level five gems :giraffe: 

Just beat the Tyrannotitan Kurodil of XC3 :jonny5:

I went from easily winning to nearly losing tho :deadbanana2: Maybe it was the nerves, but i legit misremembered the OO pairing :deadbanana2: so no OO happened, & the UM got out of the Chain with 5% HP left and wiped half my team :deadbanana2: It continued wiping my team for a min while i kept reviving until i had another Chain :toofunny3: Yuh i've peaked. I'm finally done with XC3.

1 hour ago, HausOfGerard said:

Spill what your team is, because I only have level five gems :giraffe: 

Watch Enel's videos https://www.youtube.com/c/EnelXC & adapt them to your taste. Exp: I had problems with aggro, so i had Eunie equip the remove aggro art. I also instead had Glow Ring on Zephyr + Launch art on Ogre since my team already had a lot of Topples.

Noah - Ogre

Mio - Zephyr

Eunie - FMJ

Sena - Signifer

Taion - Strategos

Lanz - War Medic

Asheera

Post Game spoiler

no but actually it was

Taion - Lifesage
Lanz - Lifesage
queen is so good, Lance serving a VSFS model with the wings tho lmao :toofunny3:

• Ogre inflicts almost 100% chance Break, so you or your allies can Topple/Launch 
  • Heal & Def keep u alive + inflict Topple/Launch
  • Start Chain when UM is Launched, cuz launch multiplier stacks. 
  • Eunie is there for pure DPS, especially in the Chains. 

It's hilarious how cracked Chains are on Normal. I started the Chains when the UMs were between 70-80% HP and still safely KO'd them.

1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

Just beat the Tyrannotitan Kurodil of XC3 :jonny5:

I went from easily winning to nearly losing tho :deadbanana2: Maybe it was the nerves, but i legit misremembered the OO pairing :deadbanana2: so no OO happened, & the UM got out of the Chain with 5% HP left and wiped half my team :deadbanana2: It continued wiping my team for a min while i kept reviving until i had another Chain :toofunny3: Yuh i've peaked. I'm finally done with XC3.

Watch Enel's videos https://www.youtube.com/c/EnelXC & adapt them to your taste. Exp: I had problems with aggro, so i had Eunie equip the remove aggro art. I also instead had Glow Ring on Zephyr + Launch art on Ogre since my team already had a lot of Topples.

Noah - Ogre

Mio - Zephyr

Eunie - FMJ

Sena - Signifer

Taion - Strategos

Lanz - War Medic

Asheera

Post Game spoiler

Hide contents

no but actually it was

Taion - Lifesage
Lanz - Lifesage
queen is so good, Lance serving a VSFS model with the wings tho lmao :toofunny3:

• Ogre inflicts almost 100% chance Break, so you or your allies can Topple/Launch 
  • Heal & Def keep u alive + inflict Topple/Launch
  • Start Chain when UM is Launched, cuz launch multiplier stacks. 
  • Eunie is there for pure DPS, especially in the Chains. 

It's hilarious how cracked Chains are on Normal. I started the Chains when the UMs were between 70-80% HP and still safely KO'd them.

Thank you! Love Enel's videos, just like getting other people's set ups and builds as well.

Enel has been a godsend since XC2 era. We have to stan :clap3:

Ugh I just did Zion’s ascension quest. The way it was never ending :deadbanana4: What a pain in the arse. 

Spoiler

This is why I’m not a gardener in real life. Who tf does that **** for fun??? Masochists - that’s who. :gaycat:

Also Kite and Juniper…? :doc: I don’t ship it. TBH she could do way better than THAT annoying loser. Also, she’s been giving me lgbtq sapphic energy since her introduction so Kite is barking up the wrong lesbian :baseball:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, youreyesgocold said:

Ugh I just did Zion’s ascension quest. The way it was never ending :deadbanana4: What a pain in the arse. 

!!!! That's the one I was referencing in my post a while back that said one ascension quest made me want to delete the game :ahh: Entirely pointless and not fun. A terror.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.