Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

• ATRL Moderator

Xenogays about to EAT.

"All in all, from what we've seen so far, this is shaping up to be an epic Xenoblade adventure that's superior in every way to its predecessors, with a deep and satisfying combat system that explains itself more clearly, crisp visuals, jaw-dropping cutscenes, incredible vistas, and tons of variety in its locations and enemies. It's been a smooth and stutter-free performance experience for us so far too, even when battles get super-heated — which they very often will.... [E]verything from that cracking new combat system to the twisting, turning storyline, superbly written characters and top-notch world-building is making for a third entry in this series that's hitting all the right notes so far."

tumblr_inline_ou203pdKLI1qiek1e_400.gif

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

55 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Xenogays about to EAT.

"All in all, from what we've seen so far, this is shaping up to be an epic Xenoblade adventure that's superior in every way to its predecessors, with a deep and satisfying combat system that explains itself more clearly, crisp visuals, jaw-dropping cutscenes, incredible vistas, and tons of variety in its locations and enemies. It's been a smooth and stutter-free performance experience for us so far too, even when battles get super-heated — which they very often will.... [E]verything from that cracking new combat system to the twisting, turning storyline, superbly written characters and top-notch world-building is making for a third entry in this series that's hitting all the right notes so far."

tumblr_inline_ou203pdKLI1qiek1e_400.gif

I'm so ******* excited :jonny5: 

Critics better treat this well because they did XC2 wrong. 

On 7/10/2022 at 4:52 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Yeah I know about Perfect Works and the troubled history of the Xeno- games. I was so dismayed playing Xenogears and hitting that last part where they rush the plot forward :toofunny3: It's nice that the game is still considered an RPG classic, but imagine the fully fleshed out version we could have had. Queen Elly deserved better. (Maybe Monolith should remake and expand it so we can see some of those cutscenes in modern HD graphics.)

I'm torn because they're obviously having the most success with -blade so it makes sense to keep it from a marketing standpoint, but I feel like they're going to need to come up with new gameplay, story ideas, etc. anyway, so dragging out -blade isn't the best move. Maybe a workaround would be to keep "Xenoblade" but change "Chronicles" to something else. It can be an entirely new game series, but keep the first part so people know it's from the same devs at least.

(The exception is that we still need the two XCX sequels Xenoblade Chronicles Y and Xenoblade Chronicles Z :fan:)

It's fun to talk to someone actually familiar with Perfect Works! Always seems like one of those super niche kinds of things - even my good friend who adores Xenoblade 1 more than any other game isn't familiar with it. I do kind of wonder if the slow sprinkling in of Perfect Works elements into the Xenoblade series - like the Conduit basically just being a Zohar - means that whatever is next will have more Perfect Works influences to it, since I've read that Xenoblade's original concept as just "Monado" was basically the same but distinct from the "Xeno" stuff before they slapped that label on there. I agree that changing "Chronicles" to some other word could be a way to show that it's still the same overarching metaseries, but a clean break from the specific story of 1 and 2 (and now 3) and how those worlds relate. Of course, they could pull a real surprise and 3 could lead into a hypothetical 4, but with some of the promotional moves like the "Finale" wording on those soundtrack titles, I'm not expecting something like that at this point.

All of this is reminding me I really need to actually finish those games and play Torna, I'm so miserably behind.

I'm so excited for XC3 but I have such a big backlog that I probably won't be able to get to it for a couple of months. 

Currently playing Ys IX and it's so fun :WAP:

Nintendo just announced a new Kirby game releasing this summer !

• ATRL Moderator
10 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

It's fun to talk to someone actually familiar with Perfect Works! Always seems like one of those super niche kinds of things - even my good friend who adores Xenoblade 1 more than any other game isn't familiar with it. I do kind of wonder if the slow sprinkling in of Perfect Works elements into the Xenoblade series - like the Conduit basically just being a Zohar - means that whatever is next will have more Perfect Works influences to it, since I've read that Xenoblade's original concept as just "Monado" was basically the same but distinct from the "Xeno" stuff before they slapped that label on there. I agree that changing "Chronicles" to some other word could be a way to show that it's still the same overarching metaseries, but a clean break from the specific story of 1 and 2 (and now 3) and how those worlds relate. Of course, they could pull a real surprise and 3 could lead into a hypothetical 4, but with some of the promotional moves like the "Finale" wording on those soundtrack titles, I'm not expecting something like that at this point.

All of this is reminding me I really need to actually finish those games and play Torna, I'm so miserably behind.

I think they're definitely going to use more PW lore in XC3. I mean, I thought that as soon as I saw the names for the continent and countries:

Ignas / Aveh --> Aionios / Agnus

Kislev --> Keves

:dies:

I'm not sure how closely you've been following the XC3 pre-release information, but there are hints at a lot of story elements straight out of Xenogears and PW. For example, the melding together of the XC1 world with the XC2 world can be explained by PW lore. I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Noah and Mio end up having a similar story arc to Fei and Elly, especially since some of the lore points towards some form of reincarnation. I'm most interested to see how Klaus will factor into XC3 tbh. His backstory feels so central to the -blade worlds but also minimized in the actual games so far. His lore + PW lore gets so confusing, so honestly, I wish Monolith would just start with a new idea for the next series :dies:

Finish which games? I only haven't played the -saga games yet :'( I often consider just playing ROMs but I'm afraid Monolith will release remasters soon and then I'll regret not playing that instead.

2 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Currently playing Ys IX and it's so fun :WAP:

Are you playing it on switch? If so how's the performance? :snorkle:

20 minutes ago, Touch Pass said:

Are you playing it on switch? If so how's the performance? :snorkle:

I haven’t noticed any major issues, but I also don’t pay much attention to FPS drops unless they are massive drops. The performance on the switch hasn’t been enough to turn me off tbh

3 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

I haven’t noticed any major issues, but I also don’t pay much attention to FPS drops unless they are massive drops. The performance on the switch hasn’t been enough to turn me off tbh

Thanks! :bird:

I just saw too many people complaining about it and I wasn't sure what to expect. But from some videos I watched it looked kinda fine honestly 

• ATRL Moderator

I've never played the Ys series but it's come up in like 4 conversations in the last few weeks and I'm starting to wonder if I should look into the series. (There are just so many games :toofunny3:)

4 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I've never played the Ys series but it's come up in like 4 conversations in the last few weeks and I'm starting to wonder if I should look into the series. (There are just so many games :toofunny3:)

Girl you should definitely give it a try. I was reluctant to play it at first because I'm not a huge fan of action RPGs, I like more strategy and turn based RPGs, but I decided to play Ys VIII and really enjoyed it, the story and the setting were great and the battle mechanics were actually fun. Then even though I liked Ys VIII I was reluctant to play Ys IX because from screenshots it looks like the entire setting is in one city and it looked gray and ugly, but the gameplay is so good and the story is interesting enough to keep me entertained 

I can vouch for Ys VIII specifically. I haven't played IX yet, but VIII got me out of a huge gaming dry spell not too long ago and it's been fun to return to. I've started Ys Origin and it's pretty fantastic. I think it's a series I'll get deeper into with time.

Falcom, generally speaking, very rarely misses the mark - they're really good at what they do. Their other major flagship series, Trails, is something I've been slowly working my way into for years, and it's HUGE. Like, they're halfway done and that's with 10 games so far (11 in Japan, soon to be 12 in September). Love the characters, love the world. Just wish more of them were on Switch since it's literally the perfect system for them. :katie:

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I think they're definitely going to use more PW lore in XC3. I mean, I thought that as soon as I saw the names for the continent and countries:

Ignas / Aveh --> Aionios / Agnus

Kislev --> Keves

:dies:

I'm not sure how closely you've been following the XC3 pre-release information, but there are hints at a lot of story elements straight out of Xenogears and PW. For example, the melding together of the XC1 world with the XC2 world can be explained by PW lore. I also wouldn't be surprised at all if Noah and Mio end up having a similar story arc to Fei and Elly, especially since some of the lore points towards some form of reincarnation. I'm most interested to see how Klaus will factor into XC3 tbh. His backstory feels so central to the -blade worlds but also minimized in the actual games so far. His lore + PW lore gets so confusing, so honestly, I wish Monolith would just start with a new idea for the next series :dies:

Finish which games? I only haven't played the -saga games yet :'( I often consider just playing ROMs but I'm afraid Monolith will release remasters soon and then I'll regret not playing that instead.

I haven't actually finished XC1 or XC2 :toofunny2: I'm at 50+ hours into both but I've had a pretty horrible work experience the last few years with near-constant on-call, so I've let them both fall away and need to pick up again. I'm currently at the Fallen Arm and Morytha, respectively. And that's to say nothing of Future Connected, Torna, and the older Xeno games! I also haven't played XCX but I have a Wii U in storage to do that if I feel the urge.

• ATRL Moderator
52 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I haven't actually finished XC1 or XC2 :toofunny2: I'm at 50+ hours into both but I've had a pretty horrible work experience the last few years with near-constant on-call, so I've let them both fall away and need to pick up again. I'm currently at the Fallen Arm and Morytha, respectively. And that's to say nothing of Future Connected, Torna, and the older Xeno games! I also haven't played XCX but I have a Wii U in storage to do that if I feel the urge.

Omg sis, so you don't even know anything about Klaus! (Unless you read about the parts you haven't played yet) :dies:  Are you going to start XC3 when it drops, or are you waiting to beat the other games? You better take a vacation from work and get through all these classics (including XCX, which is different, but excellent) :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

Girl you should definitely give it a try. I was reluctant to play it at first because I'm not a huge fan of action RPGs, I like more strategy and turn based RPGs, but I decided to play Ys VIII and really enjoyed it, the story and the setting were great and the battle mechanics were actually fun. Then even though I liked Ys VIII I was reluctant to play Ys IX because from screenshots it looks like the entire setting is in one city and it looked gray and ugly, but the gameplay is so good and the story is interesting enough to keep me entertained 

I mean, I'm a big fan of action RPGs and I've only heard good things about the series. Just gotta take the plunge once I have a break in my gaming schedule—XC3 is about to dominate the late summer/fall, then I have a few lined up after that. But I'll probably go to Ys as my next RPG (unless I get Tales of Arise for super cheap in the meantime).

6 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Omg sis, so you don't even know anything about Klaus! (Unless you read about the parts you haven't played yet) :dies:  Are you going to start XC3 when it drops, or are you waiting to beat the other games? You better take a vacation from work and get through all these classics (including XCX, which is different, but excellent) :jonnycat:

I'm a sucker for lore and spoiled myself entirely! XC3 will be a nice opportunity to, um, not do that this time. :gaycat4: I quit my job tho so those demons will never interfere, and my new one gives me so much more time - hoping to finish the other two before the 29th, but also working on my secret side passion for writing so like who knows? :gaycat6:

The way I'm struggling to beat the final battle on XC2: Torna but Idc because I'm having so much fun :lmao:

Omg I cried like a baby with the end of Torna :weeps:

Xenoblade remains the only franchise capable of making me cry. What an amazing story. :weeps:

Now I have to finish future connected (I left the game before the final boss because I couldn't defeat him :rip:).

Next I will do the DLC content that comes with Torna for the base game. This is what I'm most excited about :duca:

• ATRL Moderator

Bayonetta 3, October 28th

7 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

this actually looks so good. an upgrade from the reveal trailer

the summer direct is basically not gonna happen huh

20 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Omg I'm so glad is finally coming. :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator

Personally, I find the blue lipstick hideous, so I won't be playing :nicole: (But maybe they'll add costume unlockables where you can change the lip color?)

I honestly don’t know what I just watched or how to feel about it:jonny:

It’s so…different. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.