Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

46 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Eww, I forgot a new Pokémon game is coming out this year. I wonder if critics will finally turn on the series with this entry :matty: In a year that saw the releases of Elden Ring, Horizon FW, XC3, etc., a series like Pokémon shouldn't be praised if it shows hardly any evolution. I guess we'll see!

My hype for the Pokémon series has evaporated into a barren desert. Legends was one of my favorite games of all time, but these new titles just seem completely uninteresting to me. It’s not even that there’s anything particularly wrong with them, it’s just that they’re probably more of the same in a year where we’ve gotten some unbelievably good games, including another Pokémon game already that did make an effort to deviate from the series’ very rigid formula.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

Thoughts on the Story so far (C6) no spoilers other than whether i think it's good or bad, & vs. XC2

so far XC2 >>> XC3 in terms of story

:rip: it's been like a telenovela :rip:

More spoilery. No specific story details, but it goes into details of the above opinion

I was keeping quiet about it incase my opinion changed later on, but i'm in C6 and :rip: the villains are just awful :rip: I was like oh there's gonna be some big plot twist abt how they act, but nah, it just gets worse :rip: i just hit a point in C6 that jumped the shark for me :rip: 

The way they said they made the characters more PG looking cuz it's a more serious story than XC2, but i just feel like i'm watching some badly written soap opera :rip: even ignoring the story, as characters Tora, Morag, Brighid, Poppy, Rex, Pyra, Mythra, Zeke, Nia **** on every character here :rip:, & don't get me started on the gameplay :rip: did they even playtest this :rip: i haven't touched the camp in forever :rip: the Class system is literally the main XC3 mechanic, but to use it no matter what u will end up overlevelled :rip: its so ******* stupid.

The only thing XC3 has done better is the combat.

I just unlocked chain attacks and they’re really fun in this game (at least more than in XC1, not better than 2). 

Can someone help me understand something though? The game tips go out of their way to tell you the healer’s advantage during chains is that attacking with a healer “guarantees that the total TP doesn’t exceed 99%”, but at the same time, it tells you that you are given a better order rating when the chain ends with more TP. How then is it a benefit to not exceed 99%? You would want to exceed it as much as possible, wouldn’t you? This just means I would never select a healer as last in the chain. Is that right? Is attacker > healer > defender always the chain attack order you should strive for?

9 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

I just unlocked chain attacks and they’re really fun in this game (at least more than in XC1, not better than 2). 

Can someone help me understand something though? The game tips go out of their way to tell you the healer’s advantage during chains is that attacking with a healer “guarantees that the total TP doesn’t exceed 99%”, but at the same time, it tells you that you are given a better order rating when the chain ends with more TP. How then is it a benefit to not exceed 99%? You would want to exceed it as much as possible, wouldn’t you? This just means I would never select a healer as last in the chain. Is that right? Is attacker > healer > defender always the chain attack order you should strive for?

I wouldn't worry about it rn, you will understand their 99% use eventually.

It's harder to grasp now cuz your team isn't OP enough to hit a useful % yet.

Later Healers help u hit 150% & 200% easier, plus stack final order dmg without worry.

11 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

I wouldn't worry about it rn, you will understand their 99% use eventually.

It's harder to grasp now cuz your team isn't OP enough to hit a useful % yet.

Later Healers help u hit 150% & 200% easier, plus stack final order dmg without worry.

Alright thank you! I should know better than to expect a XC game to explain the entirety of a new mechanic the second it’s unlocked :deadbanana4:

3 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Thoughts on the Story so far (C6) no spoilers other than whether i think it's good or bad, & vs. XC2

Reveal hidden contents

so far XC2 >>> XC3 in terms of story

:rip: it's been like a telenovela :rip:

More spoilery. No specific story details, but it goes into details of the above opinion

Reveal hidden contents

I was keeping quiet about it incase my opinion changed later on, but i'm in C6 and :rip: the villains are just awful :rip: I was like oh there's gonna be some big plot twist abt how they act, but nah, it just gets worse :rip: i just hit a point in C6 that jumped the shark for me :rip: 

The way they said they made the characters more PG looking cuz it's a more serious story than XC2, but i just feel like i'm watching some badly written soap opera :rip: even ignoring the story, as characters Tora, Morag, Brighid, Poppy, Rex, Pyra, Mythra, Zeke, Nia **** on every character here :rip:, & don't get me started on the gameplay :rip: did they even playtest this :rip: i haven't touched the camp in forever :rip: the Class system is literally the main XC3 mechanic, but to use it no matter what u will end up overlevelled :rip: its so ******* stupid.

The only thing XC3 has done better is the combat.

I think your opinion is super interesting! Especially because I feel almost the exact opposite (though I’m only in mid-C3 and don’t see myself getting further for many hours).

(also no real spoilers but like, you know)

Spoiler

I really couldn’t stand the story for most of 2, and like Torna much more as a story. A friend who loves the series similarly felt the same for 2 up until a point pretty late in the game. I think that 3 feels a lot darker and more somber in general, but that’s something I like a lot - I saw someone in this thread earlier note that they like the lighter moments that came from the characters in 2 and I respect that. I think that there’s just a lot of difference in tone between the two games, and that’s from the very outset of the game onward, so they’ll probably appeal to different subsets of fans. I should note that I always liked 1 more than 2 anyway, and 3 seems to take a lot more of its tone and atmosphere from 1, though I think it’s so far darker than either prior game.

The only issue I have with the game so far is that I do feel overleveled, but that’s partially because I swerved away from the main path at one point and gained a bunch of experience from finding locations too early :rip: I’ve had a lot of success balancing it out with setting my difficulty to hard - the last two major bosses (one at the end of C2, one early-mid C3) wrecked me repeatedly and forced me to try new class combinations and rank up the party.

Just finished Ch2 and WOW I loved the final boss and 

Spoiler

finally being able to use interlinking with all the characters! The cutscenes for their reveals were so great too (though they shafted the Agnes cast again :rip:)

The battle was so fun (if not too easy?)! I went through two separate chain attack cycles and destroyed the boss. Every second I wasn’t in a chain attack I was 

Spoiler

cycling through the party and using everyone’s Ouroboros as soon as their cooldown timers ended. 

I felt like such a powerhouse badass. I can’t believe that was only chapter 2. There has been so much story in this game already :deadbanana4: Though the party’s conversation in

Spoiler

the barracks of colony 4

had me banging my head against a table. Taion is there pointing out the obvious ”revelations” any normal player will have figured out hours ago, and the cast is just completely lost. Worms for brains - all of them. :isudumblmao:

5 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

it's an advantage because it stops you from exceeding 100 which would end the chain attack.

let's say you have like 80 TP & you pick a defender with like 25 TP instead of the healer. Than you would only get 105 TP & end the chain attack right there

vs if you were to pick the healer instead then you would get to 99 & then add the defender's TP to total 124

if that makes sense

• ATRL Moderator

WAIT!

I was choosing a new class for Lanz and happened to scroll down and see all the locked classes, which show you the character in costume on the left side of the screen, but blacked out so you can only see the silhouette.... And one of them looks like Lanz is wearing oversized pants but is shirtless??? @Magickarp sis, is this true? :jonnycat:

Edited by feelslikeadream

3 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

I think your opinion is super interesting! Especially because I feel almost the exact opposite (though I’m only in mid-C3 and don’t see myself getting further for many hours).

(also no real spoilers but like, you know)

Hide contents

I really couldn’t stand the story for most of 2, and like Torna much more as a story. A friend who loves the series similarly felt the same for 2 up until a point pretty late in the game. I think that 3 feels a lot darker and more somber in general, but that’s something I like a lot - I saw someone in this thread earlier note that they like the lighter moments that came from the characters in 2 and I respect that. I think that there’s just a lot of difference in tone between the two games, and that’s from the very outset of the game onward, so they’ll probably appeal to different subsets of fans. I should note that I always liked 1 more than 2 anyway, and 3 seems to take a lot more of its tone and atmosphere from 1, though I think it’s so far darker than either prior game.

The only issue I have with the game so far is that I do feel overleveled, but that’s partially because I swerved away from the main path at one point and gained a bunch of experience from finding locations too early :rip: I’ve had a lot of success balancing it out with setting my difficulty to hard - the last two major bosses (one at the end of C2, one early-mid C3) wrecked me repeatedly and forced me to try new class combinations and rank up the party.

My opinion would probably be in the minority tbh, & I could probably like it once i finish it :chick2: But yuh it might be just a different tastes kinda thing. I wrote what i thought of the individual chapters, but deleted it :dies: idw sway your chapter expectations so imma hush up, for now. Can't wait to hear what u think of C3-C6 tho :lakitu:

Gameplay wise i eventually got over the overlevelling, & based on the forums i've read it's the most common complaint.
But Noppon Coin & Ether being capped at 99... yeah :clown: I was already 99 by C3, & could tolerate it, but C5 just broke me :deadbanana:
Punishing u for exploring once again :clown: & there's literally NO REASON to cap them :grump:

2 hours ago, Axel. said:

@Magickarp can you tell me if there is any 

Reveal hidden contents

city

in the game? I'm tired of the 

Reveal hidden contents

ugly colonies

:celestial5:

yuh, there's a "City":bibliahh:

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

WAIT!

I was choosing a new class for Lanz and happened to scroll down and see all the locked classes, which show you the character in costume on the left side of the screen, but blacked out so you can only see the silhouette.... And one of them looks like Lanz is wearing oversized pants but is shirtless??? @Magickarp sis, is this true? :jonnycat:

asdfghjkl;kjahsgdft OMG, i'm about to unlock that class soon. I'll let u know. I didn't even notice :jonny5:

I'm probably gonna waste time grinding that class to 10 so i can have him wear that + have a gun :bibliahh:

EDIT: nvm :clown: it's his tank top :clown: Ogre class is his most revealing :clown: C1 is literally his only shirtless scene :clown:

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

EDIT: nvm :clown: it's his tank top :clown: Ogre class is his most revealing :clown: C1 is literally his only shirtless scene :clown:

The homophobia... Far too much. Who produced this game, Eunie? 

Na54Bn6.gif

Use your ******* muscles for this one  :WAP:

FXbg6TyVsAAwP9-?format=png&name=900x900

• ATRL Moderator

Ok the plot snapped a bit in Ch. 4 :clap:

ending of chapter spoilers:

Spoiler

The only stupid part was Ethel v. Cammuravi. Like.... why was Ethel insisting they had to die? Noah couldn't destroy their flame clocks, fight the consuls, and everyone lives? It really served drama for drama's sake ?

Edited by feelslikeadream

5 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Ok the plot snapped a bit in Ch. 4 :clap:

ending of chapter spoilers:

Hide contents

The only stupid part was Ethel v. Cammuravi. Like.... why was Ethel insisting they had to die? Noah couldn't destroy their flame clocks, fight the consuls, and everyone lives? It really served drama for drama's sake ?

!!! THIS

Some of these hero quest feel like they should be part of the main story. 

1 hour ago, johnzy13 said:

Some of these hero quest feel like they should be part of the main story. 

I just did one that completely floored me, from the Hero Quest’s plot to the locations to the music to the battles - I think it sealed this as one of my top two favorite video games ever next to BOTW :jonny2:

okay, the last time i bought a game cuz of ATRL peer presure. it turned out to be trash: SMT V. 

I will try this new Xenoblad new game, and if its trash, i will sue all of u 

Hero quests are the best part of the game :jonnycat:

Girlies which hero is your favorite so far 

Mine is Zeon

Spoiler

The tension between him and Lanz though :WAP:

I want to play Xenoblade 3 already so bad but I’m freakin floored with work. The fact that it’s just sitting in my room taunting me :rip:

On 8/1/2022 at 1:45 AM, youreyesgocold said:

I actually hated the entire cast throughout all of XC1, except for one character I was obsessed with from the start who

Reveal hidden contents

they killed off in the first hour (Fiora) :rip:

But from the moment we saw a glimpse of

Reveal hidden contents

her in one of the mechon about a third of the way in

I was hooked on the game - just to see the story through to completion. 

With XC2 I basically loved all the characters in both the base game and the DLC as soon as they were introduced (minus Tora and his weird robot fetishes), but didn’t really get hooked on the story until much later.

Reveal hidden contents

(probably Vandham’s death where we meet Mythra for the first time)

Honestly XC2 has so many faults and I can understand why people put it down and don’t give it a chance (I bought it on release and put it down in ch3 myself, then went back a year later and was obsessed), but everything it does right it does to perfection (character growth, story, the battle system, “like… coffee with milk”, “I love you… and all of you guys”, TORNAAAAA).

With that said, XB3 is amazing for me so far but I’m only in ch2 so idk. If it can come close to the highs of the story in 1 and the characters in 2 I’ll be happy. For now, both are alright in 3. The battle system feels like an evolved version of 1 which is a bit of a let down for me though. I think it’s fun, and I do enjoy the combat in 1, but I miss bursting those damn orbs. It was so addictive, and Torna evolved it to be even better. I wish they had continued to fine tune and evolve that system instead. 

Also, a question for anyone much further in the game than me - no heavy XB3 spoilers please, but can you just yes/no confirm if (XB1 spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

the Fog beast from future connected

is anywhere in this game? They apparently used that epilogue to set this game up, but it makes no sense now considering

Reveal hidden contents

the worlds would have been combined already in FC, so how could the Bionis’ shoulder still exist as it did? And also I don’t see how the fog beast relates to Morbius at all since it was from another dimension or something, and Melia seems to exist as the queen in this world

Only CH3 and Minor complaints buts it it so funny to me that 

Spoiler

The nopons in the party so far seem like such an afterthought :rip: I’ll completely forget they’re their and then they’ll just randomly pop up on the sidelines mid cutscene. Also miss learning artes as you level/breaking elemental orbs XC2 but otherwise the combat is very fun and i like the drip feeding of mechanics. Also feel like the characters are completely oblivious sometimes like how when they First meet morbius and he retreats he makes it a point to say everyone is going to hate you now etc and then they’re all surprised when they return home and are attacked. Like use some common sense here- all in all though these are minor complaints to me and I’m really enjoying the game so far

Edited by Twilish

1 hour ago, Twilish said:

Only CH3 and Minor complaints buts it it so funny to me that 

Hide contents

The nopons in the party so far seem like such an afterthought :rip: I’ll completely forget they’re their and then they’ll just randomly pop up on the sidelines mid cutscene. Also miss learning artes as you level/breaking elemental orbs XC2 but otherwise the combat is very fun and i like the drip feeding of mechanics. Also feel like the characters are completely oblivious sometimes like how when they First meet morbius and he retreats he makes it a point to say everyone is going to hate you now etc and then they’re all surprised when they return home and are attacked. Like use some common sense here- all in all though these are minor complaints to me and I’m really enjoying the game so far

Same :dies: whenever 

Spoiler

those damn nopon appear on screen I have a kii because I literally forget they are there. It’s probably for the best though. The only nopon I have ever liked was Riki in XC1 (and maybe the dynamic between his kids in FC). I’m glad they’ve been regulated to side characters in this game.

I also mentioned a similar example to your last complaint of the characters behaving in that way in another comment. They do the same thing at the start of ch3 :gaycat6:

22 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Same :dies: whenever 

Reveal hidden contents

those damn nopon appear on screen I have a kii because I literally forget they are there. It’s probably for the best though. The only nopon I have ever liked was Riki in XC1 (and maybe the dynamic between his kids in FC). I’m glad they’ve been regulated to side characters in this game.

I also mentioned a similar example to your last complaint of the characters behaving in that way in another comment. They do the same thing at the start of ch3 :gaycat6:

Spoiler

You’re honestly so right because i would probably be complaining if they did have more screen time since i can’t stand the way they talk, regardless of the voice actor/actress :bibliahh: and will be looking forward to taion having to spell out exactly what’s going on for everyone for every situation then. 

Edit: also just realized i quoted you on my first comment when i meant to just make a post :dies: this is why you don’t atrl and smoke kids

Edited by Twilish

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Rence said:

Hero quests are the best part of the game :jonnycat:

Girlies which hero is your favorite so far 

Mine is Zeon

Reveal hidden contents

The tension between him and Lanz though :WAP:

Spoiler

Gray :gaycat4:

I wish there were more defenders :'( They give you so many attackers in the first batch and my poor tanks have nothing to learn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.