Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

On 7/20/2022 at 12:32 AM, johnzy13 said:

I think I’m half way through XC:DE and I’m at Valak mountain. Thats one of the most beautiful snow levels I’ve ever seen especially at night with the music. 

I’m also finally playing XC:DE (For the first time ever after purchasing it back in 2020 :eddie:) and I have just started chapter 10 now but have yet (from my memory) to go to Valak Mountain so wondering how long I have left as I’ve done over 30 hours already. :skull:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, P!nk said:

I’m also finally playing XC:DE (For the first time ever after purchasing it back in 2020 :eddie:) and I have just started chapter 10 now but have yet (from my memory) to go to Valak Mountain so wondering how long I have left as I’ve done over 30 hours already. :skull:

My playthrough of DE was faster than the original (since I knew everything lol) and took me 100 hours :gaycat: But if you're not a completionist, you're probably just over the halfway mark.

On 7/19/2022 at 7:56 AM, Martyr Of Fame said:

****. I didn’t know Bayonetta 3’s SE was up for preorder already and I missed it :jonny: 

I might be desperate enough to try and see if GameStop has it but I’m not sure it’s worth $90 :jonny2:

I'm not sure where you're located, but I don't remember seeing Target placing it for pre-order yet. I could be wrong

7 hours ago, M André said:

Reminder to y'all that Digimon Survive is coming next week 

I have it preordered but I still feel like we know next to NOTHING about this game. I believe I haven’t missed any news or trailers… they’ve just not bothered to release any information on the actual gameplay. I’m expecting Persona 5: Digimon edition from the little we’ve seen, but they haven’t even really shown any of the combat system. I have no idea what to expect - it’ looks like it’s on a grid so will it be a strategy game like FE? Will combat be turn based and similar to the Digimon World series? It’s up in the air. Please enlighten me if it’s clear to you. 

All that, combined with 3 years of delays makes me very anxious about the quality of this one. I will probably be distracted by XC3 so much that I’ll end up putting 1 hour total into this game before forgetting it exists, which is pretty sad because for the first year or so I was mega hyped for it. Nothing has trumped Digimon World 3 for me though. The Digimon Story games on DS came close, but I couldn’t really get into any of the cybersleuth or vpet games

10 hours ago, M André said:

Reminder to y'all that Digimon Survive is coming next week 

58a4c79c0053e4d19e5b5d8b031ee3d807ed321c

Might cancel my preorder, tbh :emofish:

• ATRL Moderator

ONE WEEK!!

w5nA2rk.gif

2 hours ago, LCTV said:

Where is the mariokart dlc

Nintendo hates us :(

Last Friday or this Friday would've been the perfect time and instead... nothing.

17 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

I have it preordered but I still feel like we know next to NOTHING about this game. I believe I haven’t missed any news or trailers… they’ve just not bothered to release any information on the actual gameplay. I’m expecting Persona 5: Digimon edition from the little we’ve seen, but they haven’t even really shown any of the combat system. I have no idea what to expect - it’ looks like it’s on a grid so will it be a strategy game like FE? Will combat be turn based and similar to the Digimon World series? It’s up in the air. Please enlighten me if it’s clear to you. 

All that, combined with 3 years of delays makes me very anxious about the quality of this one. I will probably be distracted by XC3 so much that I’ll end up putting 1 hour total into this game before forgetting it exists, which is pretty sad because for the first year or so I was mega hyped for it. Nothing has trumped Digimon World 3 for me though. The Digimon Story games on DS came close, but I couldn’t really get into any of the cybersleuth or vpet games

Have you watched this video? It's focused on the battle system.

Edited by thatsmydemi

I'm getting both XC3 and Digimon Survive on release day. Idk which one starts first though because both are too long. Digimon Survive is 40 hours long and there are like 3-4 routes :jonny5: 

Edited by thatsmydemi

@thatsmydemi

thank you for the resources. I had seen that trailer which is what had me leaning to FE style combat, but I hadn’t seen the tweets. The tweets don’t add much, but I guess by assumption a FE style rts system seems the most in line with all the comments they’ve made put together. But it just feels like every clip they show is just 2 seconds of animations during an attack. I kind of want to see how the turns are laid out, what your combat options are, etc.

I assume (and hope) the combat has some deep mechanics other than attacking from behind. I loved FE3H so if it is similar to that with Prof Layton/Ace Attorney style point and click searching for clues then I will probably like this game a lot. 

22 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

@thatsmydemi

thank you for the resources. I had seen that trailer which is what had me leaning to FE style combat, but I hadn’t seen the tweets. The tweets don’t add much, but I guess by assumption a FE style rts system seems the most in line with all the comments they’ve made put together. But it just feels like every clip they show is just 2 seconds of animations during an attack. I kind of want to see how the turns are laid out, what your combat options are, etc.

I assume (and hope) the combat has some deep mechanics other than attacking from behind. I loved FE3H so if it is similar to that with Prof Layton/Ace Attorney style point and click searching for clues then I will probably like this game a lot. 

I believe it's a turn based system similar to cyber sleuth. I remember a screenshot with the turns on the right, same as cyber sleuth. 

But sadly, I think the combat system is going to be rather simple. With how messy the production of this game has been, I doubt they have put too much effort into it, especially considering the focus is on the story. 

25 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

I believe it's a turn based system similar to cyber sleuth. I remember a screenshot with the turns on the right, same as cyber sleuth. 

But sadly, I think the combat system is going to be rather simple. With how messy the production of this game has been, I doubt they have put too much effort into it, especially considering the focus is on the story. 

Right. Well that’s fine, there’s 7 days left so we’ll have complete answers soon anyways (though Amazon still hasn’t set my ship date so I’m getting kind of triggered that they are actually out of initial stock and did too many preorders, and my copy isn’t going to be shipped for weeks :oxygen2:)

Survive looks interesting, I may pick it up soon. I enjoy the academy/social aspects from the trailers but not feeling the gameplay. Still, I enjoyed Cyber Sleuth so its worth looking into.

• ATRL Moderator

I'm kind of interested in Live A Live, especially after watching the IGN review :lakitu: I'll probably end up getting it eventually when it's on sale.

In other news, I was planning to not play anything until XC3 since I want my calendar CLEAR for it, but I ended up playing (and beating) Stray yesterday and it was so cute :kitty: Amazing environments/setting! I wish I could play a full 40+ hour game set in that world. Gameplay was pretty easy, but def enjoyed it and recommend it to any of you with PS/PC.

XC3 is out there now :bird:

I accidentally looked at some huge XC3 spoilers. I’m not sure when the spoiler takes place but judging by what I read, it might have been the ending. :rip:

I think I will try to emulate it on my PC so I can finish it before I learn even more. :gaycat6:

3 hours ago, touchofmyhand said:

I accidentally looked at some huge XC3 spoilers. I’m not sure when the spoiler takes place but judging by what I read, it might have been the ending. :rip:

I think I will try to emulate it on my PC so I can finish it before I learn even more. :gaycat6:

Girl that’s a bit of a reach… do you really think a 60+ hour game was completed by someone in basically 2 days? The game just got into the hands of people 5 minutes ago. I sincerely doubt whatever you saw was the ending. Spoilers still suck though wherever they are in the story - so why are you even looking anyways? Even if it was an accident… like that’s on you- and then using it to justify piracy :deadbanana2:

Edited by youreyesgocold

43 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Girl that’s a bit of a reach… do you really think a 60+ hour game was completed by someone in basically 2 days? The game just got into the hands of people 5 minutes ago. I sincerely doubt whatever you saw was the ending. Spoilers still suck though wherever they are in the story - so why are you even looking anyways? Even if it was an accident… like that’s on you- and then using it to justify piracy :deadbanana2:

I didn’t look for it on purpose. But someone filedumped the entire game and people were able to extract all of the cutscenes, so I hope you’re right, but there’s still a chance I got spoiled.

I mean I preordered 2 copies and the DLC so I don’t really have to justify anything. :rip:

• ATRL Moderator
10 hours ago, Rence said:

It sounds amazing in full :jonny5:

6 more days :jonny5:

This is so good omg :WAP:

Can't believe we're less than a week away :WAP:

On 7/20/2022 at 9:14 PM, DanceFreak said:

Live a  Live L-worded :gaycat:

23 hours ago, DanceFreak said:

XC3 is out there now :bird:

Thank you! 

Now to figure out which to play first :matty:

EDIT: 1 hour into LAL and i'm bored as **** :deadbanana2: it feels so tedious :deadbanana2:

On 7/22/2022 at 8:45 AM, youreyesgocold said:

Right. Well that’s fine, there’s 7 days left so we’ll have complete answers soon anyways (though Amazon still hasn’t set my ship date so I’m getting kind of triggered that they are actually out of initial stock and did too many preorders, and my copy isn’t going to be shipped for weeks :oxygen2:)

it looks like a major flop and cheap 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.