Nintendo Base | Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (9/24); Metroid Prime 4 trailer (2025)

feelslikeadream

19 hours ago, Reginald said:

Wow, the original Link's Awakening was the first Zelda game I played, as a kid, and one of my first video games. I'll have to check out this remake, didn't it know it existed! You're gonna love it, if it's like the original. 

I'm almost done. I've never played anything like this before, it's very unique. At the same time - I'm not sure how am I suppose to know some of the things I have to do in this game :deadbanana2: I have to use a walkthrough. Maybe I'm just not bright enough tho

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

• ATRL Moderator

I finally switched and now I'm excited for TotK

aocDZvz.gif

Canceled my Friday afternoon meetings so I can get home early and play :fan:

5 hours ago, the70s said:

I'm almost done. I've never played anything like this before, it's very unique. At the same time - I'm not sure how am I suppose to know some of the things I have to do in this game :deadbanana2: I have to use a walkthrough. Maybe I'm just not bright enough tho

Now imagine playing it when it came out and not being able to look anything up, like I did :deadbanana2: These devs really used to have us checking every NPC, door, and dungeon we already beat just to figure out what to do next.

On 5/6/2023 at 6:15 AM, D.Va said:

I see that you girlies are already on the TOTK train but I just finished the XC3 DLC and *****...

It was everything. I was GAGGED when we went to the real word (and I think that the radio hosts implied that XCX is in fact somewhat canon ? :WAP:). I wish XC3 was made of the great parts of the main game (exploring all the colonies, chasing your own characters and classes, ...) fused with the DLC. The exploration in the DLC is so much better than the main game, I wonder how big the map is because it doesn't look that huge but it feels AMAZING to explore. 

Matthew > Rex XC3 > Shulk XC1 > Rex XC2 > Shulk XC3 > Noah 

Not the minor spoiler :rip:

I need to start playing Future Redeemed but I told myself I wouldn’t start it until I at least finish Pokémon Violet’s story. I’ve been holding off on finishing the game for months. And not me having like three other games that I’m currently playing and have not finished yet (Astral Chain, NieR Automata, Nirvana Initiative) plus TOTK coming. 

If anyone happens to get an extra TOTK pro controller brand new I will buy it from you!! I'm in the US.

14 hours ago, the70s said:

That was the fun of old games. You had to actually think and try things to progress. It’s why people who played older consoles always complain about hand-holding in stories.

On 5/5/2023 at 4:37 PM, thatsmydemi said:

To be honest, only Engage and Octopath have underperformed/flopped. And Octopath doesn't really have a solid fanbase so it's not shocking, unlike FE.

Pokemon, Splatoon and Xenoblade have done better than their predecessors.

Octopath performed more poorly because it was promoted less and didn’t have a single company pushing it the way Nintendo promoted the first as if it was a first party game. They’re starting with discounts so I’d expect that by the end of the holiday season this year, it’ll be over 1.5M+.

On 5/5/2023 at 9:18 AM, Magickarp said:

Kinda underperformed? FE Engage won't even hit 1M, while 3H is already past 4M :rip: but yuh OT2 too tanked as hard as Engage too nn. I hope TOTK does outsell. 

Honestly playing the game now i'm glad they hid SO MUCH of TOTK. It's so exciting discovering everything.  

Engage will definitely be over 1M. It did over 144,558 physical copies in one week in Japan alone, sis. 

13 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Engage will definitely be over 1M. It did over 144,558 physical copies in one week in Japan alone, sis. 

That's her front loaded 1st week. By it's 4th it was selling less than 2000 copies, & by it's 6th it was selling less than 1000 and fell off the charts. 

Can someone explain to me the beef between kotaku and Nintendo :deadbanana4:

9 hours ago, Baltie said:

Not the minor spoiler :rip:

I need to start playing Future Redeemed but I told myself I wouldn’t start it until I at least finish Pokémon Violet’s story. I’ve been holding off on finishing the game for months. And not me having like three other games that I’m currently playing and have not finished yet (Astral Chain, NieR Automata, Nirvana Initiative) plus TOTK coming. 

Not me avoiding this thread to not see spoilers and then the first I do when I come back here is positing spoilers out of pure excitement, I'm so sorry :ghostface:

But don't worry, what I said was my own interpretation. Many players are interpreting the ending as something completely different. 

Digimon Survive is so disturbing :rip: I'm not too familiar with the franchise but this game made me want to watch anime 

Anyone have any game recs for switch? I enjoy stardew valley, mario kart, and AC. Something similar to those vibes and not too complex?

On 5/5/2023 at 3:43 PM, feelslikeadream said:

Gurl, that remake is CANCELED after Engage flopped. The series had a nice run though, and we'll always have Three Houses :heart2:

Hold up, not too much on the series as a whole now! We will definitely get more FE, but the developers will need to actually put their back into it to win back some of that goodwill they may have lost with Engage.

On 5/5/2023 at 9:08 PM, Rence said:

Watch them reveal everything in this :foxaylove3:

if so we will NOT be watching 

aocDZvz.gif

On 5/6/2023 at 6:40 AM, the70s said:

if you think thats bad play the first LOZ or LTTP 

aocDZvz.gif

18 hours ago, D.Va said:

Not me avoiding this thread to not see spoilers and then the first I do when I come back here is positing spoilers out of pure excitement, I'm so sorry :ghostface:

But don't worry, what I said was my own interpretation. Many players are interpreting the ending as something completely different. 

No worries! Anyway, I just know the story will have me completely gagged. Can’t wait to play it already :duca:

Only 4 more days until TOTK :jonny5:

Ranking all Zelda games I’ve played :bird:

1. Breath of the Wild

2. Majora’s Mask

3. A Link to the Past

4. Ocarina of Time

5. The Minish Cap

6. Link’s Awakening

7. Skyward Sword

8. The Legend of Zelda

9. Phantom Hourglass

I don’t have the means to play Wind Waker and Twilight Princess… where are the Switch ports :deadbanana2:

1. Breath of the Wild

2. Link’s Awakening

3. Ocarina of Time

4. Skyward Sword

5. Wind Waker

6. Twilight Princess

I can't rank the ones listed below because I haven't played them.

Majora’s Mask, A Link to the Past, The Minish Cap, The Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass

On 5/6/2023 at 6:40 AM, the70s said:

No sis I did the same. I’ve played tons of Zelda games before this one and there’s some things that are so freaking dense, I can’t believe they were left unchanged for the remake (for example that damn item trade quest ending up being required for main story progression… excuse me what???). I enjoyed my time with LA but I don’t really see it as one of the best. It has a large following of supporters though so I guess it might just be me :redface:

Anyways… here is my controversial take so I’m prepared for the drags in the replies: 

1. BOTW

2. Link between worlds

3. TP (midna best sidekick argue with the wall)

4. SS (haters gonna hate but I’ve loved the swordplay since day 1)

5. Windwaker

6. OoT

7. LA

8. ALttP (sorry I got bored :coffee2:)

9. MM (the time mechanic gives me so much anxiety, this game makes me feel physically ill :monkey:)

Edited by youreyesgocold

• ATRL Moderator
12 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

9. MM (the time mechanic gives me so much anxiety, this game makes me feel physically ill :monkey:)

spacer.png

I’m having a lot of time playing TOTK. It does feel similar to BOTW but that’s what we all wanted - more of BOTW and we all got that.

Switch hardware needs to be upgraded because its getting ROUGH. But 1.10 update and overclocking my Switch CPU/GPU at least gave me a stable 30fps. 

8 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

spacer.png

If it helps the situation, I love all the characters in Termina. I just can’t deal with a giant persistent timer warning me of their imminent peril, and not being able to save without resetting it :gaycat7:

2 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

If it helps the situation, I love all the characters in Termina. I just can’t deal with a giant persistent timer warning me of their imminent peril, and not being able to save without resetting it :gaycat7:

The Inverted Song of Time is your friend :gaycat6: and the NSO app has a save state feature which is very useful

• ATRL Moderator

Ranking Zelda games I've played:

1. Majora's Mask

2. Breath of the Wild

3. Ocarina of Time

4. Oracle of Ages/Seasons

5. Minish Cap

6. Wind Waker

7. A Link Between Worlds

8. A Link to the Past

9. Link's Awakening

10. Hyrule Warriors

11. The Legend of Zelda

12. Twilight Princess

13. Skyward Sword

14. Phantom Hourglass

15. Spirit Tracks

16. Four Swords Adventure

17. Link's Crossbow Training

18. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

19. Tri Force Heroes

20. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

I didn't finish Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, so I won't include that, but I was actually having fun with it before my computer broke :chick2:

I feel like @Rence and I have similar taste re: Zelda, overall.

30 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Ranking Zelda games I've played:

1. Majora's Mask

2. Breath of the Wild

3. Ocarina of Time

4. Oracle of Ages/Seasons

5. Minish Cap

6. Wind Waker

7. A Link Between Worlds

8. A Link to the Past

9. Link's Awakening

10. Hyrule Warriors

11. The Legend of Zelda

12. Twilight Princess

13. Skyward Sword

14. Phantom Hourglass

15. Spirit Tracks

16. Four Swords Adventure

17. Link's Crossbow Training

18. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

19. Tri Force Heroes

20. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

I didn't finish Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, so I won't include that, but I was actually having fun with it before my computer broke :chick2:

I feel like @Rence and I have similar taste re: Zelda, overall.

I’ve been on Wind Waker’s side over Twilight Princess for years based on what I’ve seen cause I haven’t played them yet… but I’m shocked to see TP so low in your ranking :redface: I heard its dungeons are series highlights but the first few hours are ROUGH 

well this will be a boring week for me as I could are less about anything Zelda lol

but can't wait to see y'all lose it and watch my roommate play a bit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.