Nintendo Base | Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (MC 86)

feelslikeadream

Considering the state of the Paper Mario series, I actually hope they stick to the original as closely as possible and don't try to "improve" anything. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• feelslikeadream

• Magickarp

• Rence

• Katamari

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Well then I'm glad I didn't get SMRPG since I just played the OG a few years ago and it looks like I'm not really missing out on anything new :bird:

In other news, I'm playing Hades right now and oh, Supergiant ATE on this one :jonny4:

There’s Hades 2 coming 

• ATRL Moderator
21 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

There’s Hades 2 coming 

I know—it's part of what inspired me to finally check out the first! I've been meaning to for a while, but wasn't sure if I'd like the roguelite structure, but I'm having a great time with it so far.

What about the new Professor Layton game ?

Edited by Flocon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Well then I'm glad I didn't get SMRPG since I just played the OG a few years ago and it looks like I'm not really missing out on anything new :bird:

In other news, I'm playing Hades right now and oh, Supergiant ATE on this one :jonny4:

one of my T10 Switch games glad u got into it :jonny5: the bow + Aphrodite & Artemis are my ICONS

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

one of my T10 Switch games glad u got into it :jonny5: the bow + Aphrodite & Artemis are my ICONS

I did ONE run with the bow so far and hated it :mandown: I used the sword my first few runs, bow once, then have been on spear ever since then. I JUST got to the final boss after 16 runs and thought I ate but then I died in phase two :gaycat6:

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

I did ONE run with the bow so far and hated it :mandown: I used the sword my first few runs, bow once, then have been on spear ever since then. I JUST got to the final boss after 16 runs and thought I ate but then I died in phase two :gaycat6:

:rofl: the Chiron Bow specifically, I can't aim & like to fight from a distance so the bow was perfect for me.

Athena's Divine Dash & Hermes' triple Dash are a must for me too :lakitu: basically fire bow, dash away.

Chiron gets really fun when u pull stuff like this :WAP:

916dau0pc4x51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=63212c2e4470362c384aa981505cc302469365fc

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

:rofl: the Chiron Bow specifically, I can't aim & like to fight from a distance so the bow was perfect for me.

Athena's Divine Dash & Hermes' triple Dash are a must for me too :lakitu: basically fire bow, dash away.

Chiron gets really fun when u pull stuff like this :WAP:

916dau0pc4x51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=63212c2e4470362c384aa981505cc302469365fc

I don't know what any of this means, but I'm happy you found a weapon that works for you.

spacer.png

(I'm already dreading having to escape using every weapon :skull: I just want to be a spear main.)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I don't know what any of this means, but I'm happy you found a weapon that works for you.

spacer.png

(I'm already dreading having to escape using every weapon :skull: I just want to be a spear main.)

Use Ares’ boon (attack/special causes doom) if you can. It melts hp so fast if you spam it :gaycat4:

• ATRL Moderator
43 minutes ago, Rence said:

Use Ares’ boon (attack/special causes doom) if you can. It melts hp so fast if you spam it :gaycat4:

I don't know the differences between all status effects yet, but I know they're really good and I usually try to get one on my dash.

I think the best status boon I had so far (if it counts) is the Poseidon one that makes you push enemies back. The way no one was touching me that run :jonnycat: Made it to the Styx boss with all of my death defiances intact.

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

I don't know the differences between all status effects yet, but I know they're really good and I usually try to get one on my dash.

I think the best status boon I had so far (if it counts) is the Poseidon one that makes you push enemies back. The way no one was touching me that run :jonnycat: Made it to the Styx boss with all of my death defiances intact.

Hermes has a Boon that allows u to Dash 1 extra time

Athena has a Boon that allows u Reflect attacks while Dashing

Those 2 are pretty much something i always try to have for most my runs, u should try them out :gaycat4:

Also since u like Poseidon, iirc he pairs very well with Zeus when u get their Duo Boon: whenever u push enemies away they get struck by lightning. 

There was also that boon that would make you place laser beams that self turn towards enemies. I would always win final boss with them easily 

32 minutes ago, stupidjock said:

There was also that boon that would make you place laser beams that self turn towards enemies. I would always win final boss with them easily 

Demeter’s crystal beam :jonnycat: I used to win against the final boss with it as well especially when I’m feeling lazy

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Hermes has a Boon that allows u to Dash 1 extra time

Athena has a Boon that allows u Reflect attacks while Dashing

Also since u like Poseidon, iirc he pairs very well with Zeus when u get their Duo Boon: whenever u push enemies away they get struck by lightning. 

Yup, I've used all three!

Though tbh, Ive used the Hermes one the least; I rarely choose Hermes over other options, just cause the other gods have really OP stuff and you can sometimes get Hermes and all 3 options are bad :mazen:

For my past few runs, I've started with Athena's keepsake so that I can get her first and get a reflect of some kind (I prefer it on attack). Once I did a run with reflect, it felt impossible to go back.

7 hours ago, stupidjock said:

I saw that one, but didn't take it because I already had the cast upgrade from Dionysus and I really like it. But I'll give it a try if I see it again.

• ATRL Moderator

Took 26 attempts, but finally escaped :jonnycat: Whooped up on papa with a blade rift build—had the blade rift cast (upgraded so that it tracks the enemy + deals extra damage) and then also happened to pick up Ares' call in Styx. So there was a lot of blade rifting going on, but I finally won. Can't wait to do it over and over.

• Like 3

Is there anything of worth getting with platinum points on the switch or is all of the good stuff online 

apparently I just earned 130 of them :suburban:

So weird how money hungry Nintendo hasn’t added captain falcon to MK yet which would literally print money  :deadbanana4:

8 hours ago, Katamari said:

So weird how money hungry Nintendo hasn’t added captain falcon to MK yet which would literally print money  :deadbanana4:

F Zero is a flop... it would print a dollar.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spark said:

F Zero is a flop... it would print a dollar.

Captain is an icon tho 

everyone would get it :jonny3: well in America at least :thing: 

1 minute ago, Katamari said:

Captain is an icon tho 

everyone would get it :jonny3: well in America at least :thing: 

I think they're probably saving a lot of the other Nintendo icons for the next Mario Kart game. :bird: It is weird how they didn't add Falcon alongside the F Zero tracks in like 2015 though. :rip:

12 minutes ago, Spark said:

I think they're probably saving a lot of the other Nintendo icons for the next Mario Kart game. :bird: It is weird how they didn't add Falcon alongside the F Zero tracks in like 2015 though. :rip:

New Mario kart coming 2027 :jonnycat:peachette you are done! 

We really need Switch 2 soon, cause why have I saw multiple people recently claim that the Switch is less powerful than the PS3/Xbox 360? :rip:

9 minutes ago, Spark said:

We really need Switch 2 soon, cause why have I saw multiple people recently claim that the Switch is less powerful than the PS3/Xbox 360? :rip:

it SMOKES the 360 :rip: those people have no idea what they're talking about. However it's still like 20% the power of a PS4 :clown: 

Best video on what to expect from the Switch 2

• Like 1

I can’t wait to hear this theme in The Game Awards medley tomorrow :jonny5: I know it won’t win (Baldur’s Gate 3 deserves) but it’s still my GOTY :jonny5:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.