Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

They need to bring AC back to its roots. I'm done with the designer island bs. I want interesting characters and fun things to do. This time there won't be any lockdowns inflating prices, I fear! :bam:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

2 hours ago, Puttanesca said:

I wonder what games will be announced with the Switch 2. :jonny5:

ARMS 2 is coming! :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Puttanesca said:

They need to bring AC back to its roots. I'm done with the designer island bs. I want interesting characters and fun things to do. This time there won't be any lockdowns inflating prices, I fear! :bam:

i think they can do both! build on ACNH's design capabilities while deeply expanding the social aspects of the game

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Puttanesca said:

I'm expecting new 3D Mario and Prime Beyond being a cross gen release. :gaycat3:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Oop, finally :lakitu:

• Haha 1

trying to recoup those loses from rosebuds game :bam: 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Puttanesca said:

This!

I don't want to play God in my town and have to create/build everything. New Leaf's level of control was much better. Just give us lots of fun events, more sociable villagers and furniture that you can just buy in its finished form from shops (of which there should also be more). :bam:

• Thanks 3

This motherfucker (Pyoro)... he really disappeared for months, returned with a mysterious "pih" tweet yesterday... only for it to be this... 

5esxLNZ.png

Why make an edgy comeback only to double confirm u've lost your source?

xKLpno2.gif

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2024 at 10:45 AM, Puttanesca said:

Completely agree! I've played AC since the GC days, and while NH served its purpose very well (I clocked 1,000+ hours during the pandemic), it's more of a sandbox/dollhouse game than a true AC title. I happily played New Leaf for years, even before the massive free update several years in, but I hardly touched AC all this year :( Hoping for the best of both worlds with the next Switch title; build on the good things from New Horizons, but please go back to the old feel of AC. I miss villagers with personalities, doing tasks and errands for them, mini games, certain furniture sets, bring back the discarded NPCs, and so much more…

• Like 3

On 9/19/2024 at 3:45 AM, Puttanesca said:

i get the impression that nobody wants to work on social mechanics anymore… all games are just builders now. it's happened to AC, The Sims, most farming sims… even Zelda is veering towards sandbox

List of things that don't exist

• Switch 2
  • Silksong
  • Rep TV
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Saint James said:

i get the impression that nobody wants to work on social mechanics anymore… all games are just builders now. it's happened to AC, The Sims, most farming sims… even Zelda is veering towards sandbox

!!!!!

And the Zelda direction is especially frightening since that's an action game and not a sim. I have no doubt that echoes of wisdom is gonna be amazing but did they really need me to have to craft beds to get higher up on a cliff? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rence said:

• Switch 2
  • Silksong
  • Rep TV

And we're glad about one of these :clap3:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Rence said:

• Rep TV

thank-god-thank.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/18/2024 at 4:57 PM, Puttanesca said:

A brand new MySims game after the unexpected success of MySims Cozy Collection :jonny5:

I never finished ToTK, but I still plan on getting Echoes next week :dies:

• Like 2

Echoes .nsp is out there.

Did y'all preorder echoes of wisdom? I usually wait for reviews but I kinda need this game on Friday :jonny5:

1 hour ago, Puttanesca said:

Did y'all preorder echoes of wisdom? I usually wait for reviews but I kinda need this game on Friday :jonny5:

Yes!! :jonny:

The release date is Thursday! :duca:

Poor TOTK:suburban:

11 minutes ago, Dylangaga said:

Yes!! :jonny:

The release date is Thursday! :duca:

Poor TOTK:suburban:

I know but I won't be able to play on Thursday much because of work. 😭

I'm just worried if I preorder it they won't deliver it until Monday or something, so I'm debating just heading to GameStop Thursday evening and buying it in person. I remember the shenanigans GameStop pulled when I preordered New Horizons. 

This talk about TOTK/Echoes reminded me of how I bought TOTK and sold it a week later. :suburban:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I didn't bother with Link's Awakening bc I do not like the art style...am I missing out? :doc: Should I use my game voucher to get Echoes of Wisdom? I was gonna get Luigi's Mansion 2 but eff that. 

3 hours ago, Danger said:

I didn't bother with Link's Awakening bc I do not like the art style...am I missing out? :doc: Should I use my game voucher to get Echoes of Wisdom? I was gonna get Luigi's Mansion 2 but eff that. 

If you have the online, just try it on the GBC Virtual Console for a bit and, if you like it, just wait and buy the remake sometime down the line since the physical version has definitely gone on sale before. IMO other 2D Zelda games are superior tho like the Oracle games which are also on the GBC VC. I initially wasn't a fan of the LA remake graphic style either, but it grew on me, mainly because it fits the game theme.

But either way, between LA and Echoes if you want one, go for Echoes since it's a new game. Maybe wait for reviews to come though tho idk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danger said:

It's lowkey the best Zelda that's available on the Switch, so yes, definitely check it out sometime! 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 11:44 AM, Rence said:

If nothing will be revealed this week or the next I will destroy my TOTK cartridge :jonnycat:

Not looking good sis :sistrens: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.