Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

Just now, Rence said:

I’ve been on Wind Waker’s side over Twilight Princess for years based on what I’ve seen cause I haven’t played them yet… but I’m shocked to see TP so low in your ranking :redface: I heard its dungeons are series highlights but the first few hours are ROUGH 

I remember completely giving up on Twilight Princess back in the day cos of those first few hours. But my gosh, once I started giving it another chance, it got so good that it’s now probably in my Top 5 Zelda games. The dungeons, the story, the twilight segments, Midna… Literally so good!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

• ATRL Moderator
8 minutes ago, Rence said:

I’ve been on Wind Waker’s side over Twilight Princess for years based on what I’ve seen cause I haven’t played them yet… but I’m shocked to see TP so low in your ranking :redface: I heard its dungeons are series highlights but the first few hours are ROUGH 

I think it's dull and derivative, a bland attempt to return to the OoT-style of Zelda game after some fans were upset that WW was so cartoony (and had so much sailing). Midna is pretty cool, but the story is basic, villain is dumb, gameplay feels unexciting after WW at least shook up the formula, etc. I don't remember the dungeons, but I'm sure they're good; I don't think any Zelda game has had BAD dungeons tbh (unless we're counting the BotW beasts :fan:)

6 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I think it's dull and derivative, a bland attempt to return to the OoT-style of Zelda game after some fans were upset that WW was so cartoony (and had so much sailing). Midna is pretty cool, but the story is basic, villain is dumb, gameplay feels unexciting after WW at least shook up the formula, etc. I don't remember the dungeons, but I'm sure they're good; I don't think any Zelda game has had BAD dungeons tbh (unless we're counting the BotW beasts :fan:)

remember reading a description that TP is OoT’s edgy cousin that tried to be dark but she can’t do it effortlessly like MM did :bibliahh: but it has so many dedicated stans though… it’s giving reputation 

I can’t wait to play it and judge for myself :fan:

Twilight Princess is one of those games I’ve never played but I absolutely love the art style/soundtrack 

TP is the only Zelda game I haven't played. I hope it gets released for the Switch:jonny:

So I preordered TOTK so I will have first hand reasons to drag this game

aocDZvz.gif

I'd probably rank the Zelda games something like this

1. Breath of the Wild

2. Oracle of Ages & Seasons

3. Wind Waker

4. Majora's Mask

5. Link's Awakening (original & remake)

6. A Link Between Worlds

7. A Link to the Past

8. Minish Cap

9. Twilight Princess

10. Ocarina of Time

11. Spirit Tracks

12. Phantom Hourglass

13. Skyward Sword

I think only Skyward Sword is the only game that I don't really enjoy nn. Ocarina of Time I've always found insanely overrated so I used to put that on the bottom of my lists, but I replayed it last year and got more into it than I expected and would say I actually like it now. But still would put it towards the bottom.

I've played through a little of the original LoZ... need to give it a full replay attempt. Same with Zelda II.

From the ones i've played

1. Breath of the Wild

2. Ocarina of Time

3. Oracle of Seasons & Ages

4. Wind Waker

5. Skyward Sword

6. A Link Between Worlds

7. Twillight Princess

8. Majora's Mask

9. Link's Awakening

10. Minish Cap

11. A Link to the Past

12. Phantom Hourglass

Honestly I've loved all of them, Phantom Hourglass is the only one that was a bit of a chore but still fun.

And I appreciate the love for the Oracle games in here, Capcom really did THAT. We need a 3D remake for the Switch 2

I’m relatively a new Zelda fan so I first played Skyward Sword on Switch (remastered version obvs) and I loved it :rip:

But I can see why people don’t like it. It can be annoying at times and a lil redundant but I also think it was super fun and would play again. Plus I love the color scheme and it’s my actual favorite soundtrack of the series. That Skyloft song makes me feel so at ease and happy. 

I will say though the graphics are def SHODDY. Like the quality from SS to BOTW is kind of so drastic 

Interesting...

1. Majora's Mask

2. Breath of the Wild

3. Link to the Past

4. Twilight Princess

5. Ocarina of Time

6. Link's Awakening

7. Legend of Zelda

8. Link Between Worlds

9. Wind Waker

10. Minish Cap

11. Oracle of Seasons

12. Oracle of Ages

13. Adventure of Link

14. Skyward Sword

15. Four Swords Adventures

16. Spirit Tracks

17. Phantom Hourglass

18. Triforce Heroes

19. Four Swords

Kinda shocked that they're all at least a 6/10 though.

@feelslikeadream you're a good sis so I say this with (some) love, but where do you get off calling Twilight Princess derivative while praising A Flop Between Eras?

giphy.gif

It's the way I've only played like 6 Zelda games but only finished 1 (BotW) :toofunny2:

Zelda is one of those games you can’t rank because the franchise isn’t one set of games. A 2D Zelda and 3D Zelda are not comparable, similar to Mario.

2D Zelda’s:

1. A Link To The Past

2. Link’s Awakening

3. Oracle of Seasons

4. Oracle of Ages

5. Minish Cap

6. Spirit Tracks

7. Phantom Hourglass

3D Zelda’s:

1. Majora’s Mask

2. Breath of the Wild

3. Ocarina of Time

4. Twilight Princess

5. Wind Waker

6. Skyward Sword

from what i played:

1. BOTW

that's it, thank you :bird:

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Subomie said:

@feelslikeadream you're a good sis so I say this with (some) love, but where do you get off calling Twilight Princess derivative while praising A Flop Between Eras?

giphy.gif

But apparently we don't feel that different about it. I ranked it 7th and you ranked it.... 8th

spacer.png

Aside from your mistaken belief that Toilet Paper belongs in the top 10, your ranking is actually pretty good!

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

But apparently we don't feel that different about it. I ranked it 7th and you ranked it.... 8th

spacer.png

Aside from your mistaken belief that Toilet Paper belongs in the top 10, your ranking is actually pretty good!

Hehe, I just wanted to throw shade at the state of early 2010s Zelda. The wall merge mechanic is actually so good that it boosts the game like 5 spots despite the braindead dungeons. :gaycat4:

Anyway, no Majora's Mask fan could ever have bad taste. :hughard:

Financial results in less than 5 hours. We’ll either hear about the next movie at this meeting or the Q&A that comes out next week :duca: 

Scarlet and Violet still selling strong :clap3::eek: over 22M sales now. This will definitely surpass Sword and Shield. 

1.6M for Engage is not bad at all, although I've read those are shipped copies lol 

Xenoblade 3 remains the fastest selling Xenoblade game :clap3: 

Less only 14k copies left to surpass the 2M mark. Hopefully the DLC helps although considering the lack of promo and the date, I doubt it. :skull:

The TOTK review embargo lifts tomorrow, right?

1 hour ago, the70s said:

So no new software after July 2023 (Pikmin 4) and no new hardware until April 2024.

They have nothing else except for the upcoming exhibit at gamescom this August. A summer Direct is definitely happening :lakitu:

Edit: Apparently Furukawa didn’t explicitly say that there won’t be new hardware this FY2023. Others have translated that he said no other hardware is factored in the sales forecast for this year and that they have nothing to announce at this time :lakitu:

Edited by Rence

Girlies adulting is so fkn hard :monkey:

I have no time or budget for gaming anymore since I bought and moved into my condo a month ago. I splurged on a ps5 for REm4ke as my final “fun” purchase and I barely played half of that in the month since its release. :redface:

On my to-buy list I still have the following MUSTS 

- TOTK

- XC3 DLC (y’all are the worst for posting about how flaw free it is when I legit asked you to LIE for my sake)

- Hogwarts Legacy

- Megaman BNC 

- Pokémon Scarlet DLC

and a ton of wants. But I don’t even think I can play any of these at this rate even if I had the money after furniture and expenses to buy them :monkey:

Maybe living with parents and owning no assets was actually peak life 

1 hour ago, youreyesgocold said:

Girlies adulting is so fkn hard :monkey:

I have no time or budget for gaming anymore since I bought and moved into my condo a month ago. I splurged on a ps5 for REm4ke as my final “fun” purchase and I barely played half of that in the month since its release. :redface:

On my to-buy list I still have the following MUSTS 

- TOTK

- XC3 DLC (y’all are the worst for posting about how flaw free it is when I legit asked you to LIE for my sake)

- Hogwarts Legacy

- Megaman BNC 

- Pokémon Scarlet DLC

and a ton of wants. But I don’t even think I can play any of these at this rate even if I had the money after furniture and expenses to buy them :monkey:

Maybe living with parents and owning no assets was actually peak life 

The way I'm having the same issue :deadbanana4:

I hate adult life omg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.