Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

Y'all know how a month ago i said i wasn't sure if i was gonna play XC3 cuz XC1 killed my hype?

Well, i'm barely into XC3's 1st chapter and i'm HOOKED :jonny5: XC1 was inssufferable the first 3Cs,

& everyone complains abt XC2 being slow to start, but it hooked me pretty early,

but even then XC3 has me hooked the earliest :jonny5: 

The way i RUSHED to that "Bath" section the moment i saw it:bibliahh:Lanz is such a daddy i wanna climb him like a tree :WAP:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

12 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Y'all know how a month ago i said i wasn't sure if i was gonna play XC3 cuz XC1 killed my hype?

Well, i'm barely into XC3's 1st chapter and i'm HOOKED :jonny5: XC1 was inssufferable the first 3Cs,

& everyone complains abt XC2 being slow to start, but it hooked me pretty early,

but even then XC3 has me hooked the earliest :jonny5: 

The way i RUSHED to that "Bath" section the moment i saw it:bibliahh:Lanz is such a daddy i wanna climb him like a tree :WAP:

hows the music :jonny5:

XC3 seems easier to digest in terms of gameplay? I had like 50+ hours in XC1 and still had no idea what I was doing

86-C9-EC5-E-2839-4-E68-A917-828931874-C0

25 minutes ago, DanceFreak said:

XC3 seems easier to digest in terms of gameplay? I had like 50+ hours in XC1 and still had no idea what I was doing

isnt that just the normal xenoblade experience 

Currently midway through C2 and just got the part of the trailer that made me NOT wanna play this.

Class switching :clown: sorry but XC is complicated enough, & this is too ******* complicated :clown: 

"Enjoy special effect of B side move when doing A hidden unlock ZL,->, at the same time, then ->, then X when both are flashing" ma'am what :clown:

Plus i HATE seeing the characters in their Non-Canon fit, but the game literally tells u u'll be at an disadvantage if u don't change class :clown:

The game is still great & addicting tho.

11 hours ago, Katamari said:

hows the music :jonny5:

I've never really paid attention to XC's music tbh :chick1:

12 hours ago, DanceFreak said:

This reminds me of when I finally figured out how XC2's chain attack system worked in the last chapter :rip:

9 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

This reminds me of when I finally figured out how XC2's chain attack system worked in the last chapter :rip:

I’m playing XC1 and I don’t know if there’s more to the chain attack system then simply selecting an attack for each character but I relate to this because I feel there is… :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

Y'all are wild :toofunny3: Are you skipping tutorials? :-*

2 hours ago, P!nk said:

I’m playing XC1 and I don’t know if there’s more to the chain attack system then simply selecting an attack for each character but I relate to this because I feel there is… :rip:

The chain attacks in XC1 are pretty simple for the most part. The only really important mechanic I remember is choosing the same color attacks (like red, pink, etc.) so that you get the multiplier (up to 5x), which increases both damage and healing. That led me to choose certain arts for characters just so that I'd be able to chain the same color. Then obvious stuff like killing an enemy with a chain attack gives more rewards, status ailments last the whole chain so inflict them early, affinity and tension influence if you'll get the circle prompt to get another attack, don't chain while one of your characters is incapacitated (including by status ailments) cause they can't attack, etc.

New information on Digimon Survive mechanics for karma and evolution…

It’s interesting to see how your choices will affect evolution, but having it so blatantly obvious and colour coded is a bit strange. I wish the selection order was randomized and not colour coded. This feels like it should have been a new game plus mechanic to allow you to explore the other story and evolution paths instead of unlocked from the beginning - but I suppose players who want to explicitly choose what evolutions they get will be happy to know they can easily drive that. I think for my first play-through the colours will be distracting but I’ll try to ignore them. I want the choices in my first run through of the game to be authentic to my personality. 

41 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

The chain attacks in XC1 are pretty simple for the most part.

Agreed, in XC1 it’s pretty easy to create long running chains if your party is loaded with similarly coloured arts. I found it frustrating though that I couldn’t control how long the chain continued in the early half of the game - even if I had more arts of that colour unused since it was driven by affinity. It made me feel like I was doing it wrong when it would abruptly stop. It seemed kind of random, and it was frustrating. 

I much preferred the chain attack system in XC2 which put a lot more control in the player’s hands. If you properly planned what arts to use and broke an orb, you knew every round that the chain would continue. 

6 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

The chain attacks in XC1 are pretty simple for the most part. The only really important mechanic I remember is choosing the same color attacks (like red, pink, etc.) so that you get the multiplier (up to 5x), which increases both damage and healing. That led me to choose certain arts for characters just so that I'd be able to chain the same color. Then obvious stuff like killing an enemy with a chain attack gives more rewards, status ailments last the whole chain so inflict them early, affinity and tension influence if you'll get the circle prompt to get another attack, don't chain while one of your characters is incapacitated (including by status ailments) cause they can't attack, etc.

Thank you for such an in depth response to this. 

I took months, if not years at this point… away from this game after starting it so resuming from where I was I have just winged it all the way to chapter 16…

So excited for Bayonetta 3 :alexz:

Me looking for info on XC3's class change & combat system without trying to get spoiled

"Yes class change is pretty much mandatory especially for boss fights. if you dont balance out your party you'll wipe pretty fast. you'll have to utilise all the mechanics from what i can see. In terms of mechanics it is extremely difficult/complex. as someone who found XB2 fairly easy to wrap my head around, XB3 is surprisingly overwhelming. crazy amount of multitasking and micromanagement in combat if you want to maximise your dps. the customisation is also extremely complex between all the classes, arts, skills, gems, transformations."

:clown::clown::clown:

9 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Me looking for info.....

23 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Currently midway....

I TAKE IT ALL BACK 

200.gif

Ok i get the class switching now, and i'm only at the end of C2 :jonny5: we stan CUSTOMIZATION :jonny5:

Also Chain Attacks are so much better here than XC2, no more having a doc of all the elemental combos on my laptop while i play :bibliahh:

Just beat DE and Future Connected. Ready for GOTY. 

• ATRL Moderator
8 hours ago, Rence said:

Sounds like GOTY to me :giraffe:

Spilled :giraffe:

i hate how everyone in switch leaking scene is playing XC3 and not l wording digimon survive eventho its out in the wild :biblionny:

37 minutes ago, Rith said:

i hate how everyone in switch leaking scene is playing XC3 and not l wording digimon survive eventho its out in the wild :biblionny:

I don’t why they picked a release date next to two Nintendo published RPGs

the greatest game of all time is almost here :jonny5:

big publications like ign, GI, game spot being the outliers with lower scores just further confirm to me that it's a masterpiece :jonny5:

• ATRL Moderator

Not a reply to the above tweet saying the same Game Informer reviewer gave a higher score to Switch Sports than XC3 :bibliahh:

Edited by feelslikeadream

The reviews I’ve read all have me even more HYPED for GOTY. Even the lower outliers complain about things I literally do not care about (graphical quality mostly, which from trailers looks the same or better than 2 and I had no problems with that game). 

Poor Digimon Survive… my preorders from Amazon are both arriving on Aug 2 and I’m sad to say miss survive might end up in the drawer unopened for quite a while. Bandai Namco needs to be doing way more to hype up that release. 

5 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Not a reply to the above tweet saying the same Game Informer reviewer gave a higher score to Switch Sports than XC3 :bibliahh:

That’s just… sad. It’s easy to critique these publications when their scores don’t align across reviews with different journalists, but when the same journalist has scores across multiple reviews that make no sense that really lowers everyone’s faith in the publication all around. I mean no shade to Switch Sports (I didn’t play it myself so I can’t judge), but literally how can what is essentially an HD upgrade of a mini game collection released (twice!) already be a better game than something with 100+ hours of content? Especially from a single player perspective 

On 7/25/2022 at 9:46 AM, feelslikeadream said:

No Xeno 2 tutorials are just bad! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.