Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

On 1/6/2024 at 9:59 AM, Mouni9248 said:

Has anyone played Hogwarts Legacy on the switch?

If yes, is it good?

The game itself wasn’t all that to me but technically, it was fine. Obviously, the visuals are extremely downgraded compared to PS5 but it looks and runs fine for a Switch game. One biggest difference is that it’s not an open world game on Switch, but a semi open world which annoyed way too many people for some reason. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

• ATRL Moderator

spacer.png

• Like 5

I’ve been playing Paper Mario on NSO for the first time ever and it’s SO cute and charming. I love NSO for being able to explore all of these older systems, and I owned a N64 so it’s very nostalgic. Now we just need GameCube on there :gaycat1:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

spacer.png

Cultural reset. And then the pink DS lite? I was quaking.

iA4vmg4.gif

I beat Super Mario RPG and almost 100%’d it and I finally get the obsession for decades.

iA4vmg4.gif

• Like 2

Just finished Super Mario Wonder and  Nintendo really outdid themselves :jonny: Ive been slacking on video games for a WHILE and this is the first Mario game ive played from start to finish since I was a kid. Definitely gonna try and pick up some more games and check out the remasters + Princess Peach this year :duca

Me when I play the Search Party levels in Wonder

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2024 at 11:48 AM, Eternium said:

I beat Super Mario RPG and almost 100%’d it and I finally get the obsession for decades.

iA4vmg4.gif

The final final final boss was ridiculously hard :deadbanana2:

Been replaying tears of the kingdom AGAIN and I’m completely amazed with the game like it’s the first time I’m playing :jonnycat:

of course there are flaws and annoyances, but I’ve always been a huge breath of the wild fan so having an (in my opinion) upgraded version is awesome

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rence said:

The final final final boss was ridiculously hard :deadbanana2:

I just beat him. It took me one try and I did it in 28 turns. Do you want some tips? 

Put Peach in the Lazy Shell with the Safety Badge Equipment. All characters should be level 30 - you can level up everyone super quick and easy by fighting the Speardovich replica boss in the final area of Weapon World. Give Mario the Attack Scarf (or Jinx Belt if you can’t get it) and your other character the Quartz Charm (I recommend Geno). Focus on killing the crystals first, starting with the Wind Crystal who causes status effects.

15 hours ago, Cult Leader 𐕣𐕣 said:

Just finished Super Mario Wonder and  Nintendo really outdid themselves :jonny: Ive been slacking on video games for a WHILE and this is the first Mario game ive played from start to finish since I was a kid. Definitely gonna try and pick up some more games and check out the remasters + Princess Peach this year :duca

You need Super Mario RPG, sis :heart2: 

8 hours ago, xXavril said:

Been replaying tears of the kingdom AGAIN and I’m completely amazed with the game like it’s the first time I’m playing :jonnycat:

of course there are flaws and annoyances, but I’ve always been a huge breath of the wild fan so having an (in my opinion) upgraded version is awesome

This has me so hyped to play this. I have a feeling that Switch 2 is coming in November so I might just wait until then. Nintendo has put a few games out of print so I think the announcement is almost here.

• Like 1

Nintendo Selects are probably coming

• ATRL Moderator

Launching a Selects line 7 years into its life cycle??? :ahh:

Kind of a weird move, but it would at least feel basically like confirmation of backwards compatibility (which I expect anyway).

7 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Launching a Selects line 7 years into its life cycle??? :ahh:

Kind of a weird move, but it would at least feel basically like confirmation of backwards compatibility (which I expect anyway).

There’s speculation that they could just be updating boxes to say they’re backwards compatible, too, like XBox did for the Series X/S.

Btw, Pyoro is posting spoilers for the next Nintendo Direct, if anyone’s interested. Be warned, this is a SPOILER.

Wait switch doesn’t have a selects line already :deadbanana: maybe I’m thinking of the 3ds line :deadbanana:

11 hours ago, Eternium said:

I just beat him. It took me one try and I did it in 28 turns. Do you want some tips? 

Reveal hidden contents

I beat ha with 42 turns. Having to grind one enemy just to level up my team was very tedious but the end feels so rewarding :ducky:

3 hours ago, Eternium said:

Btw, Pyoro is posting spoilers for the next Nintendo Direct, if anyone’s interested. Be warned, this is a SPOILER.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think it's Direct spoilers, I think he's saying that

Spoiler

One of the previously announced GBA games will be "properly" announced today for, likely, a next week release date. He's replying to a tweet he made last year when Excitebike 64 was "properly" announced.

• ATRL Moderator

18 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Well it’s over :redface:

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, Rence said:

Well it’s over :redface:

Lol that's obviously just them trying to backpedal cause they realize they shouldn't have said that :nicole:

my feed is flooded with glowing reviews of the new Prince of Persia, "the best side-scroller since Metroid Dread", "if Hades became a metroidvania", "the triumphal comeback of a forgotten licence" ...

i didn't even know this game existed until today

honeycardi-horse.gif 

when do ubisoft games usually go on sale, they usually the fastest studio to slash their price

10 hours ago, Rence said:

I beat ha with 42 turns. Having to grind one enemy just to level up my team was very tedious but the end feels so rewarding :ducky:

I liked that he was a guaranteed spawn and I could beat him with plain attacks before he even got a move in. I was able to level everyone to level 30 in like 20 minutes.

11 hours ago, Katamari said:

Wait switch doesn’t have a selects line already :deadbanana: maybe I’m thinking of the 3ds line :deadbanana:

Their software sales have just been too good this generation that they didn’t need it. I’m sure they’re going to do them now to basically get in last minute sales. I think they realize they can pass the PS2.

9 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I don't think it's Direct spoilers, I think he's saying that

Hide contents

One of the previously announced GBA games will be "properly" announced today for, likely, a next week release date. He's replying to a tweet he made last year when Excitebike 64 was "properly" announced.

You were right. They just announced both Golden Sun games :duca: 

JRPG classics and the best GBA games :jonny5:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rence said:

JRPG classics and the best GBA games :jonny5:

Hopefully this'll reignite interest and we'll finally get a sequel to Dark Dawn :monkey: anyways, I can't wait!

355 hours later and I just beat the 2nd temple, the fire temple!:jonny:

I have 17 hearts, 260 Korok seeds, almost 6 batteries, and completed 70 shrines :duca:

See yall in 2025 when I complete the game! :giraffe:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.