Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

I know it's unrealistic but I really want to get Twilight Princess and Wind Waker bundled together, because I can't justify $60 for one game that I've bought on 3 systems now :clown:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Finished Triangle Strategy

spacer.png

It's really too bad they frontload the story so that in the first few hours, you only do one battle and sit through pages and pages of dialogue. I'm sure a lot of people are turned off by that. But the story and combat are both excellent the farther you go.

Spill on your fave units to use :jonnycat: u probably couldn't fully upgrade all of them, but some of their ultimates are so cool & good. NG+ has u at the same level u ended on, & u can unlock & upgrade more characters if you're interested in that. It's quite fun cuz u can skip all of the 40 min cutscenes, & focus on combat. 

Which route did u end on? Btw :lakitu:

All these posts are making me consider getting Traingle Strategy. :jonnycat:. One of the games I've been waiting for them to remaster is Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, so i've been craving a game like that for while, i might give a try + its on discount i think

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

Spill on your fave units to use :jonnycat: u probably couldn't fully upgrade all of them, but some of their ultimates are so cool & good. NG+ has u at the same level u ended on, & u can unlock & upgrade more characters if you're interested in that. It's quite fun cuz u can skip all of the 40 min cutscenes, & focus on combat. 

Which route did u end on? Btw :lakitu:

I know it will sound dull, but I truly ended up just using the main party for almost the entire game :rip: They're just better units than the ones you get later, in my experience. For example Geela was FAR better than that BossaNova lady or that USELESS one who uses up your items to heal :biblio: And Hughette >>>>>> the old man who can only move like 2 squares. The character from the main cast I didn't use all the time was Roland, who was just so squishy that it wasn't always worth it.

The only characters I used almost every time that aren't the "main" party were Corentin and Narve, plus Julio to give them TP so they could use their magic more often (by end of game, I was using Julio instead to give Benedict TP for his "go twice" move or Geela for her auto-revive spell). And then I used some people often, but not always, like Ezana. I had Ezana and Narve take turns bolting the water in that one fight where the boss and all their lackeys walk into the fountain outside the castle :fan: That was fun.

So I decided to just go with my heart in all my choices, and I managed to do that successfully EXCEPT I was trying to vote to keep Roland and my party voted to surrender him. But then it was getting very late in the game and I decided finally to look up the Golden Route just to see if I had strayed too far from it, and it turned out I was still on it :eek: And that was thanks to them outvoting me re: Roland :laugh: So at that point, I just finished it out that way, so that I would only have to do one playthrough and see the full ending. Apparently this is a bad idea for a first run cause the battles can be hard (and the battle on the icy gate map was so hard I almost screamed), but I got through them all. I did love the game, but I have such a big back catalogue that I'm not playing it again. I can count the games I've played more than once on one hand lol.

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, artc0cx said:

All these posts are making me consider getting Traingle Strategy. :jonnycat:. One of the games I've been waiting for them to remaster is Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced, so i've been craving a game like that for while, i might give a try + its on discount i think

FFTA is one of the best games of all time :hippo: If we both liked that, it might be a good sign you'd also like Triangle Strategy. As long as you're OK with a lot of story, I recommend!

42 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I know it will sound dull, but I truly ended up just using the main party for almost the entire game :rip: They're just better units than the ones you get later, in my experience. For example Geela was FAR better than that BossaNova lady or that USELESS one who uses up your items to heal :biblio: And Hughette >>>>>> the old man who can only move like 2 squares. The character from the main cast I didn't use all the time was Roland, who was just so squishy that it wasn't always worth it.

The only characters I used almost every time that aren't the "main" party were Corentin and Narve, plus Julio to give them TP so they could use their magic more often (by end of game, I was using Julio instead to give Benedict TP for his "go twice" move or Geela for her auto-revive spell). And then I used some people often, but not always, like Ezana. I had Ezana and Narve take turns bolting the water in that one fight where the boss and all their lackeys walk into the fountain outside the castle :fan: That was fun.

So I decided to just go with my heart in all my choices, and I managed to do that successfully EXCEPT I was trying to vote to keep Roland and my party voted to surrender him. But then it was getting very late in the game and I decided finally to look up the Golden Route just to see if I had strayed too far from it, and it turned out I was still on it :eek: And that was thanks to them outvoting me re: Roland :laugh: So at that point, I just finished it out that way, so that I would only have to do one playthrough and see the full ending. Apparently this is a bad idea for a first run cause the battles can be hard (and the battle on the icy gate map was so hard I almost screamed), but I got through them all. I did love the game, but I have such a big back catalogue that I'm not playing it again. I can count the games I've played more than once on one hand lol.

Screaming at u getting the Golden Route 1st run, that's so rare :deadbanana2: 

Ur right that Roland is ASS tho, a situational glass cannon, that doesn't even hit that hard :rip:

Slay with Corentin tho :gaycat1:Glacial Moon + TP on Ice, makes him the best mage imo.

42 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

that USELESS one who uses up your items to heal :biblio: 

Medina? :rip: Girl, she's one of the T3 units :dies: I only got her in my 2nd playthrough, but she never left the team after.

She has this passive that gives TP to every ally she heals, with that u can make her give 4 units 2TP in 1 turn, at the cost of 1 TP, & two $500 Large Recovery Pellet.

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

FFTA is one of the best games of all time :hippo: If we both liked that, it might be a good sign you'd also like Triangle Strategy. As long as you're OK with a lot of story, I recommend!

Omg taste :WAP: i love well written stories so Its definitely on my list now

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Medina? :rip: Girl, she's one of the T3 units :dies: I only got her in my 2nd playthrough, but she never left the team after.

She has this passive that gives TP to every ally she heals, with that u can make her give 4 units 2TP in 1 turn, at the cost of 1 TP, & two $500 Large Recovery Pellet.

Ok but I wasn't gonna ever unlock that passive since I only used her once, then once more when you're forced to when you split into three groups :rip: Like I hardly ever had medicine, only what I found in the exploration phase. I'm a money hoarder in games, so I wasn't just buying pellets for her to use when I have a dedicated healer in Geela who also gets an auto-revive spell :nicole2:

Damn, should I just get Fire Emblem Engage? :rip: It got totally mixed recepetion but y'all just hyping it up

I still rememeber playing FE3H the first time. The way I got so attached to my team and the whole story. I always made best choices for Sylvain because I had a crush on him. And Dimitri's story was very cool

I really want another 2D Zelda, either a completely new one or another remake (maybe the Oracle games?) à la Link's Awakening. Couldn't care less about WW/TP, I played those on the Wii U and could replay them whenever I feel like it, plus the lack of a second screen will inevitably make the Switch versions feel like a downgrade. It sounds like such a minor thing, but being able to switch weapons with just one tap or having a map available at all times without it cluttering the main screen is so incredibly convenient.

Wii U the misunderstood serve that you are! :WAP:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ATRL Moderator
11 hours ago, Kern said:

Damn, should I just get Fire Emblem Engage? :rip: It got totally mixed recepetion but y'all just hyping it up

Who has been hyping up Engage? 

:clack:

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Kern said:

I still rememeber playing FE3H the first time. The way I got so attached to my team and the whole story. I always made best choices for Sylvain because I had a crush on him. And Dimitri's story was very cool

If you enjoy the tactical game play elements of the fire emblem series, you should get it. 

The story and most of the characters are abysmal

• Like 1

This is so random

20 hours ago, Kern said:

Only get it if you want good gameplay and some challenge.

Fanservice to previous FE titles is nice, but the story and characters are hilariously bad that you might regret your purchase. Reading the dialogue was torture for me:rip:

• Like 1

I took a 4 month break from TOTK so I'm gonna get back to playing this weekend. I only beat 2 temples so far:suburban:

52 minutes ago, Dylangaga said:

I only beat 2 temples so far:suburban:

I just checked the number of hours you've logged into this game and

:suburban:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rence said:

This is so random

Cackling at this coming to Switch but not Xbox :fan:

6 days till SMTV:V :jonny5: 

15 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Who has been hyping up Engage? 

User @Magickarp! He told me it's one of his favorite games. I have receipts 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rence said:

I just checked the number of hours you've logged into this game and

:suburban:

We already had this discussion!!

I have to explore everything before I can proceed:gaycat4:

• Like 1

Metroid Prime 4 please :jonny5: 

5 hours ago, Rence said:

Someone posted about a fake Banjo-Katooie remake and it's all I need. The rest of the year could be empty and I'd be beyond hyped.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 6:01 AM, SlowGinFizzzz said:

I really want another 2D Zelda, either a completely new one or another remake (maybe the Oracle games?) à la Link's Awakening. Couldn't care less about WW/TP, I played those on the Wii U and could replay them whenever I feel like it, plus the lack of a second screen will inevitably make the Switch versions feel like a downgrade. It sounds like such a minor thing, but being able to switch weapons with just one tap or having a map available at all times without it cluttering the main screen is so incredibly convenient.

Hide contents

Wii U the misunderstood serve that you are! :WAP:

I completely agree!!! I know the OG games didn't have the second screen but at this point it's an essential QOL upgrade that would be really hard to play without. 

• Like 1

Well it's over 

In Pyoro we trust :jonnycat:

• ATRL Moderator
18 hours ago, Rence said:

Peak?

New Ice Climber game CONFIRMED!

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.