Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

beyond outstanding direct

new zelda brought tears to my eyes, M&L looks amazing, MP4 lives.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

2 hours ago, Rence said:

His hint was for a game revealed in the JP Direct :bibliahh:

honestly just annoying lol, rip bird

Holy **** wait we got a new Zelda OMG I've been so busy at work 

As much as I'm hyped for Zelda I wish it was BOTW/TOTK format and it was a launch with the new switch or even 2025/26, I wouldn't have minded waiting years for a full "live" Zelda game where you play as Zelda.

will I still be purchasing? Of course. 

• Like 1

What an amazing direct tbh 

Usually I go into them with a little hope and get severely disappointed, but this time I went in ready to be disappointed and was very pleasantly surprised! 

I wasn't a huge fan of TTYD but the gameplay of Mario and Luigi looked really fun. 

My husband and I have played the absolute crap out of Mario Party Superstars so that new Mario party game is going to be a day one purchase for us 

and then, the thing that blew me away, NEW ZELDA???? With a playable Zelda??? MIND. BLOWN. They really said "how to do we take TOTK and make it 2D?" And then DID IT. I'm a little scared for the toggle of echos, since I found the  fuse menu in TOTK slightly clunky and this looks exactly the same, but I don't even care! I also love how the map looks a little like ALTTP's world, but expanded! 

That Mario & Luigi game looks generic and unwashed. They should have just remade Superstar Saga and overhauled the graphics and battle system

I wasn't interested in the idea of a new 2D Zelda game but this new one seems really interesting. Hopefully it has enough content to justify a $60 price tag

Playable Zelda and MP4!!! Can't wait for the Switch 2 graphics to kick in :gaycat4:

• Haha 6

Ughhhh kinda wanna replay all the ace attorney games now too. I hate Nintendo so much. 

Zelda is finally gonna bed Ganon

:suburban:

2 minutes ago, Dylangaga said:

Zelda is finally gonna bed Ganon

Sister, we may not have gotten the LG7 lead today but at least we have a traditional Zelda game coming. 

• Haha 3

I kinda wish the playable zelda game wasnt in the link's awakening art style but I will be purchasing

So do we think prime 4 will launch with the next console a la botw/switch? (I didn't see if this was answered in the all the new pages, feeling lazy hehe)

What truly made this Direct for me was the AAI collection. I can't believe we're actually gonna get it :WAP:

Definitely did not expect that Link's Awakening-style Zelda game. I'll be looking forward to that one. Didn't expect Metroid Prime 4 to be revealed like that either. For a second, I thought they were announcing MP2 and MP3. Kinda giving Normani a bit with the insanely long wait and slightly underwhelming teaser trailer…

I wished they released DLC for Mario Party Superstars but I'll take a new game, it looks really fun!

• Like 1

MP4 omg :WAP: They're definitely dropping 2&3 soon if they kept 4 in the Title.

The graphics were the same as MPR which is still good. I wonder if it's a Switch 2 game and they'll show it with updated graphics

3 hours ago, QueenB said:

I kinda wish the playable zelda game wasnt in the link's awakening art style but I will be purchasing

I feel like testing the waters for a game focused around Zelda with the 2D style was their best bet.

I had a feeling they would either do another remake (Oracle games) or a new game in the Link's Awakening style. It was well received

I love it personally :ihype:

• Like 1

I know Prime 4 is going to be amazing, I just think for a proper reveal literally several years in the making it needed more of a wow factor.

I still remember how much the trailer for Metroid Dread gagged everybody :gayorkcat2:

on one hand no one saw it coming but on the other hand it just had so much intensity and style to its reveal. 

Metroid Prime 4's reveal trailer honestly didn't do much for me because it felt very same old same old to me. It also just wasn't a well put together teaser honestly (aside from Samus appearing I'll give it that, it's hard for that not to be iconic)

I know that is only the first trailer we'll see of many (I'm assuming Nintendo will market this hard) and I trust Retro - I just think it deserved a better reveal for how long we've waited since it was first announced 7 years ago :kitty:

Still not over the way Nintendo gagged me. I thought this year was a chop. :loki:

• Like 2

June: Luigi's Mansion 2

July: NES World Championships

August: Nothing

September: Zelda

October: Mario Party

November: Mario and Luigi

December: Nothing

Maybe they'll sneak in Metroid Prime 2 + 3 in December? Apparently it's not a remaster just an upscaled port so it's possible. :michael:

Oh wow, oh WOW

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Attitude said:

June: Luigi's Mansion 2

July: NES World Championships

August: Nothing

September: Zelda

October: Mario Party

November: Mario and Luigi

December: Nothing

Maybe they'll sneak in Metroid Prime 2 + 3 in December? Apparently it's not a remaster just an upscaled port so it's possible. :michael:

Their only December titles are Smash (2018) and XC2 (2017). I think they realized it's better to release before December to take full advantage of holiday sales especially Black Friday.

Prime 2 + 3 might be shadowdropped or get a separate announcement for a release soon.

Do y'all think Dread will out perform 4 :suburban: 

Charging up my Switch that has been dead for months to play Zero Mission 3vSuhlE.png

new (playable!) Zelda is a GAG but nothing else really exciting for me at this time

Happy to see playable Zelda; hoping that means they're ready to debut her as playable for the Switch 2 BOTW/TOTK style game. 

I like the remakes / remasters, too. My dad still has his working consoles (NES, SNES, PS1, N64, etc) but I haven't played a bunch of the games on there and playing them without clunky controls and with much better graphics is definitely the way to go. I just wait till they're discounted a little. 

Oh and 17+ N64 app means @Conker's Bad Fur Day on NSO eventually  conker9.thumb.jpg.92f286968989acdf97451b  where is Diddy Kong Racing?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.