Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

Ranked all the 2023 games I played (including non-Switch games cause I can’t be bothered to find that flop PS base thread)

1. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

2. Baldur’s Gate 3

3. Metroid Prime Remastered

4. Pikmin 4

5. Super Mario Bros. Wonder

6. Spider-Man 2

7.  Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed

8. Final Fantasy XVI

9. Super Mario RPG

10. Pokemon Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero

11. Hogwarts Legacy

12. Fire Emblem Engage

Also ranked the non-2023 games I played this year

Spoiler

1. Elden Ring

2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask

3. Persona 5 Royal

4. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

5. Midnight Suns

6. Spider-Man 2018

7. God of War 2018

8. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

9. Horizon Zero Dawn

10. No Man’s Sky

11. Spider-Man: Miles Morales

12. Horizon Forbidden West

13. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

What a great year for gaming :bird:

• Like 2

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

4 hours ago, Rence said:

I was doing my ranking of 2023 games and I almost forgot that Fire Emblem Engage existed :redface:

I wish Intelligent Systems made an effort to write story and characters with depth cause the gameplay is amazing (the best in modern FE imo), then I remember they also made FE Fates (great gameplay, awful story) :redface:

I really hope they do a big postmortem on Engage. Going from selling 4m copies to 1.6m with only one entry is a massive drop off and is concerning considering nearly every other franchise is constantly growing on Switch. The whole game was poorly planned from reveal to release to even post-content. Let alone the issues with story (and characters). 

I keep on seeing FE stans saying Engage was never going to be as big as Three Houses cause it was the second entry on Switch, but Splatoon 3 will outsell Splatoon 2 and Fates outsold Awakening. I kinda think the ceiling for a tactics RPG like FE is around 5m considering 3H is the best selling game in that genre, but even so I think Engage should have been able to reach 3M copies...

• Like 1

I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time on switch.... I always heard good things but how did I sleep on this series for this long

:clown:

it's so good so far :worship2:

1 hour ago, ebaby said:

I'm playing Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time on switch.... I always heard good things but how did I sleep on this series for this long

The girls with taste stan Sharla :sistrens:

Is engage a whole new entry because it kind of looks like a greatest hits kind of thing :clown:

ot: the new Layton game is going to be a huge collapse :jonnycat: that talking electric Rodent and his twink won’t know what hit him :jonny6:

1 hour ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

The girls with taste stan Sharla :sistrens:

I literally just got to meeting her in the game and she's such a queen omg

mother alert:siptea: 

27 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Is engage a whole new entry because it kind of looks like a greatest hits kind of thing :clown:

both:supaspaz:

it is their greatest hits game and it's a self contained story as well (though it's not good :bibliahh:)

I just realized we're in the year of the Switch II :jonny:

• ATRL Moderator
9 hours ago, ebaby said:

Stan :alexz:

You're gonna get XC2 next? It's even better than the first game :duca: (and pretty different!)

You can skip XC3 :alexz2: If they port XCX to the Switch (or Switch 2), you should look into that one though!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eóghan said:

I just realized we're in the year of the Switch II :jonny:

Hope they delay Switch till 2025 :gaycat5:

7 hours ago, ebaby said:

both:supaspaz:

it is their greatest hits game and it's a self contained story as well (though it's not good :bibliahh:)

so no wonder it flopped :clown: 

The way every Switch sequel / follow-up disappointed me :'( 

XC2  XC3

BOTW  TOTK

FE3H  Engage (the worst offender)

Octopath 1  Octopath 2

The only one that improved was Pokemon, but going from diarrhoea to **** isn't something to brag about :dies: Legends Arceus stomps tho.

Triangle Strategy is my true FE3H sequel :alexz:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Noah sweetie you will always be famous :heart:

• Confused 2

• ATRL Moderator
18 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Triangle Strategy is my true FE3H sequel :alexz:

You just reminded me I still need to play this :jonnycat: If Nintendo continues their strategy of only releasing 1-2 games per quarter, maybe now is the time to finally check it out.

(The only problem is that I'm halfway through a playthrough of Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, so I probably don't want to play tactical RPGs back-to-back :mandown:)

So I started playing Skyrim for Switch on New Year's Eve and it's so so so good that I can't deal with what I'd been missing lol.

Now I get why people say BotW and TotK feel Empty. And that's my fave video game series!

12 hours ago, Ponzi said:

So I started playing Skyrim for Switch on New Year's Eve and it's so so so good that I can't deal with what I'd been missing lol.

Now I get why people say BotW and TotK feel Empty. And that's my fave video game series!

Skyrim is one of my favorite game of all time since it came out in 2011, and i think it aged rather well because you can still do some wacky stuff, abuse game mechanics, create drastically different builds on outer edges of spectrum and still don't lose anything, play your own way, without any level requirements for missions, at you own chosen time because questlines don't interfere. it's really kind of sandboxy

but let's be real the combat and mechanics are absolute TRASH and were already outdated/boring when the game came out

• Like 1

Happy Switch 2 year

:ryan3:

I just know the Mario launch title is going to eat hard:duca:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eóghan said:

Skyrim is one of my favorite game of all time since it came out in 2011, and i think it aged rather well because you can still do some wacky stuff, abuse game mechanics, create drastically different builds on outer edges of spectrum and still don't lose anything, play your own way, without any level requirements for missions, at you own chosen time because questlines don't interfere. it's really kind of sandboxy

but let's be real the combat and mechanics are absolute TRASH and were already outdated/boring when the game came out

Oh absolutely. Bow is especially frustrating. I'm sticking with swords.

I just love that there's so much going on. I have wacky/exciting stuff happening to me with each play.

I need a new Animal Crossing game on Switch 2 launch, NH was not it :sorry: remove the crafting system and bring back the rude villagers!

5Y29Tws.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gourgeist said:

I need a new Animal Crossing game on Switch 2 launch, NH was not it :sorry: remove the crafting system and bring back the rude villagers!

5Y29Tws.png

They should make a seperate game for the little crafters and keep the mainline series for the girls who actually want to play a relaxing village sim. I'm afraid Nintendo won't have a pandemic to inflate sales this time! :santa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Has anyone played Hogwarts Legacy on the switch?

If yes, is it good?

No offence, but some of the Little Villagers should go back and play New Leaf some time.

I played the other week and was shocked how much worse it was to New Horizons. New Horizon's biggest mistake was not having a comprehensive road map for post-launch support.

stephm.png

On 1/5/2024 at 6:52 PM, Gourgeist said:

5Y29Tws.png

crafting ruined the series honestly

On 1/5/2024 at 7:34 PM, Puttanesca said:

They should make a seperate game for the little crafters and keep the mainline series for the girls who actually want to play a relaxing village sim. I'm afraid Nintendo won't have a pandemic to inflate sales this time! :santa:

Watch Animal Crossing to debut at #1 :celestial5:

another 30 million seller me fears :giraffe:

2 hours ago, znake said:

Watch Animal Crossing to debut at #1 :celestial5:

another 30 million seller me fears :giraffe:

No Gracie and Brewster no sales me fears. :giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.