Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Oh, Roland is a little b*tch tbh

:suburban:

Cordelia outsold.

I feel like Cordelia is a flop compared to Geela rn, and i find her voice so funny everytime she does something, specially with japanese audio :dies:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

i wonder if we will get a port of Kid Icarus Uprising 

• ATRL Moderator
53 minutes ago, artc0cx said:

I feel like Cordelia is a flop compared to Geela rn, and i find her voice so funny everytime she does something, specially with japanese audio :dies:

Oh, I never had her in my party so idk how she is as a healer, but at least she has a backbone unlike Roland.

3D World's depth perception keeps f****** me up

Bowser's Fury though… now that's a masterpiece 

• Like 1

Are any of Mario games (+ spin-offs) that came out within the past year any good? Haven't bought a Switch game since last May (Tears of the Kingdom) and was looking to expand my library. Help a sis out!

spacer.png

• ATRL Moderator
55 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Are any of Mario games (+ spin-offs) that came out within the past year any good? Haven't bought a Switch game since last May (Tears of the Kingdom) and was looking to expand my library. Help a sis out!

spacer.png

I thought Wonder was a perfectly average 2D platformer, if you're into that kind of thing. Mario 3D games are always much better, I think.

11 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I thought Wonder was a perfectly average 2D platformer, if you're into that kind of thing. Mario 3D games are always much better, I think.

Which are the 3D ones? :lakitu:

4 hours ago, JonginBey said:

spacer.png

I enjoyed Mario Wonder but it's pretty short tho. And I'm not sure what other Mario game came out beside that, there is TTYD if you're into Paper Mario. And I think that's it...

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, JonginBey said:

Which are the 3D ones? :lakitu:

Oh, I meant historically (SM64, Galaxy, 3D World, Odyssey) not in recent years.

9 hours ago, JonginBey said:

spacer.png

KING!!!

i love Super Mario Wonder but also I have been goin hard for Super Mario RPG & Paper Mario TTYD

9 hours ago, JonginBey said:

spacer.png

Mario Wonder is a ton of fun and I highly recommend it. The art style is beautiful and the Wonder Seeds add a lot to the gameplay.

Super Mario RPG was beyond excellent and a truly beautiful re-release of a SNES game. I highly recommend it.

I'm playing TTYD now and I don't like it as much as SMRPG, but I'm only on Chapter 2.

I haven't played Princess Peach Showtime or Mario vs. Donkey Kong. Princess Peach has a demo available on the E-shop.

• Like 1

TTYD is better than all of Mario & Luigi, all the later Paper Mario games (duh) and also Super Mario RPG in my opinion, but as great as it is, I don't think it offers as much replayability as the first Paper Mario simply due to its tendency to make you backtrack a lot more and the fact that it's more story-driven, which can make certain chapters (I'd say 3 and 6 in particular, even though they're amazing when playing them for the first time) a bit of a slog since you already know exactly what's gonna happen. The original Paper Mario on the other hand is slightly less story-heavy and has much better level design and less backtracking, so it's (again, in my opinion) much more fun to replay again and again.

• Like 5

• ATRL Moderator

We need a Switch 2 announcement NOW so I can justify a Birdo banner :jonnycat:

Although my expectations are super low, I'm still excited for the potential Direct next week. Surely there's ONE good game coming later this year, no? :chick1:

Verizon is offering a free switch to new customers in my area :deadbanana:

Do you think there's some contract in place where they can't announce Switch 2 until that promo is over? :matty:

I finished my first playthrough of TS, i went with Benedict's choice. Thought it was the most sense but I wasn't expecting a epilogue like that :jonnycat: what a game

Edited by artc0cx
  • Like 2

I beat TOTK last night and I think I liked it a little more than BOTW, specially the music which was top notch. This game is simply 10/10. I have put over 120 hours into the game and got all the shrines and sages including Mineru but I think I'm going to leave it at that for now. I'm not interested in doing all the side quest or collecting the koroks or finding all the wells. It just seems so tedious and unnecessary. 

I really hope that for the next Zelda game we get a whole new world. Hyrule is cute and all but it feels so small after exploring every inch of it for so long. 

• Like 2

Happy 5th anniversary to this gameplay video

2 minutes ago, Rence said:

Happy 5th anniversary to this gameplay video

ojt7umgdy29b1.jpg

• Haha 3

On 6/13/2024 at 3:20 PM, SlowGinFizzzz said:

TTYD is better than all of Mario & Luigi, all the later Paper Mario games (duh) and also Super Mario RPG in my opinion, but as great as it is, I don't think it offers as much replayability as the first Paper Mario simply due to its tendency to make you backtrack a lot more and the fact that it's more story-driven, which can make certain chapters (I'd say 3 and 6 in particular, even though they're amazing when playing them for the first time) a bit of a slog since you already know exactly what's gonna happen. The original Paper Mario on the other hand is slightly less story-heavy and has much better level design and less backtracking, so it's (again, in my opinion) much more fun to replay again and again.

Mhm. I found Super Mario RPG to be a charmingly good time, and I really enjoyed the Mario & Luigi games when I was growing up too, but it's the first two Paper Mario games that are the only ones to keep me coming back for more. And I think it's the badge system tbh. Like what a simple way to add tons of depth, complexity, versatility and replayability to your game? Possibly the best thing about these games? (And they already have so much going for them with the settings, characters, music and such). Even Hollow Knight's charm system was inspired by the Paper Mario badge system. GOAT inspiring another GOAT. :lakitu:

So like, I totally agree with all of the things that you say 64 has going for it, and it's a very close second for me, but the expanded badge roster and partner relevance makes TTYD battles more engaging and fun to toy with imo, which is what keeps my interest a teensy bit more.

But yeah, both stunner games. How I wished we'd got a third game for Wii that really took the time to develop the concept even more...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm at the 7th chapter start of TTYD and honestly Mario rpg outsold 

• Like 1

I thought that I wouldn't touch my Switch for a long time after finishing TTYD but I've already bought 6 first party titles in less than a month

These games are too addictive 

1 hour ago, Lord Gaga said:

I'm at the 7th chapter start of TTYD and honestly Mario rpg outsold 

Why? Mario RPG is a 12 hour game with no replayability 

• Like 1

Playing Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance :smitten: 

Returning to the world of SMTV will always be a pleasure. The memories. :weeps: 

1 hour ago, Rence said:

I thought that I wouldn't touch my Switch for a long time after finishing TTYD but I've already bought 6 first party titles in less than a month

These games are too addictive 

Some Switch games are going out of print. Buy them while you can. 

I need the Zelda series to die of... for awhile at least.

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.