Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

Can’t wait to do another playthrough of TOTK when they finally announce Master Mode (yes I’m delulu) :jonny5:

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

:clap3:Another Slay: Recollection 

• ATRL Moderator
On 2/11/2024 at 5:47 AM, Spark said:

If there's any game us NintenDIVAS should be dragging for poor longevity, it's Splatoon 3. 

:bird:

It's gonna rebound with this! 

are we not gettin a direct?

14 hours ago, dabunique said:

are we not gettin a direct?

Rumour is a Partner Direct tomorrow, and then Switch 2 reveal before March 15th.

I wonder if Switch 2 will dominate the current console generation now that PS5 sales have reportedly started to slow down and will continue to do so next year :celestial5:

GGRd6S4XEAARMa6?format=jpg&name=medium

da way I’m gonna end everyone with my intricate footwork and triple axels. 

32 minutes ago, Rence said:

I wonder if Switch 2 will dominate the current console generation now that PS5 sales have reportedly started to slow down and will continue to do so next year :celestial5:

PS5 sales are only slowing down because there are not enough exclusives for it and new games are still coming out for PS4 constantly so people don't see the need to upgrade.

Nintendo doesn't usually do cross-gen games (aside from a launch title like BOTW or TP), so people will have to upgrade to the next console if they want to play the new games. 

1 hour ago, Timeless said:

PS5 sales are only slowing down because there are not enough exclusives for it and new games are still coming out for PS4 constantly so people don't see the need to upgrade.

Nintendo doesn't usually do cross-gen games (aside from a launch title like BOTW or TP), so people will have to upgrade to the next console if they want to play the new games. 

There were only two notable PS5-exclusive first party games (Final Fantasy XVI, Spider-Man 2) in 2023 and the only one that managed to be a system seller is the non-time exclusive one. It should be noted that some gamers are waiting for PS5 games to come to PC which is why there’s really no need to get the console.

Switch 2’s release will be fine regardless if its launch titles are cross-gen or not because Nintendo’s brand loyalty is strong. Gamers don’t have to worry about a PC release for each game unless it’s second/third party like Monster Hunter Rise.

2 hours ago, Rence said:

It all depends. If they just give us more power but keep the hybrid console and only raise the price by like $50, they will be just fine.

Sony’s struggles come from underpriced hardware and super expensive software that takes them forever to get out.

1 hour ago, Timeless said:

I consider the PS5 to be the same as the PS3. It just didn’t add enough to justify switching generations.

On 2/11/2024 at 5:05 AM, Magickarp said:

Hmm I see where you're coming from. Generating a 9th best selling game is obviously a good, not disappointing thing. But I feel most businesses don't look at it that way, & have a sales prediction before they launch their game. And anything below their prediction = disappointment. 

I think Nintendo was happy with the opening obviously, but surprised and probably disappointed by the current numbers. And that is what K&K emphasized imo. The legs are disappointing. To have worse legs than Pokemon (known for having awful legs), with a more recent game, during Q4, regardless of DLC, is bad imo.

This is not how Nintendo game sales work. Nintendo knows that second entries in a console generation always sell worse - they were literally just warning Ubisoft about it with Mario & Rabbids. 

BOTW did 31.61M at around $60 on Switch in almost 7 years ($1.8966B). TOTK has done 20.28M at $70 on Switch in less than a year ($1.4196). Nintendo is most definitely not disappointed nor were they expecting higher numbers - this is exactly why the game was $70 instead of $60. They knew it would have weaker sales potential and they’ve never had an exclusive sell 10M+ copies this late in a console generation before, let alone a sequel.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eternium said:

This is not how Nintendo game sales work. Nintendo knows that second entries in a console generation always sell worse - they were literally just warning Ubisoft about it with Mario & Rabbids. 

BOTW did 31.61M at around $60 on Switch in almost 7 years ($1.8966B). TOTK has done 20.28M at $70 on Switch in less than a year ($1.4196). Nintendo is most definitely not disappointed nor were they expecting higher numbers - this is exactly why the game was $70 instead of $60. They knew it would have weaker sales potential and they’ve never had an exclusive sell 10M+ copies this late in a console generation before, let alone a sequel.

And who exactly said TOTK would sell more than BOTW?

spacer.png

Tell me how much more u know about "how Nintendo sales work" over ex Nintendo staff, user Eternium.

I see a sequel is exactly why they charged $70, thank you for this exclusive Nintendo Japan meeting info.

spacer.png

I know it’s such a tired topic but damn do they need the next console out this year :skull: Once I beat the Witcher I will have nothing left to play for the first time in years

8 minutes ago, Ego. said:

I know it’s such a tired topic but damn do they need the next console out this year :skull: Once I beat the Witcher I will have nothing left to play for the first time in years

I wanted to buy something when I was sick and realized there's no more interesting games that I haven't played :coffee:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ego. said:

It's heavily rumoured to be announced by next month according to multiple reliable insiders.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

I wanted to buy something when I was sick and realized there's no more interesting games that I haven't played :coffee:

Same, there were easily 20+ great games for the switch but after nearly 7 years I’ve played them all

15 minutes ago, Timeless said:

It's heavily rumoured to be announced by next month according to multiple reliable insiders.

That would be perfect, it feels like for the past 2-3 years there’s been nonstop rumors about a switch successor being made, we’re TIRED

6 minutes ago, Ego. said:

Same, there were easily 20+ great games for the switch but after nearly 7 years I’ve played them all

That would be perfect, it feels like for the past 2-3 years there’s been nonstop rumors about a switch successor being made, we’re TIRED

There was going to be a Switch Pro but it was ultimately scrapped (presumably due to Covid), so now all efforts are going into the Switch 2 for a big upgrade which is well overdue

Edited by Timeless

Just now, Timeless said:

There was going to be a Switch Pro until it was ultimately scrapped (presumably due to Covid) but now all efforts are going into the Switch 2 for a big upgrade which is well overdue

That makes a lot of sense, is there any info as to what the upgrades will be? I feel like the upgrades they were going to do for the switch pro seem in line with that leak that came out about Nintendo letting companies test the new console 

3 minutes ago, Ego. said:

That makes a lot of sense, is there any info as to what the upgrades will be? I feel like the upgrades they were going to do for the switch pro seem in line with that leak that came out about Nintendo letting companies test the new console 

All we know so far according to the rumors:

- Switch 2 will be revealed in March and there will only be a Parter Showcase Direct this month
- Switch 2 will have an 8" LCD screen (for comparison - Switch OLED is 7", standard Switch is 6.2", Switch Lite is 5.5")
- Switch 2 will have backward compatibility with Switch 1 games, and developers can enhance their Switch 1 games to take advantage of the added processing power

• Thanks 3

Finally 100% Mega Man Battle Network 6 Gregar :clap3: Everything about this game just works! It's the culmination of years of fine tuning, QoL improvements and balance and the hard work paid off with a BN game that's firing on all cylinders. Streamlining Soul Unisons with the new Cross System really gave more flexibility to battles and making them Link Navis you can control and explore the net with was a brilliant idea. Love all the Gregar Navis too they're so cool! Especially Heatman returning, one of the best Navi designs ever. BassBX was the only time I really struggled... had to resort to Beast Out/Double Point/Super Vulcan/Attack+30 cheese PLUS Beast Over but I did it :fish1:

It's been so fun going through the Legacy Collection (still need to do BN4 NG+ and also actually finish BN5 if I can ever complete the 100 samurai challenge). One new thing about these games that I didn't appreciate when playing them for the first time is the card collecting and deck building aspect. I would just use alphabet soup decks with whatever battle chips cute/cool viruses dropped. Grinding out good chip codes for a powerful deck with synergy is actually so addicting and ultimately rewarding and something I totally overlooked about this series initially.

Anyways, this concludes my paid partnership with Capcom to promote the Battle Network Legacy Collection. 6 games, 10 versions, 1 low price! Buy now!

Edited by BambiStar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Magickarp said:

And who exactly said TOTK would sell more than BOTW?

spacer.png

Tell me how much more u know about "how Nintendo sales work" over ex Nintendo staff, user Eternium.

I see a sequel is exactly why they charged $70, thank you for this exclusive Nintendo Japan meeting info.

spacer.png

Mama, there’s a reason they’re ex-Nintendo staff. They weren’t even analysts - they just did PR events.

spacer.png

I keep seeing Nintendo fans trying to claim that ToTK and Wonder had mediocre sales, but we’ve never seen exclusives sell like that 7 years into a console’s life. What do you think Nintendo was expecting when BOTW did 31M+ in 7 years with DLC and a refreshed explorer’s edition?

spacer.png

13 hours ago, stupidjock said:

Octopath Traveler II and Star Ocean: The Second Story R need to be on your list.

4 hours ago, BambiStar said:

Finally 100% Mega Man Battle Network 6 Gregar :clap3: Everything about this game just works! It's the culmination of years of fine tuning, QoL improvements and balance and the hard work paid off with a BN game that's firing on all cylinders. Streamlining Soul Unisons with the new Cross System really gave more flexibility to battles and making them Link Navis you can control and explore the net with was a brilliant idea. Love all the Gregar Navis too they're so cool! Especially Heatman returning, one of the best Navi designs ever. BassBX was the only time I really struggled... had to resort to Beast Out/Double Point/Super Vulcan/Attack+30 cheese PLUS Beast Over but I did it :fish1:

It's been so fun going through the Legacy Collection (still need to do BN4 NG+ and also actually finish BN5 if I can ever complete the 100 samurai challenge). One new thing about these games that I didn't appreciate when playing them for the first time is the card collecting and deck building aspect. I would just use alphabet soup decks with whatever battle chips cute/cool viruses dropped. Grinding out good chip codes for a powerful deck with synergy is actually so addicting and ultimately rewarding and something I totally overlooked about this series initially.

Anyways, this concludes my paid partnership with Capcom to promote the Battle Network Legacy Collection. 6 games, 10 versions, 1 low price! Buy now!

Glad I bought the physical copy. This is next on my list :clap3: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dabunique said:

Oh, Peach is taking it.  :clap3:

Not Nintendo making me buy the Pastel Pink Joy-Cons too.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

Not Nintendo making me buy the Pastel Pink Joy-Cons too.  

I wanna buy it soooooo bad but Switch 2 is around the corner :redface:

I still don’t understand what kind of game Peach is. Like it looks like a generic, simple Yoshi ish game but there has to be more to it than that :rip: 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.